New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Druid Feats

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Druid Feats

I've decided to write up a 13th level druid for a future Pathfinder Core Only game, but I'm having trouble with the feat selection.

Natural Spell seems like the only no brainer. Planning on being melee focused because I don't think anyone else wants to be the I'M IN HIS FACE I HIT HIM HARD AND MAKE IT ANGRY guy, so Power Attack seems staple, but other than that, I'm not really sure what I should be picking up. I've considered

Power Attack
    Combat Expertise
    Improved Trip
    Greater Trip
    Cleave
    Natural Spell
    Spell Focus (Conjuration)
    Augment Summoning

The last two most because PF druids are just good summoners and if I'm going to be summoning a lot, I might as well make it bad ass.

I read that working towards Heavy Armor Proficiency was worth it in the long run so I could wear Iron Wood Heavy Plate or something like that, but I'm not sure if burning a feat is worth it for the benefit, not to mention the cost...

My only restrictions are that feats MUST come from a Pathfinder Source book, so it can come from the Pathfinder splats, but no 3.5 material.
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Druid Feats

Quote Originally Posted by Rasman View Post
    I've decided to write up a 13th level druid for a future Pathfinder Core Only game

My only restrictions are that feats MUST come from a Pathfinder Source book, so it can come from the Pathfinder splats,
    Does not compute.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Power Attack generally doesn't mesh well with natural attacks, as you can't get the 2 for 1 return.

For feats, if human, I'd go
    1st: Spell Focus: Conjuration
    H: Augment Summon
    3rd: Power Attack or Multiattack. I'd go more with multiattack
    6th: Natural Spell
    9th: Extend Spell
    12th: Improved Natural Attack (Claws, most likely)
    15th: Improved Initiative
    18th: Quicken Spell
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2010-06-18 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    Does not compute.
    I know...contradictions are contradictory

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Power Attack generally doesn't mesh well with natural attacks, as you can't get the 2 for 1 return.

For feats, if human, I'd go
    1st: Spell Focus: Conjuration
    H: Augment Summon
    3rd: Power Attack or Multiattack. I'd go more with multiattack
    6th: Natural Spell
    9th: Extend Spell
    12th: Improved Natural Attack (Claws, most likely)
    15th: Improved Initiative
    18th: Quicken Spell
    don't know how I missed Multiattack...just wasn't looking at Monster Feats, dur...druid...

I was mostly thinking Power Attack for other feats, or because of bad AC Combat Expertise, also to get to Greater Trip. I wasn't sure how Imp Nat Attack was going to work, since I don't, technically, have a Natural Natural Attack, but that would probably work well anyway. Entend Spell isn't bad, but I'm not terribly sure how. Quickened Spell just seems kind of Gimp though, I get that you technically can cast 2 spells in one round, but eating a spell slot 4 levels higher seems steep. I'll probably take the Extend Spell suggestion though, seems pretty solid just for the +1 level.
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.