New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Is there another source of information on Daelkar Half-Bloods besides Magic of Eberro

I kind of like this race, and I would like to update it to v.4.0, but I don't know if I have enough information yet. I've been working on this for a while and want to finish up, so does anyone know a good source of info about them besides Magic of Eberron?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Is there another source of information on Daelkar Half-Bloods besides Magic of Eb

MoE is the primary source of information on it. Since it's not OGL material, we can't really post links here.

I did find a complete writeup of it through Google, though.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: Is there another source of information on Daelkar Half-Bloods besides Magic of Eb

I think he has MoE and is just looking for more fluff on them.

I can't find much, save on the Daelkyr themselves, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bummer. Yeah, I have Magic of Eberron. I thought maybe with more info I could make the updated abilities better and more accurate.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. Daelkar Half-Bloods got no love in 3.5 and I don't expect them to even make it to 4.0 (Couldn't even let them grow their own living breastplate, could you WotC?! ). It sucks that the better symbionts have no price listed (Again, looking at you Living BP and Psi claws) and that they got no feat lovin' (what about growing an additional pet? PLeeeease ).

I wonder if Pathfinder would be allowed to use the race, or something similar?
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-07-22 at 09:22 PM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    I wonder if Pathfinder would be allowed to use the race, or something similar?
    "If it's in 3.5, it can work in Pathfinder."

It's not OGL (as Aslan explained) so Paizo can't write about it, but nothing is stopping you from running a Pathfinder campaign set in Eberron and bringing them in. Or even just making a similar race without all the Khyber connections in some other setting.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

psi claws??? sounds interesting where can I find that symbiont, I don't remember it on the ECS or MoE [/thread jack]
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I think they can be found in the Fiend Folio, along with a few other early symbionts.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    I think they can be found in the Fiend Folio, along with a few other early symbionts.
    That would explain why I don't know them... I forget the symbionts were not introduced in Eberron.... time to dig out the Fiend Folio.

Thanks

[Finnish Thread jack]
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    "If it's in 3.5, it can work in Pathfinder."

It's not OGL (as Aslan explained) so Paizo can't write about it, but nothing is stopping you from running a Pathfinder campaign set in Eberron and bringing them in. Or even just making a similar race without all the Khyber connections in some other setting.
    Drat. I was hoping they could be convinced to adopt the poor thing and give it some T.L.C.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Drat. I was hoping they could be convinced to adopt the poor thing and give it some T.L.C.
    It is as off-limits to Paizo as Warforged/Psiforged. But you could crib together some generic aberration/aberration-hunter fluff from Lords of Madness and homebrew a backstory yourself...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Symbionts need proper levels, maybe some mechanics to use them as familiars.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the whole "EVERYTHING MUST HAVE A LEVEL" mentality of 4e would actually work really well with symbionts (and thus DH-B). It would be hard to put into the formula of other 4e races, but it could definitely work if you were willing to squint.

(Diseases having levels still makes me chuckle. "Be honest, Doc... how bad is it?" "I'm afraid... it's level 12. There's... not much I can do.")
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    (Diseases having levels still makes me chuckle. "Be honest, Doc... how bad is it?" "I'm afraid... it's level 12. There's... not much I can do.")
    "Take two of these. Save ends."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Symbionts need proper levels, maybe some mechanics to use them as familiars.
    I agree. I wish I was up to the task of fixing the 3.5 edition version, but alas I'm not that good at designing yet. I hope my 4th edition version will be a hit when I finish it though.