New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default PHB Feat Alteration

This is just some quick idea i had for a simple game with a guy playing the master class from War of the Lance (pg 20) which offers most of the +2/+2 feats for free.

Toughness: Combine with Improved Toughness (+3 at 1st level, +1 every level afterwards)

+2/+2 Feats: Double bonuses upon reaching ten ranks in appropriate skill. Skills that have bonuses granted to become class skills.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-07-25 at 02:45 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PHB Feat Alteration

These alterations look very similar to what was done in Pathfinder - they're a good way to make otherwise weak feats more useful.

Now, with a class that was created around the RAW version of the feats, it might get a little more powerful if the free feats get more useful - but I don't think it'll break the game.
    (Of course, I've not seen the class in question, so I may be wrong.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

WAT

Seriously, what's all this about, now?
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-07-27 at 04:11 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Basically, there are a lot of feats in the PHB which are utterly useless. This thread attempts to make a few of them a little more worth their cost. If you get seven feats in your career, you don't want to waste them. Imagine this: you have the choice of getting +3 hit points, or power attack. Or +2 to two skills, or quicken spell. And so on. Feats are not created equal.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

What feat alteration ive always liked was making Cleave a standard action, attack one target, use the same attack/damage bonus on another target within reach. Even if the initial target isnt killed or downed. And then make great cleave a straight aoe like whirlwind - full-round action, use the same attack bonus and damage bonus to attack all enemys within reach, again, without needing to kill or down them to get the additional attacks.