New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Crystal Spirit(3.5 template PEACH)

The Crystal Spirit

"There are times when even death cannot stop you, when your service to the Crystalline One comes before everything, even the laws of reality.
    -Unknown source, found frequently in shrines to the Crystalline One.

Creating a Crystal Spirit: The Crystal Spirit template can be applied to any Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, Aberration, Dragon, Fey or Magical Beast that worships the Crystalline One.
    Size and Type: Type changes to Outsider. Do not recalculate hit dice, base attack bonus, or saves. Size is unchanged.
    Speed: A Crystal Spirit's base land speed increased by 20 ft, and they gain a 50 ft fly speed with perfect maneuverability.
    Armor Class: A Crystal Spirit gains a +3 deflection bonus to armor class, in addition to the bonus granted by Mental Fortification.
    Special Attacks:
    Crystal Smite: A Crystal Spirit gains the ability to deal extra damage on a single attack equal to their hit dice a number of times per day equal to their (newly improved) Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier, chosen upon applying this template.
    Special Qualities: A Crystal Spirit gains the following special qualities:
    Mental Fortification: Upon applying the Crystal Spirit template, choose one of the mental ability scores. The bonus of the score chosen is applied as a deflection bonus to armor class and an untyped bonus to saves.
    Divine Protection: The power of the Crystalline One gives the Crystal Spirit supernatural toughness. A Crystal Spirit gains DR 5/-.
    Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Int, Wis or Cha(chosen when applying template, cannot be changed)
    Level Adjustment: +2?

Upon applying this template, the creature seems to explode into a mist or purple, before reforming. Their new body is made from dark purple crystals but is otherwise completely identical to the last one.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2010-07-21 at 10:30 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Crystal Spirit(3.5 template PEACH; WIP about 1/2 done)

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Creating a Crystal Spirit: The Crystal Spirit template can be applied to any non-undead, elemental or construct creature that worships the Crystalline One.
    Clear that wording up. Right now, it seems like you want to say any non-undead elemental or construct, but that would be contradicting itself. It's probably better to list all the types it can apply to.

Special Qualities: A Crystal Spirit gains the following special qualities:
    Mental Fortification: Upon applying the Crystal Spirit template, choose one of the mental ability scores. The bonus of the score chosen is applied as a deflection bonus to armor class and an untyped bonus to saves.
    That's a nice bonus. It's like a paladin's divine grace and a monk's Wisdom to AC rolled up in one feature, but better because it's only one ability score being used.

Abilities:
    Something like Dex +2, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2 wouldn't be outlandish. You could cut out the Dexterity bonus, even.

Level Adjustment:
    A +1 or +2 would be good.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-07-20 at 10:11 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Crystal Spirit(3.5 template PEACH)

And finished. Well, mostly. I want to add more fluff and an example, but I'll do that later.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.