New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Spells with multiple damage rolls

I'm building a bard right now, with boosted up inspire courage, and I was thinking that magic missile would be a pretty neat spell. At a sufficiently high level, it would allow me to apply that inspire courage damage bonus 5 times in one blow.

Any more spells with a good number of damage rolls/actions spent ratio ? They don't necessarily have to be on the bard's list.
    Last edited by Ranos; 2010-06-29 at 07:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spells with multiple damage rolls

IC wouldn't boost magic missile damage. If anything, the spell would have to have an attack roll to be considered "weapon-like" before even being considered.

Whirling Blade is a great on for this. Its a line effect of "attacks", each of which would be boosted by IC. It can only strike a single target once though, although its great for groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Spells with multiple damage rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    IC wouldn't boost magic missile damage. If anything, the spell would have to have an attack roll to be considered "weapon-like" before even being considered.

Whirling Blade is a great on for this. Its a line effect of "attacks", each of which would be boosted by IC. It can only strike a single target once though, although its great for groups.
    Ah, you're right, thanks for catching that. Whirling blade's a pretty good idea too, I'll look into it.