New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Wild West [d20 modern]

Okay, me and a friend were down at the lake yesterday and he asked me we could play a western game. I told him that I'd look for a system for it, but he said he thinks it'd be best to play D20 modern (his favorite) so I agreed. Now, I'll be DMing, as usual, but I'm at a loss for adventure ideas. I can't think of any. Does anyone have any ideas? It's gonna be basically an unearthed arcana campaign, but in old west times and setting. It's first level.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Wild West [d20 modern]

First, I'd suggest looking up D20 Past, which is a supplement to Modern that includes items from about the 1700's to around 1950. It's not necessary, but it could be useful.

As for adventures; from the sound of it, it's a solo campaign, but these ideas could work for multiple people as well.

I'd suggest making the PC some type of law enforcement, be-it sheriff, sheriff's deputy, ranger, or marshal. You could have him on a search for an illusive band of outlaws (or several bands for multiple adventures) or one individual outlaw that keeps evading local authorities. A quick list of crimes they'd be accused of would include cattle rustling, armed robbery (bank, stage coach, train), and murder (possibly of a mayor or a well known sheriff). He needs to find them and bring them to justice.

Hope that helps.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

I usually hate killing an unarmed man. Cold-blooded murder is a filthy business.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stay away from d20 Past, pick up Sidewinder: Recoiled. It's created specifically for Wild West-themed d20 Modern games.
    LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

How supernatural do you want to go? I know some people recoil like a vampire from a cross, but I enjoy Deadlands D20. Being a member of the Texas Rangers hunting down monsters would be fun.

Or you could just use it to play straight up, standard western stuff.