Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Questions for a "pseudo-theoretical" build

I am working on a kind of TO (in the sense it wont see actual play; but it is not on the level of Pun-pun the omnisfier or a (war)hulking hurler) but I am having trouble with some parts of the build.

Which are templates that increase int? (I am trying to avoid voidmind cause I don't like it, but if there aren't any good templates I might take it.)

Do all wings reduce the falling damage in the way that dragonborn and raptoran wings reduce it?

How do I calculate penalties for dual wielding two handed weapons? (I am using thri-krin as base, so with multiweapon fighting I can dual wield glaives).

That is all for now anyway.

thanks in advance
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Questions for a "pseudo-theoretical" build

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Do all wings reduce the falling damage in the way that dragonborn and raptoran wings reduce it?
    The standard rules for winged creatures are here. Wings reduce your falling rate from the usual wingless falling body rates (500' in the first round, and 1200' each round thereafter) to a much slower descent (150' in the first round, and 300' thereafter). There is no general reduction in damage on impact; such limitations are specific to individual races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse
    How do I calculate penalties for dual wielding two handed weapons? (I am using thri-krin as base, so with multiweapon fighting I can dual wield glaives).
    Whichever weapon uses your primary hand for holding has a -6 penalty, and any weapons wielded only in your off hands has a -10 penalty. Multiweapon Fighting reduces those penalties to -4 (primary hand) and -4 (off hands). Wielding a weapon with two hands doesn't allow further reductions because of weapon weight, because the melee weapon categories are (light, one-handed, and two-handed).