New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Rate this combo

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Rate this combo

For a 5th level character (wizard 4/warblade 1 building to an eldritch knight ala Krimm/abjurant champion):

Combat reflexes + deadly defense + punishing stance= -2 to attack for + 2d6 damage. Like power attack but getting d6s instead of one point. Maybe getting arcane strike later (although abjurant champion has a weaker version so maybe not) to burn a 1st level spell for normal attack and +2d6/+1d4 damage.
    I can't figure out what else to do with my stance choice. Blood in the water is okay (rapier wielding so I'll get a decent amount of crits) but I don't plan to take a lot of Tiger claw. I don't like the AC penalty from Stance of Clarity since I'm still pretty squishy at this point. Bolstering voice is useful if bland and not sure about party comp for the stance that gives bonuses to chargers.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rate this combo

The biggest bonus of Power Attack is that it's multiplied. Bonus dice are not multiplied. Ergo, it's not that useful in place of Power Attack.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: Rate this combo

If you invest more on Expertise, like Cobalt Expertise, Vest of Defense and the like, you'd have something, I guess.