New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Setting Sun and Mounted Combat

Setting Sun has a signature chain of maneuvers that let you hurl people around, Ballista and Tornado being particularly famous.
    Can you perform them on horseback? Can you, say, perform a tornado throw and use the mount's move instead of your own? Does Higher Ground apply to a trip attack?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Setting Sun and Mounted Combat

Maneuvers can be performed while mounted.

You get the higher ground bonus on all melee attack rolls, which should include the touch attack to start a trip attempt (but not the opposed check).

And the tricky one... I'd say you could use a mount's movement instead of your own while initiating this maneuver. The maneuver seems to assume that all movement will be done as part of the same full-round action that initiating the maneuver is, but the actual calculations refer to things like "for every 5 feet you moved during your turn", and having a mount certainly allows you to move.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.