New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Tips for An alchemest fire thrower

lets say that I want to build a character around throwing grenadelikes, what feats, classes, and items do you recommend?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tips for An alchemest fire thrower

Why throw them when you can add a full autofire setting? Go Gnome Artificer (Magic of Faerun).
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sneak attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Levels
    The monk is the only other core class, aside from the barbarian, that has no dead levels. Players always have something to look forward to with the monk, which boasts the most colorful and unique special abilities of all the character classes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artificer or Alchemist, depending on desired power level.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    lets say that I want to build a character around throwing grenadelikes, what feats, classes, and items do you recommend?
    My Xendrik Expeditions bombardier

Takes advantage of small size, a dex bonus and the halfling +1 with thrown weapons for a +3 to hit right out of the bat at 1st level, and the Grenadier feat from the PHB2 and the Shaped Splash feat from Races of Eberron (halfling specific, but that can be reflavored if necessary if some other race, such as gnomes or dwarves, show a proficiency with alchemical warfare in the setting).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    My Xendrik Expeditions bombardier

Takes advantage of small size, a dex bonus and the halfling +1 with thrown weapons for a +3 to hit right out of the bat at 1st level, and the Grenadier feat from the PHB2 and the Shaped Splash feat from Races of Eberron (halfling specific, but that can be reflavored if necessary if some other race, such as gnomes or dwarves, show a proficiency with alchemical warfare in the setting).
    This is good, was thinking halfling anyways because of +1 bonus with thrown weapons. Should have specified 3.5 edition for the others though

Still looking for suggestions though. Want to run an unexpected type of encounter for a trek across the Talentia plains, and this is the Idea I came up with.

Probably will be using inhaled poisons as well.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2010-07-26 at 09:29 PM.