New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Range Spell to hit bonuses?

I'm curious besides Base Attack Bonus do you add anything to your to hit rolls with spells? Dex bonus? Prime Stat Bonus? Caster level?
    Me: "I am the all powerful force that holds the universe together, but at the same time i don't exist" Jeremy: "Oh so you're like God?" Me: "NO! I'm better than God...I'm the Dungeon Master"

My Improved Fighter Variant

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Range Spell to hit bonuses?

Ranged touch is Base attack bonus plus dexterity bonus plus any additional modifiers. It's like a regular ranged attack.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post
    Ranged touch is Base attack bonus plus dexterity bonus plus any additional modifiers. It's like a regular ranged attack.
    Ok what about non-touch spells?
    Me: "I am the all powerful force that holds the universe together, but at the same time i don't exist" Jeremy: "Oh so you're like God?" Me: "NO! I'm better than God...I'm the Dungeon Master"

My Improved Fighter Variant

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aeromyre View Post
    Ok what about non-touch spells?
    Ranged is BAB + Dex, melee is BAB + Str; whether it's touch or normal attack is immaterial (though some spells use casting stat for hitting and Caster Level for BAB; Telekinesis comes to mind - but that's always specifically stated in the description, by default it's as above).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.