Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Let's Play Pokémon Liquid Crystal- HARD MODE: Now with Less Generic!

Oh god, what have I gotten myself into?

Yes, I know that a million-and-one Pokémon LPs are on here, but I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done yet, let alone on "Nuzlocke-approved" hard mode, so sue me if I'm wrong. :V

This is my first LP done entirely through screenshots (and maybe the occasional video for Gym Leader battles, but it won't have any sound, I can guarantee that), and what I'm playing is a hack of Pokémon FireRed by the name of Pokémon Liquid Crystal. Being Exactly What it Says on the Tin, it is a remake of Pokémon Crystal and according to the creator, it's not a 100 percent complete remake, but there are loads of extra content. What those extra things would be I don't know, as I've never played this hack (nor have I played the original Pokémon Crystal). So... yay, blind runs!... ehh. :I

To spice things up in this blind playthrough, I'm going to play on the well-known Hard Mode, with a few rules tweaked (shown in strikeout. Hey, it's my LP, I don't have to follow the rules EXACTLY >:3). Copy+Paste GO:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.
    -Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokémon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokémon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
    -If you fail to catch the first Pokémon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Poké Balls, you can't catch another.
    -This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch Pokémon.
    -If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift Pokémon like Bill's Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokémon of a new area.
    -You must nickname your Pokémon so there is some sort of attachment. Each Pokémon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
    -If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
    -You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
    -You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle.
    -You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.
    -You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle, which means Legendaries are to be defeated in battle and not caught.

-All party Pokemon should be around the same level.

I'll try to do updates as frequently as possible. Knowing me, I will get distracted with real-life stuff (and MR2, love that game) but I will have time to play through the game, make screenshots, brainstorm dialogue and a semi-decent story and all that. I've got some good ideas cooking in my head right now, so wish me luck, because this is gonna be (hopefully) something good. I can sense it. :3

Also, there will be some custom art in this, drawn with wuv by me in GiMP. If my artwork sucks, it's because I suck at art.

Current Character List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Michael: Our resident protagonist! A medicated boy living in New Bark Town who suffers from various mental disorders where he experiences visions in his sleep and sees things during the day. A shrink gave him a heavy medication that provides him with relief from this problem, but this still doesn't prevent him from having repercussions of his past. He has a fear of leaving New Bark, but realizes that the outside world isn't as bad once Professor Elm sends him off to Cherrygrove City to run an errand for him. After finally venturing out on his own, Michael has lost 4 Pokémon on his journey, and caught many others. He's won 3 Gym Badges already and is currently heading towards Ecruteak City, heeding the words of the mysterious voice that spoke to him.

Mom: Michael's Mom. Being Michael's only parental unit, she cared for him with all the love a mother could give, and never left his sight (unless he was with friends or at school, and at that point he was already medicated). She tries to get her son out more often, and to experience life the way a boy his age should.

Auntie Verde: A friend of the family that often visits from a country much farther away from Johto, where she runs a shop. Being an NPC she doesn't
    really mean anything towards the plot.

Kaz: A childhood friend of Michael's who always knows the goings-on around New Bark. He helped out Michael by kicking the ass of the mysterious boy snooping around Professor Elm's lab, right after that boy proceeded to kick Michael's ass.

Cynthia: A childhood friend of Michael's, and the daughter of Professor Elm. She always tried to play with Michael when they were younger but his mental instability hindered things. Their friendship grew further once Michael was medicated, but whether or not she has feelings for him is up in the air.

Professor Elm: The hard-working, slightly absent-minded professor of New Bark. Being a Pokémon Professor, he is highly intelligent and is the top authority on Pokémon evolution. He often had Michael help him around the lab, teaching him things about Pokémon since he was unable to adventure and become a Pokémon Trainer like other children his age. He sends Michael out on an errand to retrieve something from Mr. Pokémon over in Cherrygrove City, much to Michael's chagrin.

Guide Gent: Simply known as this name, he was a man who lived in Cherrygrove City all of his life. A very long life he lived. After his wife died of some freak accident that this author is too lazy to make up, he proceeded to go gradually batsh*t insane. While he is still insane (and senile, to make things worse), he tries to keep his sanity intact by giving newcomers to Cherrygrove a long, guided tour of the city, as per requirement by the government and his medical advisors.

Erik: In case you haven't figured it out yet, our current antagonist. Age: Unknown. So far, what we know about Erik is that he's a cold, merciless killer. We know that he wants Michael dead. We also know that there is some sort of mysterious, otherworldly power about him. Is he psychic? Is he a demon, mental or literal (or otherwise)? Is he just some punk kid with a repressed horrifying past and a deep dark secret that he wants to reveal to no one because he doesn't know how to properly express his feelings in public, subsequently taking out his depression and anger on people he doesn't like? Well, we don't know yet, and I'm not saying anything. You'll have to keep reading to find out for yourself.

Trixie: A scantily-clad girl who works (and lives) daily at the Goldenrod Game Corner. Age: 23. Trixie works day and night to make a substantial living. She immediately took a liking to Michael as soon as he stepped foot into the Game Corner, giving him particularly special treatment (as if he was one of her own family) and giving him a free room. Flirting has ensued between the two now, but will this erupt further, or is she only using our mentally unstable hero? Only time will tell.

Falkner: The Gym Leader of Violet City, if only for a short time. Age: 18. After inheriting the gym and two Pokémon from his father (name and location unknown and unconfirmed), Falkner aspired to become a bird Pokémon master like his father was. Being young, maybe a year older than Michael, Falkner can be a little bit cocky and overconfident. Because of this, he let the power of being a official Pokémon League Gym Leader go to his head. And, because of that abuse of power, he kept his authority, but forgot what his true motives were. Michael helped him realize the error of his ways, and now Falkner has returned to his training.

Bugsy: The Gym Leader of Azalea Town. Age: 14. Bugsy is a fan favorite amongst the townsfolk, and the idol of the multitude of Bug Catchers that live there. Bugsy used his connections with the Pokémon League to immigrate Bug-Type Pokémon from the far away region of Hoenn into Johto. He also discovered the move Fury Cutter, and has had the move manufactured as a TM. He gets 50 percent of the money he gains from the production and distribution of said TM. He has a bit of a lazy eye, which Michael unfortunately got a good look at during their battle. Bugsy especially loves his Scyther, and will go to great lengths to protect it.

Whitney: The Gym Leader of Goldenrod City. Age: 16. A bubbly, ditsy, and self-proclaimed "incredibly pretty" girl whose family owns the famous Moo Moo Ranch. She left her home to get a job, and obtained a Gym Leader's position from the Pokémon League. She's not too bright, and is highly immature. Losing a battle will usually end up with her crying for a good period of time, then reverting back to her usual bubbly self. Confusing and exasperating Michael, she hopes to one day return to the ranch and find out what happened to her older sister.

Current (Alive) Pokémon List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rosemary: Michael's pet Chikorita and loyal partner. Rosemary senses that there is good in Michael's heart despite his fear, and knows when to calm him when he is troubled. Due to this gentle and calm nature of hers, she always knows what to do, and keeps a level head in the face of danger. She also has a hidden love for battling, and can't get enough of it. Because of her fighting spirit and willpower, she'll never go down easily.

Munchy: Michael's Rattata. Calm and level-headed much like Rosemary, Munchy is always one with nature and the atmosphere around her, meditating whenever she gets the chance to. This makes her much quieter than the majority of Rattata in Johto and Kanto combined, and at the cost of being loud and obnoxious, this has caused her to improve her physical strength and speed. Secretly, she wants to prove that not all Rattata and Raticate are prideful, vicious and obnoxious creatures that want to prove they are in the "top percentage" of their species, but are rather nice creatures when you get to know them. She hopes one day that all negative stereotypes about Rattata will be lifted.

Leonardo: An enigmatic, mysterious Exeggcute that approached Michael during his travels. All of the six eggs in the group, or in this case, the six brothers, speak with different mindsets, but the oldest one (conveniently also the smartest one) acts as the leader and treats them more like a 20's or 30's mobster would treat his underlings. When talking to Michael, the oldest brother puts on a completely different personality, like something of a powerful emperor or a leader of some far-off land, and refers to himself (and the rest of the brothers) as one entity, speaking in third person. Why it is that he does this or why the brothers approached Michael in the first place is
    unknown at this moment.

Roxanne: Caught in Union Cave, Roxanne is a silent Geodude who was searching for a Trainer to protect with her life. Michael was looking for a Geodude to make up for the one that he missed catching in Dark Cave. The two encountered, and the rest, oh, yes, is history. Being a Geodude of little words and a simple mind, Roxanne only wishes to protect Michael to the best of her ability, and she's proved herself to be very helpful so far.

Radish: Caught in the Ilex Forest, Radish, oddly enough, doesn't have much of a personality. She mainly does what she's told, and wanders around aimlessly, eating soil. She doesn't say a lot, and she loves headbutting trees. Perhaps she'll be livelier when she evolves? Who knows, Michael loves the little mushroom regardless.

Ludmilla: A lovely, dignified and particularly snooty Seviper caught by Michael just outside of Goldenrod City. Due to her personality, she believes she is the most beautiful thing on the face of the Earth, and she won't hesitate to clobber, slice, or poison anyone else who thinks otherwise. Pokémon would be wise not to judge her appearance, unless it's praise for her beauty. Michael gives nothing but praise to his Pokémon, so it's a pretty sweet deal for her.

Current Pokémon In Reserve List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rocky: Rocky was a Pokémon owned by an abusive Trainer named Reyley. Through methods unknown, Rocky somehow recieved scars and cuts from this Trainer. After seeing Michael's Bellsprout, the Trainer sprung at the chance to get rid of Rocky, finding him useless and unneeded. During an important battle with Falkner, Michael noticed that Rocky started to develop violent mood swings, which he never did before. Worried about Rocky's mind and well-being, he decided to keep the giant rock snake with Professor Elm for further examination until he can find out what the problem is.

Derek: A Heracross Michael encountered just outside of Azalea Town. Much like Spot was, Derek can't sit still. Except in this case, it's different- Derek, being a Heracross, has an endless fighting spirit. He won't go down without a fight, and he's waiting for the opportunity to prove himself to Michael.

Ida: A Pokémon that Radish headbutted out of a tree in Ilex Forest. Quiet and reserved, Ida has a bit of a sadistic sense of humor, and will often Selfdestruct to amuse herself. It rarely ever works, however, and this irks her. Pineco are known to explode with little to no hesitation, but being a Pineco that can barely ever explode makes her feel insignificant.

Anna: A baby Igglybuff hatched from an egg. Like all baby Pokemon, Anna is completely new to the world. It's a shame that the first thing she gets to see is Professor Elm. :V

Nadia: A shy, compassionate Snubbull caught by Michael outside of Goldenrod City. Like many Snubbulls before her, Nadia scared many a Pokémon away due to her frightening appearance, but all she wanted was a friend. This made for many sad, lonely nights. This changed once she was caught by Michael and sent to the Box to meet her new friends.

Shuriken: A Staryu caught, oddly enough, in a small freshwater lake in the Daycare Center. Shuriken can't emit his feelings the same way as other Pokémon- being a Staryu, it emits its feelings through the glowing gem on its body. When it's happy, the gem glows like a rainbow. Shuriken loves flinging himself wildly into other Pokémon, spinning about as quickly as he can.

Nobel: An insightful Abra bought by Michael at the Game Corner. Taken from his home in Cerulean City at a young age by Team Rocket, Nobel has lived for the past 3 years confined in cages with many other Pokémon much like himself. However, he chose to force those memories out of his head and sit in peaceful meditation. And he stayed that way. Being a Psychic type, he can speak through telepathy, which makes the meditation all the more confusing.

Current (Deceased) Pokémon List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Time: The first Pokémon that Michael ever caught, Mr. Time is an old, cheerful, rather absent-minded Hoothoot who had lived a very long life before Michael came along. While on an epic training session with Michael, Mr. Time was attacked by a rabid Sentret without Michael's knowing. By the time Michael had noticed, Mr. Time had lost a generous amount of blood from his wounds, and died in the Pokémon Center. He was buried just outside said PokéCenter. He plans to watch Michael's progress as a guardian angel of sorts.

Spot: Once Michael's Ledyba. Being the energetic little ball of red-and-black that he is, Spot hastily jumped out of his Poké Ball when Michael was ready to send out a completely different Pokémon, and got himself killed in battle. He now spends his time awaiting departure to the afterlife... by unintentionally annoying Mr. Time by talking too much. Hey, not everybody loves something with as much energy as Spot, now do they?

Calvin: What was once a dusty Pokémon egg that was given to Mr. Pokémon, then subsequently given to Professor Elm, then finally passed on to Michael by his aide-guy finally became this Pokémon, a healthy baby Togepi. And then it died in a freak Metronome accident.

Ariel: Caught by Michael using the newly-acquired fishing rod he got for free, Ariel was a Pokémon of little words. Her overconfidence led to her end after getting a lovely makeover while underground, then zapped by a Magnemite. That sentence doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2011-03-17 at 07:30 PM.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Jumping on the Bandwagon? Let's Play Pokémon Liquid Crystal- HARD MODE!

Pick Chikorita. No one ever picks Chikorita.

There's a reason for it, but you're doing a blind run, so no fair peeking.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jumping on the Bandwagon? Let's Play Pokémon Liquid Crystal- HARD MODE!

I agree, in the interest of you doing a blind run: pick chikorita

the lamest starter pokemon around!

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I was actually thinking about picking that lil' green whatchamacallit.

I'll shut up now before I give away anything else. :3 Gathering the screenshots for Chapter 1, then I'll post the Prologue chapter tomorrow.
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-28 at 02:01 AM.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah. Pick Chikorita.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, here it is: a little backstory to start this LP. Sorry it took so long, I wanted to get a second opinion from a friend of mine before I posted it here.

Prologue Chapter:

Spoiler
    Show
    ENTRY 1:
    TIME: 22:00 Hours
    MOOD: Puzzled

Well, this is stupid. My first entry in this damn journal and I don't even know what I should write. That shrink in Goldenrod must have had a few screws loose if he expects to actually learn something out of this. I hate my life.

Meh, I guess I should stop bitching and at least take this seriously, even if I think it's stupid. I'll start by saying a few things about myself. My name's Michael. I'm 18 years old, and I just graduated from high school about a few months back. I was born in this little town of New Bark, and I've grown up here. I suppose you could say I've lived an average life, nothing new, nothing particularly interesting... Except for one little thing. Since I was very young, every night I would have these... visions during the night while I slept. Of course, I wouldn't necessarily call them visions, more as I would call them little bits of mind-rape. Most every dream that I've had has become a nightmare of sorts, and it got so bad that as a child I wouldn't want to sleep. I developed insomnia before I had hit puberty, and I was seeing things in the middle of the night- warped, distorted inner demons that poked at the back of my skull, cackling and howling and causing a ruckus. It's not something I like to remember.

When I was about 10, my mother, who was naturally worried (I never had a dad around so it was just her and me), consulted a shrink in Goldenrod City to help figure out what was wrong with my mind. When you're young, certain forms of therapy can be... well, a little bit traumatizing- specifically the regular hypnosis and occasional electro-shock treatments. Nothing says "I'm crazy" like getting zapped with a teensy-weensy bit of electricity and having Dream Eater used on you by a Drowzee on a regular basis, am I right? ...Yeah, my childhood wasn't fun. I was given some form of medication with a ridiculous name that even to this date I still can't seem to pronounce. It helps keep my mind in order, and helped keep the "demons" at bay. While most ten-year olds would go out fulfilling their fruitless "hopes and dreams" of becoming Pokémon Masters, I lived my life like a normal kid would. I got an education. I made lifelong friends. I actually felt like I wasn't going crazy. It was great.

Of course, living in New Bark has its perks as well- I get to have Professor Elm as my next-door-neighbor, complete with his daughter Cynthia, who I've known all my life but never really got a chance to talk to in my early childhood, what with the therapy and all. Once I was on this medication, I could actually leave my house, and when I didn't, Cynthia would come over and play. Really, the only good memories I have from my childhood, aside from the every moment I've spent with my mom, were with my friends... and with her. I was afraid that she would think I was some sort of nutjob, but thankfully, she didn't. In addition to seeing her every day, I got to help the nutty Professor around the lab, learning about Pokémon in the process. I may not have been "living the dream" like other kids, but I did manage to learn a lot, even enough to become a very successful Trainer, or even a researcher. Now that I think about it, I guess something in me wanted to explore, to go out and see more of this world. Now that I'm... well, sane, I can actually set foot out of this town. Maybe start my own path.

Who knows, maybe I'm just rambling nonsense. I'm getting kinda tired, so I think I'll stop writing now. I've written enough about myself anyway. I should probably use this journal for a good purpose now- and who knows? Maybe I might get to have an adventure someday...

Yes, I'm actually attempting to take this LP seriously. I promise the first chapter won't be as heavy and filled with TL;DR moments as these journal entries are, but I can guarantee that they'll be important.

Lemme know what you think, constructive criticism is important to me. :3
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-28 at 10:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whouw, that sounds like an interesting LP.

Also, pick Cyndaquil.
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, nothing like crazy as a starting place for our hero... But these dreams may well be more than dreams: everything matters in LP-land!

On the other hand, I like that our hero likes his not-rival, since most don't like her much.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

9. - Top - End - #9

Plot twist: turns out he was dreaming of Slender Man, and we all know what that means...

Anyway, I'm a bit reluctant to say this for another Pokemon LP, but I haven't gotten around to playing this hack yet, so seeing another do it might be good, so... watching. Tentatively.

Also, those rules in the OP managed to do a good job stretching out the original 2 rules (1 Pokemon per area, release if a 'mon faints) into a near-wall of text.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Ah, nothing like crazy as a starting place for our hero... But these dreams may well be more than dreams: everything matters in LP-land!

On the other hand, I like that our hero likes his not-rival, since most don't like her much.
    Well, he's not that crazy anymore, thanks to those meds. And I won't say anything without giving away what I want to add into the story, so yeah :V

And yeah, heroes need a love interest, even if they're only an NPC who says one thing over the course of the entire game. :3

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Also, those rules in the OP managed to do a good job stretching out the original 2 rules (1 Pokemon per area, release if a 'mon faints) into a near-wall of text.
    What can I say, walls of text are my thing.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

DOBARU POST TIEM :3

Here's Chapter 1. We'll be switching to a pseudo-storytelling/breaking the fourth wall type of dialogue that's always in every screenshot LP in existence. Also GiMP art.

Chapter 1: Part 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh. Darkness. I'm not too fond of that. This is a great way to start a dream, ain't it?

Then again, sometimes darkness is better. At least I don't have to experience something frightening.

Hello, what's this?

Red eyes? and green circles? I don't like how those eyes are looking at me.

Oh, they were forming a mouth... but of what? Are you human, Pokémon, what?
    The creature emits a low, hoarse breathing noise, sounding much like someone who's lost a lot of air, or a chain smoker. The green circles are its cheeks, and inflate and deflate with each inhale and exhale.
    ..Ookay, I'm starting to think this dream's going to take a sudden turn for the worst.

What's going on now?

WHY IS THE FACE WARPING

Oh god, what's happening now?

It looks like it's... reforming into something else.

Two spirits? Maybe, I'm not sure what they might be. Maybe I should ask them what's going on. Excuse me, could you maybe tell me what's-
    RAPE
    Uhh, that doesn't really answer my question. All I need to know is-
    KILL
    Come on, stop it. I just need to-
    RAPE
    Seriously, I-
    KILL
    Stop!
    RAPECome on-KILLI just-RAPESeriously-KILLStop it!RAPEKILLRAPEKILL
    LET RAPEKILLME RAPEKILLSPEAKRAPEGODKILLDAMMITRAPEKILLRAPEKILL
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET THE HELL OUT!

They're getting fuzzy. I think shouting at them to get the hell out actually worked! Score one for me.
    EAT A D*CK, SPIRITS!

...Apparently cursing works, too. They're being destroyed!

They're fading away into the darkness...

Fading...

Fading...

There. And now it's dark again. Michael, you've outdone yourself this time. You've managed to make the dream change to your favor by shouting a few obscenities.

You know, at this point I'm welcoming the darkness. It's more calming than what I've already managed to experience in this dream.

...The hell? Is that a green pepper?

Another one?

What the hell?

Okay, this is getting weird...

What is this I don't even

OHGODWHATTHEHELLISTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...And then I woke up. In the middle of the night. It's not like I didn't expect this, my shrink did tell me that I'd have a dream like this every once in a while. I think maybe we had a power outage or a fuse got blown in the middle of the night too, because when I looked at my clock, the time got reset. I got up and checked the grandfather clock downstairs. Sure enough, it was 2:30 in the morning. I reset my clock and went back to sleep after that.

In which my character has his first obscure dream in what might be a long while. This started with me screwing around in GiMP and then I thought, "O hay, maybe I can implement this here!" I only hope it works. Screenshots have been painfully uploaded to Photobucket, so Part 2 shouldn't be that far away.
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-29 at 01:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyFoxMan View Post
    Screenshots have been painfully uploaded to Photobucket, so Part 2 shouldn't be that far away.
    It's a lot easier if you use the bulk uploader. Trust me.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

It's a lot easier if you use the bulk uploader. Trust me.
    I was using the bulk uploader. For some reason Photobucket doesn't like to agree with my laptop.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

My laptop once or twice has had issues with photobucket as well, so I can sympathize.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Chapter 1: Part 2

Spoiler
    Show
    After going back to sleep, I started dreaming again... This wasn't exactly as... weird as the previous one, but it did raise some questions when I woke up, that's for sure.

...Okay. I'm pretty sure I know who you are, but what are you doing in my dream?

That doesn't really answer my question, sir. Anyway, you're Professor-

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. Thanks for interrupting me, Professor.

Wait, why do you want to know this? I still didn't get my question answered! Ugh, okay, fine. I'm a guy.

Hey, I can see myself! I look pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.... Oh right, you wanted my name now? Okay, if you say so. Ya friggin' weirdo.

M-i-c-h-a-e-l. There we go. Jeez, I feel like I'm writing a namecard with the words, "Hello, my name is" on the top.

Yeah, that is what I said.

Ready for what?

Wait, what? I don't understand, what do you mean, my very own Pokémon challenge? Memories? Tough challenges? I don't understand!

Wait, you're not answering my question!

Please, come back...

And then darkness.

And then I woke up. What a strange dream. Why was Professor Oak in my dream, and what did he mean about a Pokémon challenge? I didn't understand any of it. I guess it's not worth thinking about. I should get ready for the day.

Let's see, showered, teeth brushed, snazzy outfit on, medication gulped down... perfect. I'm ready to start my day!... Except I don't really have anything to do today. I think I'll just play some videogames instead.

Yes, that NES skin I bought online for my Wii was a great bargain. It's better than the cow-patterned one my mom bought for me weeks earlier. She bought it off of some Chinese guy at a open market. You can tell it's made by foreigners because it has Engrish sentences all over it, like such memorable phrases as "DAZZLE COLOR ADORN SHEET".

...Huh. That was weird. Thanks, voice in my head. I guess I was rambling a bit there.

After doing a quick e-mail check, I went downstairs and decided I'd have some breakfast.

Mom was already downstairs bright and early, and it turned out Auntie Verde had came over to visit! I love that woman. She's not really our aunt, she's more along the lines of a "friend of the family who we consider family". After greeting my mother and Verde I decided to chat for a bit while I ate.

We got into a very nice conversation.

She's mentioned her daughter before. I've only seen her a few times, but she's very nice. She's also mentioned her niece before, too. Something about how she went to school somewhere much farther away from Johto and got all successful. Something about monster breeding or whatnot, I wasn't really paying much attention.

Oh, okay. Thanks, mom. I didn't know that nutty Prof. needed me to do something for him. I just hope it's not stacking boxes of DNA samples again. Last time that happened, I-

I seem to be getting interrupted a lot today.

Oh, my Pokégear. Thanks, mom.

I thought you bought it for me because I needed a new cell phone last month. Well, I suppose you are right about it being more meant towards Pokémon Trainers, but still...

Well, whatever. Let's go see what Professor Elm wants.

Huh. The weatherman never called for snow today. How strange.

Hey, Kaz.

No kidding? Well, he's always finding some kind of new discovery. Good ol' Kaz, always seems to know something new.

Umm... yeah, it just came back in from the repair shop. Hehe, looks pretty cool, doesn't it? Anyway, uh, I should go. Your dad needs me for something.

I really need to learn to have more coherent conversations with that girl. I always get so tongue-tied around her.

Hey, Professor Elm! What is it that you needed to see me about?

What's up? Please don't tell me that you need more boxes of Pokémon DNA samples stacked again. Last time that happened, I-

Interrupted again.

I don't like where this is going, Elm.

Wait, what about your research? What was the favor?

...Oh, that was the favor. Meh, okay. I could use a new pet.

Right. You and your research. So when do I get my new pet?

...Okay.

Wait, what about your e-mail?

Man, you're kinda absent-minded, aren't you? You just switched from one topic to the next without even explaining yourself.

Oh, okay. I got a little confused there, Elm. Sorry about that. Word your sentences better next time. I wonder what this Mr. Pokémon wants?

Wait, why me? I'm medicated. I can't leave New Bark, who knows what could happen? Can't you get your aide to do it?

BUT I CAN'T LEAVE THE TOWN- Oh, forget it, you're obviously not gonna listen to me anyway. I'll just take my pet and leave.

I looked these Pokémon over. Kaz was definitely right, they looked nothing like any Pokémon I'd seen in his lab previously. However, they didn't strike me as all that interesting. The Totodile looked like it wanted to playfully maul my face off, the Cyndaquil looked timid as all hell, but the Chikorita... looked strangely adorable. I felt at ease just looking at her. Of course, Professor Elm mentioned to me that a Chikorita's special ability was being able to calm its friends and opponents using a pleasant scent from the beads on its neck. That would explain why I felt so calm around it. I had to take the little whatchamacallit, it just seemed so right.

Yes, I do. It's just so adorable. You'll be my new pet, and I'm gonna name you Rosemary. Do you like that name?

Yay. I'm so happy.

What the fu-

Who the hell was that, indeed.

Elm gave me his phone number and told me that he was counting on me to get this errand done. I tried to reason with him, but it was a fruitless endeavor. I understand that Cherrygrove is only a short walk away, but I don't ever leave the town unless I'm going with my mother, or with my friends- and that's only a short distance away. Or when I was at school, I had an aide to help me with things, just in case I ever had a panic attack or something. Granted, since I'm medicated, and the effects last all day (It's some really strong stuff.), I should be just fine... I should talk to my mom and see what she thinks.

Thanks, but I really need to go talk to my mother first. I don't think it's right to-

Okay, fine. Thanks.

What the- who's that staring into Elm's window? Was he the one who shouted that?

Excuse me, were you outside shouting "I'm watching you, Elm!" just now?

And with that said, the mysterious boy punched me in the stomach multiple times...

And then proceeded to pick me up and forcefully throw me away from the lab. I don't know why he did it, but I was in a tremendous amount of pain. I blacked out after that.

I woke up in my bed, with a serious black and blue punch-mark embedded in my stomach and a few scrapes and bruises on my arms and legs. I'm still in a fair amount of pain, but my little pet Rosemary was sleeping next to me. I could tell she was worried about me, and that brought a smile to my face.

With my little friend by my side, I went downstairs and talked to my mom about what happened. It seems that after I blacked out, Cynthia and Kaz saw what happened and helped me to my house. They apparently chased his ass out, too. I'll have to thank Kaz for kicking that guy's ass for me. I owe him one.

Well, he wants me to go to Cherrygrove and find out what some guy named Mr. Pokemon wants. I really don't think I should be leaving the town, mom. I'm not fit to leave.

You really think so? Well, I guess I could use some fresh air... And I am already medicated, so it's not like I'm gonna have a panic attack or experience some sort of mental trauma while I'm out... right?

Well, it seemed Mom and Auntie Verde supported this, so I guess I'm gonna take a walk.

Outside.

I'm nervous. This is gonna be a really long day...

It seems people in New Bark have listening problems and/or short attention spans, specifically Prof. Elm. <_< What shall happen to our poor Michael? Stay tuned for the next exiting episode of Dragonball ZEEEEE PART 2! :3

Well, there you have it. I'm thinking maybe I should have split this chapter into 3 parts, but what can you do? I also skipped over some unimportant bits of dialogue that were generally unimportant. Anyway, I'll just have to deal with my laptop being stupid, so let's get back to talking about the LP. I really need some constructive criticism, and the positive comments really help me, so I thank you all for being supportive so far. Now I need to play through a bit and get the next batch of screenshots up, so yeah. I'll be done within a day or two tops. Kthxbai ;D

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this is an interesting start. I like that there appears to be an actual story, instead of "I'mma do a Nuzlocke run because I can." As to your photo uploads: Imageshack is the way to go.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Well, this is an interesting start. I like that there appears to be an actual story, instead of "I'mma do a Nuzlocke run because I can." As to your photo uploads: Imageshack is the way to go.
    Thank you. :D I'm just gonna stick with Photobucket for now, unless I run out of space to upload screenshots. I doubt that'll happen for a while, though.

Also on a related note, I just took care of the screenshots for Chapter 2, so I may be able to have the next chapter up by tonight.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground

Good Lp so far 2 questions 1 Are we going to see any more nightmares, and 2 is this game exactly like crystal but 3rd gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Good Lp so far 2 questions 1 Are we going to see any more nightmares, and 2 is this game exactly like crystal but 3rd gen
    1. Yes, I have plenty more dreams planned, a few of which will be a direct nod to other games. What those games are I won't say.

2. According to the creator, it's not an exact remake of Crystal. There's also accessibility to the Orange Islands, apparently, but this Beta doesn't take you through all of them. It only does Johto and Kanto and a few of the Orange Islands, I believe.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Double post tiem again. Guess what I've got!

If you guessed another Chapter of LPPLCHM, you'd be wrong absolutely right!

Chapter 2: Part 1

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, here I am... Out on Route 31. I've taken my first baby steps out of New Bark. This isn't too bad. Of course, I want to turn around and go back, as the fear is keeping me from moving an inch. As I grip the Pokéball at my belt holding my pet Rosemary, something in my head tells me to keep moving forward. Even though I'm afraid, I suppose this really isn't all that bad. There's a pleasant breeze, there's a light rain drizzling down...

...there are wild Pokémon running rampant across the tall grass. Wait, that isn't a good thing!

Oh, yeah, I should have expected that. Professor Elm taught me about Wild Pokémon. This would mean I'd get my first experience at battling. I haven't the first idea what to do, though.

So I guess maybe I walk in the tall grass like this and...

OHGODWHATTHEHELL'SGOINGON

Oh, look. It's a Wild Pidgey. Did I just imagine that vision warp? Weird.

As I send Rosemary out for her first battle, I still don't know the first idea of what I should do to her, but I do know that she has two attacks: Tackle and Growl.

See? There they are, right there. Since the entire point of a battle is to defeat the enemy, I ordered Rosemary to Tackle.

The Pidgey got the first strike, swooping down at Rosemary, hitting her head-on with it's beak.

Rosemary quickly got up, then darted at the Pidgey with a great speed, ramming into the little bird headfirst. I've never seen a Pokémon act like this before- activating pure animal instinct when pitted against one of its own.

Things took a turn for the worst, as the Pidgey took more health out of my poor Rosemary than I had expected it to. She looked injured. My body tensed up for a minute- what if my pet died in battle? I would lose my cherished pet before I could even spend enough time with it.

I quickly brushed that thought out of my head, as I remembered the Potions that the Professor's aide gave me. Those would heal her wounds quick as a wink.

Fortunately for me, Rosemary was holding an Oran Berry, restoring her health back, and I had her promptly retaliate against the tiny bird.

The two exchanged blow after blow- Tackle after Tackle, one after another. I hoped for victory, and feared the possibility of defeat. The feeling of a first battle is exhilarating. I never knew I could feel this way.

Finally, with one last blow, Rosemary took the bird down, and it stopped moving. While I had hoped that I hadn't killed the poor creature, upon closer inspection, it was still alive, but that didn't matter. I had won. I beat my first battle against a wild Pokémon. That was the biggest rush I had ever had. It opened my eyes to the world of Pokémon around me. I had never known a feeling like this until just now.

I'm rambling now, aren't I, Rosemary? I should probably stop.

As I wandered down more of Route 31, I realized that there's quite a few patches of tall grass, which means I'm gonna be finding a lot more Pidgeys.

And speaking of Pidgeys, another one appeared.

Rosemary promptly took it out, and she gained a level, too! I'm so proud of you, Rosemary.

Huh. Looks like somebody dropped this. I guess I'll just hang onto it until I can find whoever dropped it.

Another Pidgey appeared as I was walking, and Rosemary took it out as quickly as the other two.

Hm. Thanks, guy, that reminds me- I'll have to write in my journal after this day is over. I've already got a lot to say. :3

As I continued onward, I ran into something I had never seen before- A Hoothoot. It was an adorable, owl-like creature that always hopped on one leg. According to Professor Elm, a Hoothoot was a master of time itself.

Rosemary took it out without any problems. It seems like this little one was... late for it's appointment. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Did you hear something?

I also happened to notice these peculiar trees as I was walking.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that they were holding Oran Berries, perfect for my Chikorita to use as a hold item.

Yeah I do. >:3 If they aid my little pet in her battles, then I'll grab every Berry I can.

Which I promptly did.

Huh. I didn't know that a tree would disappear after you picked the Berries from it. How peculiar.

Oh, are you? Have fun with that. Just be sure not to get bitten by any mosquitoes.

...I don't know what that means, so I'm just gonna walk away.

Wow, I can't believe it. I actually made it to Cherrygrove City!

I took a moment to walk around the city and see as much as I could. I know I'm supposed to be running an errand here, but sheesh- I'm a heavily medicated boy who just got over a fear of leaving the town he's been confined in for eight years of his life. I deserve to do a little sightseeing.

I looked out to the ocean and I thought to myself how far I've already gone. I've taken a big step from being stuck inside New Bark every day. Something in me changed today. I stopped being fearful of the outside world, and I gained a new dream- I want to see all of Johto and explore the sights and sounds of it all. Screw my mental instability, I have medication anyway! I need to finish up this stupid errand so I can run home and tell my mom about this whole experience!

...Except I've looked all over Cherrygrove City, and I hadn't found anything about Mr. Pokémon.

I thought maybe if I asked someone I could get a hint on where to find him, so I decided to talk to this guy standing at the beginning of town where I came in. Excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I can find Mr. Poké-

Wait, me? Oh, no, sir, I'm not a Pokémon trainer.
    "What do you mean, you're not a Pokémon Trainer?" What about that Pokéball on your belt, sonny?"
    Oh, that? That's just my pet Chikorita. I have to carry her around for my protection since I'm running an errand for Professor Elm.
    "Well, if that Pokéball's on your belt, for protection or no, that makes you a Trainer! and that makes you a rookie!"

Ehh, okay, sure. I might as well learn a thing or two that the Professor hasn't taught me yet.
    "Wonderful! Anyway, everyone calls me the Guide Gent. It's nice to meet you, sonny!"
    Please stop calling me that. My name's Michael.

