New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It's gotten to the point where I can't count up the number of pips on four dice.
    Are you dice dyslexic, Koorly?

./..wait...so dice ware what's needed to banish Koorthihlu?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I've never been told this, but I've been told I'm "intimidating", and I never know what to do with that piece of information. What? I'm quiet. I'm frickin 5'2". I do my little thing and talk to people if the opportunity presents itself. I don't think *I* would find me intimidating. . . .

Confuzzling people.
    Your personality, perhaps?

You certainly give off the air online of someone who could be believed to be absolutely disgusted or turned off completely by the idea of dating anyone ever.

Through in the fact that you're rather attractive, are incredibly well endowed, and are rather savvy in multiple areas but perhaps not people...

Being quiet also, of course, can contribute (and contribute quite ...dramatically). It depends on how you are about initiating conversations and if your body language betrays that you really don't want to be talking regardless of whether you actually want to or not.

Now if it's straight women or gay men who are also finding you intimidating, it's either a competition thing or we're going to have to expand our thinking some in order to find more things to consider.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-13 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    Pffft, as my old maths teacher would say 'I'm a mathematician, not an arithmetician'
    Eh, I usually go on about how I'm an engineer, so I don't have to know how to do math!

That usually scares the people I work with...

In other news...

I LOVE ORANGE LAVA SOAP!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Seriously, I have yet to get anything on my person that can't be scrubbed out with this miraculous substance. I love the soft feeling that your hands have after a thorough scrubbing with the stuff. Its just AMAZING.

There, I said it. Carry on. Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've read THe Princess, I can't really remember any particular instances of either Ida or Psyche being mocked/shunned for being intelligent.
    They - and all the other females in Ida's kingdom - were seen as weird for being female and not wanting a man, and wanting to be independant. Admittedly I haven't read it since maybe mid-November last year, and even then I only read it for a week.
    Well, I suspect Gilbert's version is somewhat different to Tennyson's. What I posted in the text colours is a direct quote from Ida. Though that's referring to Psyche when she was a child, of course. The attitudes actually in the show are pretty much as you describe.

What's the JET scheme? And what, in the context of said scheme, is an ALT?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #1444

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    JET = Japanese English Teaching? Basically people go over to Japan to teach them English. Young people who've yet to truly embark on their professional career, mainly.

Probably would be good experience to get off of the same continent as her mother.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Food eaten, all new posts while gone read and now to the interesting discussions (i.e. intelligence and intimidation):

Some people find me intimidating, mostly because I'm both intelligent and knowledgable, and I've got an awesome head for numbers and mathematics as a whole. Most of those went in my intermediate school class, so I don't meet them any longer.

One thing that would scare them is that I remember all sorts of irrelevant and often useless bits of information of any kind. When I suddenly find use for any of it, it will seem like I have some sort of super-memory and remembers everything (I've got good word and pattern memories, but my picture memory is pretty bad and I'm terrible at names).

A running gag among my current class mates is that I'm capable of "outcalculating" a class mate with a calculator, even when it comes to pretty advanced multiplication. That's actually been proven true in several cases.

I love my brain.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    A running gag among my current class mates is that I'm capable of "outcalculating" a class mate with a calculator, even when it comes to pretty advanced multiplication. That's actually been proven true in several cases.
    Ah, good times, good times. My friends used to call me a human calculator. Possibly also a human dictionary.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #1447

Ah, good times, good times. My friends used to call me a human calculator. Possibly also a human dictionary.
    People do this. I then point out that I'm stupidly slow at mental arithmetic. Then I point out that I thought everyone knew what flauccinaucinihilipilification was. Geez people, it's only the longest word in the English dictionary, I'd have thought you'd know that useless piece of trivia!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    People do this. I then point out that I'm stupidly slow at mental arithmetic. Then I point out that I thought everyone knew what flauccinaucinihilipilification was. Geez people, it's only the longest word in the English dictionary, I'd have thought you'd know that useless piece of trivia!
    Amusingly, while I instantly spotted that you spelled it incorrectly, I can't actually remember what it means.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

So, does anybody know where I can quickly upload the 200 pictures I took of the UK meet-up? Death to the first person to mention Photobucket.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #1450

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    So, does anybody know where I can quickly upload the 200 pictures I took of the UK meet-up? Death to the first person to mention Photobucket.
    I can get Death your friend the reaper? Seriously, that or facebook, which would let us find you, are the only sites I know with bulk uploaders.

