New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Leadership and LA Question

So for a pathfinder core game I'm going to play a Half-Dragon Human Monk. Half-Dragon in PF is a +2 LA and we start at level 9. Since there's REALLY not a lot for Monks in Core, I decided to look at taking Leadership since this is a "oh god...don't even look at it or you might die" type of campaign. But when determining my leadership skill, we weren't sure if I was treated at being a 9th level character or a 7th because of the level adjustment. How exactly would this work? Atm, if it's 9th level, then I'd get an 8th level Cohort, but if not then it would just be 7th, I think...any thoughts?
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Leadership and LA Question

I am interested in the answer to this too, but whether you are counted as a 9th or 7th for your leadership score, the highest level of cohort you could atract is 7th anyway correct?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.

The feat says your Leadership score is equal to your level, not your HD, so your base score is 9.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos Flame View Post
    I am interested in the answer to this too, but whether you are counted as a 9th or 7th for your leadership score, the highest level of cohort you could atract is 7th anyway correct?
    yes, BUT, this REALLY matters because, it technically could mean that I could only have a 5th level Cohort since I only have seven class levels, thus why I'm asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by HasegawaTakumi View Post
    Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.

The feat says your Leadership score is equal to your level, not your HD, so your base score is 9.
    That was my interpretation, but my buddy who's helping me make decisions on the character said it COULD be the other way.
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No. It's referring to your ECL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide