New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default HackMaster Classes

So, I'm going to be in a new hackmaster game tomorrow and thus have to make a brand new spanking character. I'm currently leaning towards barbarian, but I need thoughts and opinions. Monk sounds interesting, though the stats will be hard to roll for. I only have the core classes in front of me and not the others, so if I could possibly ask for what other classes there are (i.e. bloodmage) that would be nice. And I'm much more inclined towards fighter classes, so please keep that in mind. Thanks!
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: HackMaster Classes

I'd go monk if you can, or rogue. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Monk.

Though Wizard can be fun since IIRC the sleep spell has no save...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

i love the 19 diffrent variations of fireball :P

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The other classes are to be found in the character class splat books, including the blood mage.

I would stay away from the Barbarian as he does not work and play well with others, especially at low level.

In Hackmaster (and AD&D coincidentally) it's not so much a matter of what class you want so much as what class you can qualify for and what class your rolls will help you excel at. Roll a high STR and CON, then you might want to look at martial fighter types. High INT? Then a wizard is likely more your style.

I'd recommend staying away from the wierd classes for the moment until you get the hang of how things work. Besides, the classic Wizards, Fighters, Thieves, and Clerics work better together than the others.
    It doesn't matter what game you're playing as long as you're having fun.