New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: Girl Genius: VIII Will Show Them All!

Why did you tell me, Now I have to wait more then a week for the next update

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler for the third sneaky gate in the row.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by Lucrezia's smile, I'd assume that she was bluffing about either the deathtrap, or not being able to deactivate it, although it's hard to fully follow her logic (since Zola would know if it was a bluff...)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2010-07-20 at 12:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Spoiler for the third sneaky gate in the row.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by Lucrezia's smile, I'd assume that she was bluffing about either the deathtrap, or not being able to deactivate it, although it's hard to fully follow her logic (since Zola would know if it was a bluff...)
    Spoiler
    Show

Remember that she wants to destroy this particular vessel?

The Hairy Modfather: Minor edit to correct the spoiler tags. This is here for information purposes only, you may edit your post to remove this message.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2010-07-22 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Spoiler accidentally not closed correctly
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Remember that she wants to destroy this particular vessel?
    Fixed.

Also,
    Spoiler
    Show
    She might want to kill Zola-copy first so that she keeps all of her information to herself.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

5. - Top - End - #155

The Agatha vessel is currently the only one who is both in control and aware that the Zola vessel isn't in control. If Zola escapes and Agatha dies, it leaves the Lucrezia Collective unaware that all their secrets are known by a rival/enemy (the definition of that term is "a free-willed creature").
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

could some one please tell me how to get to the snaky gates :(

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Go the latest comic. Right click on the comic image and select 'copy image location' or something similar. Paste this into your url.
    Adjust the dates by 2 or 3 days and press enter.
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggmain/strips/ggmain20100719b.jpg
    becomes
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggmain/strips/ggmain20100721b.jpg

Link to sneaky gate: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggma...n20100721b.jpg
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2010-07-20 at 05:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So... now that Zola managed to outwit the main villain, steal all of her secrets and escape while the everyone else is left behind in a deathtrap... do people still think Zola is incompetent?

Really the only thing she has to learn is to stop taking the time to gloat... Things would have gone a LOT smoother and leave less chance to failure... If she didn't take the time to gloat to lucrezia, she could have fooled her into thinking that everything was going according to plan and then willingly commit suicide to kill agatha; never knowing that the information she was trying to send will never get their and that all her secrets are in the hands of a rival... Hell and any would-be heroes (Tarvek) would have a had time keeping Lucrezia from killing herself.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... now that Zola managed to outwit the main villain, steal all of her secrets and escape while the everyone else is left behind in a deathtrap... do people still think Zola is incompetent?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, she DID take the marshmallow gun with her. I love that Lucrezia invented a marshmallow gun, by the way.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, she DID take the marshmallow gun with her. I love that Lucrezia invented a marshmallow gun, by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking the same thing.

Friday's and Monday's are both up too. No apologies for making you wait 'til next Tuesday night for a new one .

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, still her.
    Last edited by chionophile; 2010-07-20 at 10:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Either it shoots marshmallows at other stuff, or it will only fire upon marshmallows. I can actually think of a use for the latter! Apart from the obvious, of course (mmm... s'mores...).

Further Schneekies: Aww, how adorable! Tarvek gets to cuddle with the threat to all independent sentient life...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, unless she has a reason for it...
    Afterall, as Tarvek pointed out, she didn't even TRY to shoot them before leaving... so she may know it's a marshmallow gun... but she may know what she can use it for

Quote Originally Posted by golentan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marshmallow gun --- it will only fire upon marshmallows.
    heh-heh... "he was killed by some bad clams... they had axes"
    I love the way this comic thinks
    Last edited by slayerx; 2010-07-21 at 12:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

hmmm... So, now it's Lucy's turn to say This. Was. Not. My. Plan!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Link.

...wow. Lucrezia talks fast.

15. - Top - End - #165

Lucreziagatha knew this was a marshmallow gun, but Tarvek did not.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, throughout the comic I've found most of its villains to be scary, funny, dangerous or at least a little worthy of respect. I just can't muster any of these for Zola, no matter what she does. At best, I'm apathetic toward her, while most of the time it's just mild irritation at her continued existence.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

OK, several comments.

Lucrezia had all that time between when she sucker punched Zola unconscious, and the Pink One woke, and she never once LOOKED UP or wondered how all these people got into her lab? Watta moroon.

Where IS Zola getting all these devices, Lucrezia claimed she'd strip searched her! (But yeah, I thought she might do that. The assassin in Strumhalten had a similar gizmo.)

That Lucrezia had her lab set up with a death trap, would argue against her having actually converted to the side of Good. On the other hand, as we saw with Klaus, she's got a 'different' idea of what being a good guy entails.

The only way I can see Zola going for the marshmallow gun as being logical is she grabbed the concept "Nearest gun" out of Lucrezia's mind, and lept for it before she realized it was a toy. Either that or she thinks she can put something in it instead of marshmallows to make it dangerous.