Which I promptly did. The man then directed me to a large building with a red roof.

Wait, you mean heal them completely? So if a Pokemon is injured in battle, or it comes down with some kind of sickness, the Pokemon Center will cure them instantly?
    "That's exactly right, sonny! Think of it as like a hospital, but for Pokémon! But the Pokémon Center, like a hospital, has one specific flaw- they can't save a Pokémon from death."
    ...Oh. I suppose that makes sense...
    "Anyway, let's move on!"
    Hey, I'm having an emotional moment, here! D:<
    "Suck it up, sonny, these things happen. Am I right? You can't screw with the order of nature. Otherwise you end up with some horrible abomination that would probably cause a lot of grief and destruction-"
    Alright, I get it. Crazy old man...
    The Guide Gent then brought me over to a building with a blue roof.

"Yes, yes, a myriad of other helpful items! But the Pokéballs are the most important. Don't forget that, sonny."
    Why are the Pokéballs more important than items that keep your Pokémon healthy and prevent their ultimate demise?
    "Because the Pokéballs can add more Pokémon to your collection! After all, you GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!"
    ...You're starting to creep me out, old man. Also, that phrase you just used seems strangely marketable. Thank God they haven't done anything like that here in Johto anytime soon.
    "And if a Pokémon dies, you can always replace it with another one."
    That's outrageously morbid and more than heartless. What about the memories you share with it, the bond that you eventually grow with it as time goes by? If there's one thing that Professor Elm taught me, it's that a well-trained Pokémon isn't something you can easily replace.
    "Screw you, kid, I've seen some things! And I've done some stuff! I won't let some pasty little white kid lecture me about morals! YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME! I... uhh... what were we talking about again?"
    ...Okay, this man is seriously off his rocker.
    "Anyway, let's move on!"
    So you're just gonna walk around that outburst as if you didn't actually scream at me at the top of your lungs?
    "What was that, sonny? Something about screaming?"
    OH, FORGET IT. Just take me on the rest of this friggin' tour so I don't have to listen to you say something else out of senility. Wait, are those handcuffs?

"And that's where my wife is buried!"
    Wait, what?
    "I said that's where Mr. Pokemon lives!"
    No you didn't! You just said your wife is buried on Route 30.
    "I said what now? Anyway, listen to what I have to say, sonny. Stop getting distracted."
    I'm not the one getting distracted.

You mean there's another type of battle besides ones against Wild Pokemon?
    "That's exactly right, sonny! You can pit your Pokemon against some other trainer's in an epic battle to the DEATH! IT'S AWESOME!"
    Death doesn't sound very awesome.
    "Oh, but it is! The guts and glory of battle is but a splendid thing. Engorge yourself on the blood of your enemies!"
    I don't want to. You're seriously crazy.
    "YOU'RE seriously crazy."
    That's an immature response for an old man.
    "YOU'RE an immature response for a- my head hurts now. What were we talking about?"
    I'm sad now.
    "Let's move on!"

"I hid a body in the water once."
    WHAT.
    "Oh, stop being such a baby. I was hiding a woman from my parents when I was just a young lad, and she voluntarily jumped in. Of course, I jumped in with her right after my parents went back in the house, and-"
    Excuse me, what at all does this story have to do with Pokemon being found in the water?

You know what, who the hell am I kidding? This is much better than a crazy, senility-induced rant about blood, guts, gore and death. Carry on, old man.
    "I don't wanna."
    Why not?

"I have to go inside and take my medicine. My nurse is waiting for me inside."
    Uh... okay.

"I can't reach it because my hands are behind my back, so reach in my shirt pocket and get it. Be careful, I'm a biter!"
    I'm sure you are, old man. I'm sure you are.

Ow, that old geezer wasn't kidding. But it was worth it- I got a Map Card for my Pokégear. Apparently I didn't have one already. What else hasn't my mom told me about this thing?

And with that, the old man slowly stood in front of the door and banged his head until a man dressed in light-blue medical robes opened the door for him. Then he shuffled his way into the room, laughing madly. The door locked after that.

I hope I never, EVER, meet a person like the Guide Gent ever again.

In which I officially make the Guide Gent completely batsh*t insane. :3

I wonder if anyone else has done this already? xD Oh, well, Part 2 coming up in a bit.
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-29 at 11:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Holy crap that was funny XD

The Guide Gent part made me seriously lol

Keep it up, this is pretty good!
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

22. - Top - End - #22

...I don't know what that means, so I'm just gonna walk away.
    (good luck 2010 = )? I expect this to be a recurring theme in the LP now.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

(good luck 2010 = )? I expect this to be a recurring theme in the LP now.
    Oh wow, roman numerals xD I didn't think about that at all.

24. - Top - End - #24

Oh wow, roman numerals xD I didn't think about that at all.
    I'm honestly not sure if that's what it's supposed to be, since there's a space between the MM and the X. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there.

But it's all I could think of so yeah.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

I'm honestly thinking it's maybe a user over at the Pokécommunity forums. That's where this hack originated.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Guess what time it is?

It's totally not Double-Posting-to-Present-the-Next-Chapter Time, that's for sure. Totally. ;P

Chapter 2: Part 2

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was a horrifying experience. After dealing with someone like the Guide Gent, I don't think this day could get any crazier. I seriously don't. How can anyone top THAT?

Luckily, the citizens of Cherrygrove understood what I just went through.

"He escapes from his house every so often, too. He really used to be a nice old man, but I think something in him just snapped after losing his wife. He went crazy... In fact, I think the only thing that keeps him sane, other than the medication, is what he considers to be the privilege of showing new visitors around Cherrygrove- his old job. It's kinda sad, really."
    I suppose you're right. Poor, crazy old man. I still don't forgive him for biting my hand, though.

Anyway, let's have a look at that Map Card...

Kinda bland looking. Well, let's open up the Pokégear and see what Johto would look like from a birds-eye-view, shall we?