Just make a new photobucket with open access permissions, jeez.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, both of that happens to me. More of the former than the latter, but the latter isn't unheard of. I've got an astonishing affinity for advanced vocabulary, and it's happened on several occations that I can't find suitable words of a complexity low enough to reach to the common plebeians. Yes, that was intentional.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-07-13 at 02:29 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452

In my experience, there is nowhere you can quickly upload 200 photos.
    I've forgotten, or possibly I wasn't paying enough attention the first time, what's your problem with photobucket?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

That it hates me. And it will crash my Firefox. That is, if it gets past three pictures.

Once it even made my computer crash, somehow.
    It was running fine, had uploaded 10 pics, it was the only thing on, went downstairs and somehow the comp had turned off.
    (Yes, I run Windows, yes, I have auto-update-reset thingy turned off)

Maybe I should resurrect my Facebook account and give that a try...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Resurrect fb and add me :o.

Imageshack is good too. As is tinypic.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dallas-Dakota:
    http://www.dropbox.com/ is amazing for uploading in general. Never used it for photos, but for uploading, you install their app, put the photos in your Dropbox folder and let the software work it's magic. When the little icon is green, it's done.

Edit: Just tested, it creates a Galllery for your pics. ;)
    Last edited by FinalJustice; 2010-07-13 at 02:42 PM.
    In two seconds I will hit the ground
    A moment stretched out over years
    And my eyes will flicker and then something has changed
    An empty cage, a crimson bud, a street of blood
    A city rose sprung out to greet the rain

PoS: Enter Rain

16. - Top - End - #1456

Japan Exchange and Teaching. An ALT is basically like an assistant teacher. Specifically an Assistant Language Teacher.

I actually was called the Walkin' Talkin' Dictionary back at secondary school.

Amusingly, while I instantly spotted that you spelled it incorrectly, I can't actually remember what it means.
    The state of doing nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Barbarian in the Playground

Put them in RARs, and then upload them to mediafire

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Nah.
    Merely trying to figure out if I fit all the criteria you listed.
    'Sides, it's too early.
    Let's go with "yes" because I can't find pics and you seem smart.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Oh yeah, that's why, until I got my laptop, on which I was able to install the required plugin for the regular uploader, I always grabbed a book to read while uploading photos to facebook.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    Let's go with "yes" because I can't find pics and you seem smart.
    Check the You thread from about a year or so ago. Good luck finding a pic of her without a wig on though. I believe I've seen a total of 1 wigless Koooooooooorly pic ever. Assuming the pics are still uploaded and the links aren't broken.

<<< is dumb.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2010-07-13 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

22. - Top - End - #1462

NecromancerGuy

Check the You thread from about a year or so ago. Good luck finding a pic of her without a wig on though. I believe I've seen a total of 1 wigless Koooooooooorly pic ever. Assuming the pics are still uploaded and the links aren't broken.
    Yeah... That's not going to happen.

The best I was able to find was a close up of her cheek which shed little to no light upon what she looks like aside from having round cheeks.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Banned

Well I'll just act like she's cute. She seems like a nice enough person that her looks won't really matter!

24. - Top - End - #1464

I think you're confused. It was Kara Kuro who had all the wigs. I've never seen a photo of Curly in a wig.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Bugbear in the Playground

DD, did you try flikr? That's pretty well known for images and such. Or you could try photobucket in IE or even better, in IE tab for firefox.

Psst, there's wigless Curly pics in the UK meet-up thread.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Wigs?

Whu'?

I am bemused.

Wigs? I have no wigs. I don't think I've ever worn a wig. But by all means, there are wigless Curly pics in the UK Meetup thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Banned

That's a long thread... I think it's simply easier to say that it doesn't matter what you look like to me

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking from personal experience, Curly is Cute.

Flikr: Well it says I can only upload half of them this month because of files size.
    And I was only trying to upload 68.

Edit: I have taken 34 random meet-up pictures to upload. Lets hope they'l be good ones.

Double edit: For some reason Dropbox has only taken three of my pictures and will not take more. Jpg's are fine, right?
    Flickr is at 30%.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2010-07-13 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Bugbear in the Playground

I need to filter through the pictures I took. All 10 of them probably. And do you all like my new avatar? This one's taken me the longest yet (maybe) 30 minutes.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an MMath. I feel like I should be able to negotiate simple tasks, like booking my coach tickets for the correct day. Or counting.
    It is a well-known "fact" that knowledge of calculus takes the same memory slot as basic numerics. You can only know one or the other at any given time.

It was Kara Kuro who had all the wigs.
    I've seen one picture of Kara Kuro without a wig, and she's not even recognizable. It's weird.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal