New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Recovery?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Recovery?

A friend told me about a trick to kill people so they can't get better, through Flesh to Stone, Transmute Rock to Mud, Purify Food and Drink, or a similar spell. I know this is a dumb question, but is there a way, excluding Wish and the like to recover someone from said combo?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Recovery?

Assuming mud counts as "very dirty water", that's it. No easy, low tech solution's gonna get you on your feet, except maybe as a water elemental.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Another variant is flesh to stone then transmute rock to mud and scatter the mud out in a large body of water.

In theory if you could somehow regather all of the mud you could sculpt it into a statue, use transmute mud to rock then stone to flesh.

For your varient, if you could get all the water back you might be able to mix it with dirt then follow the same process.

How to actually do this would require some trickery - probably using something like prestidigitation or unseen servant. Basically you need some magical trick to get the mud/water that the character was made out of.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJoker View Post
    A friend told me about a trick to kill people so they can't get better, through Flesh to Stone, Transmute Rock to Mud, Purify Food and Drink, or a similar spell. I know this is a dumb question, but is there a way, excluding Wish and the like to recover someone from said combo?
    ...True resurrection?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I think you're all forgetting about True Resurrection. Even if you turn someone to stone, turn the stone to mud, purify the mud to water, then drink all the water... True Res doesn't require any piece of the deceased to still exist for it to work.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

They're not. By a strict RAW ruling the target is still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

They are, technically still alive, so would Miracle, Wish, or Revise Reality the only ways to deal with that?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    I think you're all forgetting about True Resurrection. Even if you turn someone to stone, turn the stone to mud, purify the mud to water, then drink all the water... True Res doesn't require any piece of the deceased to still exist for it to work.
    No, but True Res does require that they actually be dead. A person transformed to stone isn't dead, so no form of resurrection works on them. You'd need to find the (nonexistant) pieces and Stone to Flesh them to bring them back; that's the only way (barring Wish/Miracle/Reality Revision/etc).

An alternative to the normal method is Flesh to Salt. Just throw the salt into a pool of water, then Purify it. Or dump it in the ocean.
    Last edited by PId6; 2010-07-25 at 09:22 PM.
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    "Why am I so thirsty all of a sudden?"

- Illithid Warlord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...