New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Construct handbook

Hi, I was wonduring if there is a guide to building constructs, like there is a guide to wizards/clerics etc. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Construct handbook

You mean making a character who makes constructs? Or making a character who is a construct?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Say I have an artificer. If I want to build a construct, this hypothetical handbook would tell me which to build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

The Artificer Handbook is the closest thing you're going to get. It goes over Homunculi, as well as general crafting tips, but doesn't really go in depths into crafting constructs.

My favorite construct to craft is probably the Greater Stone Golem. It has 271 HP, DR 10/adamantine, and magic immunity, so it's pretty hard to kill, and it packs quite a punch. The best part though is that the spells necessary to create it are exactly the same as those needed by the regular Stone Golem, so you can craft it as early as level 14 (or level 12 for artificers), assuming you have the gold. It's really expensive though, so I'd wait until 16-18 before trying (and stock up on -gp feats while I'm at it).
    Last edited by PId6; 2010-06-17 at 02:25 AM.
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court