Tarvek's got the hand gun. Why didn't HE shoot ZOLA before she got away? Or at least shoot the cable so she couldn't? Nobody except Zola is impressing me with their intelligence, here.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    OK, several comments.

Lucrezia had all that time between when she sucker punched Zola unconscious, and the Pink One woke, and she never once LOOKED UP or wondered how all these people got into her lab? Watta moroon.

Where IS Zola getting all these devices, Lucrezia claimed she'd strip searched her! (But yeah, I thought she might do that. The assassin in Strumhalten had a similar gizmo.)

That Lucrezia had her lab set up with a death trap, would argue against her having actually converted to the side of Good. On the other hand, as we saw with Klaus, she's got a 'different' idea of what being a good guy entails.

The only way I can see Zola going for the marshmallow gun as being logical is she grabbed the concept "Nearest gun" out of Lucrezia's mind, and lept for it before she realized it was a toy. Either that or she thinks she can put something in it instead of marshmallows to make it dangerous.

Tarvek's got the hand gun. Why didn't HE shoot ZOLA before she got away? Or at least shoot the cable so she couldn't? Nobody except Zola is impressing me with their intelligence, here.
    Remember, Klaus had a death trap set up in HIS lab too.
    Really, when you consider the possibility of experiments going Horribly Wrong or people breaking into your lab, a death trap is simply prudent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #169

The Spark does involve hyperfocus to the point of being oblivious to external parameters. Remember the scene with the falling machine? Gil and Agatha had to be snapped out of the Madness Place to remember this "detail".

Yeah, and she hasn't since been freed and did not have had the time to grab her gear back.

It's a big, threatening-looking gun. It can always be useful even if just for show.

He doesn't necessarily want to kill her; and shooting a cable is not that easy. Did Tarvek exhibit any proof of marksmanship? He seems to be more trained in hand-to-hand combat.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    You know, throughout the comic I've found most of its villains to be scary, funny, dangerous or at least a little worthy of respect. I just can't muster any of these for Zola, no matter what she does. At best, I'm apathetic toward her, while most of the time it's just mild irritation at her continued existence.
    So Zola, with Lucrezia in her, thinks faster & can outsmart Lucrezia (with Agatha in her)? Is she now the new supervillian?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, several comments.

Well that lab DOES have normal entrances... pretty easy to conclude that they would use those... especially since the giant hole in the ceiling required a death ray capable of putting holes in the side of a mountain to make

Zola knows EVERYTHING Lucrezia knows... which would include where she put all of her stuff

And we know that smoke knights are REALLY FAST

Well ya the conversion could have been a lie...
    afterall we also have her experiments on the muse, and der kestle...

Though death traps are still good idea to have when experiments run loose and you need to contain/destroy them...

Tarvek isn't exactly out to KILL Zola, or make sure she DIES with them...
    Last edited by slayerx; 2010-07-21 at 09:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well this makes it look more like Zola was the one who made the world that the Future Othar saw.

23. - Top - End - #173

PirateGuy

*This* was the mind that terrifled Europe for a generation?

I refuse to believe it.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Zeetha and Higgs are up there, lets see how that marshmallow gun works against them. Unless Higgs is with Zola.

Why would Evil Lucrezia make a big gun that shoots marshmallows? It's probably like those goop ball guns in The Incredibles, meant to incapacitate the target with stickiness rather than kill. Knowing Zola, she'll put something like the green goop monsters from Sturmhalten in there.

Man it took me forever to find how to spell Sturmhalten, I kept trying to put the 'r' before the 'u'.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu Yen View Post
    Zeetha and Higgs are up there, lets see how that marshmallow gun works against them. Unless Higgs is with Zola..
    Unless Zola has used that gun as bomb material.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu Yen View Post
    Man it took me forever to find how to spell Sturmhalten, I kept trying to put the 'r' before the 'u'.
    Maybe you have never learned German, it's a perfectly normal spelling (well I have only learned the basics, but it's enough to know). If you like a few language references in a comic, read Gunnerkrigg, it also has awesome atmosphere; it's only flaw is being too short.

26. - Top - End - #176

Sturmhalten is pretty much Stormhold, isn't it? Storm is Sturm with just one letter of difference, and halten is a bit further removed from hold but it's still quite blatant.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Sturmhalten is pretty much Stormhold, isn't it? Storm is Sturm with just one letter of difference, and halten is a bit further removed from hold but it's still quite blatant.
    The Storm word is indeed similar amongst many languages, I know it in three versions: Storm, Sturm, Sztorm.

But "halt" and "hold"? I honestly believe it is purely incidental.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by guciek View Post
    The Storm word is indeed similar amongst many languages, I know it in three versions: Storm, Sturm, Sztorm.

Halt was used in older versions of english to mean crippled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by guciek View Post

Etymology is not coincidence!

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/halten

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Etymology is not coincidence!

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/halten
    Funny thing, etymology, never know which leg it will bite ya. OK, so I was wrong :)