New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [PF]gunpowder & grenades

on the behest of my group and my personal curiosity, are there any rules for actual explosive grenade-like weapons in the pathfinder system?

my character is gunsmith from Alkenstar, skilled with alchemy & architecture/engineering who learned the art of magic after moving away for various reasons. for various reasons my character is quite skilled in the art of making black powder, if only because he uses it with his gun.

while i don't have any problems dealing with large areas of enemies, our group's rogue has expressed interest in having explosives of sorts. while my character refuses to take life if possible, preferring sleep/color spray & admonishing ray (a subdual scorching ray from a PF sourcebook) over more destructive spells, he understands the need for force at times where logic or mind-effecting spells are of no use (like undead, vermin, ooze, ect...).

so what rules exist, if any? i was unable to find any past the normal alchemist's fire/thunderstone/ect... in the PRD.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PF]gunpowder & grenades

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    on the behest of my group and my personal curiosity, are there any rules for actual explosive grenade-like weapons in the pathfinder system?

my character is gunsmith from Alkenstar, skilled with alchemy & architecture/engineering who learned the art of magic after moving away for various reasons. for various reasons my character is quite skilled in the art of making black powder, if only because he uses it with his gun.

while i don't have any problems dealing with large areas of enemies, our group's rogue has expressed interest in having explosives of sorts. while my character refuses to take life if possible, preferring sleep/color spray & admonishing ray (a subdual scorching ray from a PF sourcebook) over more destructive spells, he understands the need for force at times where logic or mind-effecting spells are of no use (like undead, vermin, ooze, ect...).

so what rules exist, if any? i was unable to find any past the normal alchemist's fire/thunderstone/ect... in the PRD.
    Well... The Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting has rules for some towards the back, near the PrCs...

And art thou the same oxybe as the one on the WotC boards?
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2010-07-13 at 07:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Well... The Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting has rules for some towards the back, near the PrCs...

And art thou the same oxybe as the one on the WotC boards?
    hmm... i'll have to borrow my GM's CS book and check. i found rules for the firearms, but not much for explosives.

yup. i even went the cheap way and linked my GitP avy to mirror the WotC one so when one changes, the other does also.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2010-07-13 at 07:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pathfinder and 3.5 are similar right? If so, the 3.5 DMG has some rules for grenades and dynamite and pg 146. Not much but its a start.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!