Ah, so Mr. Pokémon's house is right there. I guess I should get moving, then.

Before I left, I decided to take a look at the Pokémon Center. I've never seen the inside of one of these before.

WHOA, THIS IS COOL. It's so... white!

But in all seriousness, I've never seen a building like this. People were bustling about with their Pokémon by their side, conversing and enjoying themselves. Apparently, the Pokémon Center is more than just a hospital for Pokémon. It also doubles as a hotel with full accommodations for passersby. No wonder there's one in every town- they're so convenient!

I walked to the counter, and was greeted by a lovely nurse.

Yes, do I just give them to you? I don't know how this works.
    "That's exactly right, sir. You just give me your Pokéballs and I place them on this machine, see? Then your Pokémon are healed, and I give them back to you. Simple, isn't it?"
    Man, this place really is convenient! That machine looks a lot like the ones that Professor Elm use back at the lab. I guess they're standard among Pokémon Centers and Pokémon Professors.

Thank you so much! Are you feeling better, Rosemary?

Huh. I wonder what she means by that.

I decided to check out the Poké Mart while I was there. Right after I left, it started snowing again. Seriously, am I the only one here who's seeing these weird changes in weather?

Wow, the Poké Mart is just as busy as the Pokémon Center was. Shelves were stocked with all sorts of products, some for healing Pokémon, others for travel, like Escape Ropes and Repels to keep Wild baddies away, and there were a myriad of other things, too! Why didn't I think of becoming a Trainer sooner?

...Oh, yeah, I remember why. Because I'm mentally unstable. That kinda hinders any thoughts of becoming anything, now doesn't it? It's a good thing my mind is in order, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten this far.

Just like in the Pokémon Center, there was a clerk at the Mart ready to serve. I bought some Potions and a few Antidotes, too- Elm told me that I might encounter Weedles and Spinaraks around Route 30, so you can never be too careful.

Huh. Must be a teenage intern.

With that out of the way, I headed straight into Route 30, ready to continue towards my destination.

...and head right back into rain.

The sign told me I was heading in the right direction, but I'm not going to Violet City, I'm going to Mr. Pokémon's house. There's a big difference there, sign.

After trying to get out of the rain, I was allowed shelter in a man's home. He then proceeded to tell me more about Berries, and even gave me one.

...Hey, this berry is half-eaten!

Oh, good. I'm going in the right direction.

Hey, what's that ruckus over there?

This must be a Pokémon battle the old man was talking about. Hey, do you mind if I watch? I need to learn about Pokémon Battling.

"Get the hell outta here, can't you see I'm busy? If my Pokémon dies because I'm getting distracted by some weakling who can't battle, its death is gonna be on YOUR head."
    Jeez, okay. I'm sorry, kid, you don't have to get angry at me.

Well, that was unpleasant. I'm sure that kid was just overreacting about his Pokémon dying. It looked perfectly fine.

What the- who is that?
    "Hey, wait up! What's your hurry, dude?"
    Are you talking to me? I'm a little busy, I'm running an errand for Professor Elm.
    "Wow, you know Professor Elm? That's pretty awesome."

Well, that's great, Zane. I hope you reach your goal.
    "Wait, don't go! I overheard you saying you needed some pointers on Pokémon battling. So you're a Trainer, right?"
    Well, no, not exactly. I just have a newfound dream of traveling across Johto and seeing all the sights and sounds. Some new Pokémon pets might be nice, though.
    "That's a nice dream, but if you're gonna travel across Johto, you're gonna have to know how to battle Pokémon. And, as it just so happens, I have a Pokémon with me right now! How about it? You wanna battle me?"
    I don't have any experience battling a Trainer, but okay! This could be a good chance to learn a thing or two.
    "Awesome, I knew you would say yes! I'm warning you- I'm tough!"
    That's not something you say to a beginner, Zane.

Hey, you don't say that, either. It seems to me like we're both beginners here.
    "I guess you could say that."

Hoo, boy. And just like that, I was swept into my first Trainer Battle against this random dude named Zane who just "happened" to see me trying to score some battling tips from a random youngster.

WHOA. Are you holding up that Pokéball with your hair? DUDE, THAT'S AWESOME. You seriously need to teach me that.
    "That's not my hair, that's a black glove! My hair's just long."
    Yeah, okay, sure. Just send out your Pokémon and let's get this over with.
    "Okay, you got it. Go, Porygon!"

What's a Porygon?

WHOA, THAT'S A PORYGON? I want one! Zane, where did you get that?
    "I'm not telling you! Now send out your Pokémon already!"
    Alright, alright. Sheesh. Come on out, Rosemary. Show 'em what you can do!

And just like that, Rosemary was out. I could tell she was itching to battle, she just had this fire in her eyes. It was amazing.
    "So you've got a Chikorita, huh? I can take that easily."
    You seem pretty confident, Zane. Of course, my Chikorita is a few levels higher than you, so I've got the upper hand.
    "You're learning fast, kid, but don't think I'm a pushover just because my Pokémon's at a lower level than yours."

"For example, my Porygon has the ability to copy your Pokemon's natural ability. It's called Trace. Pretty cool, huh?"
    A Chikorita's natural ability is Overgrow. According to Professor Elm, that raises the power of Grass-type moves when the Pokémon is weak. That doesn't help your Porygon any, Zane.

Rosemary got the first move and rammed right into Zane's Porygon with a hard Tackle.
    "Nice try, but I have a trick up my sleeve. Conversion 2, Porygon!"
    What's Conversion 2?

Whoa, it's body just transformed into hard rock! That's awesome! D:
    "That's what Conversion 2 does- it changes Porygon's type to match a move unaffected by the last move used on it. Only Porygon can learn it! Now I've got the upper hand!"
    Uh-oh. This won't end well. Keep attacking it, Rosemary! Maybe we can find a weak spot!

The battle raged on, but it seemed Rosemary's attacks were just brushed off.
    "That's great, Porygon! Now use Conversion 2 again and change yourself into the Steel type!"
    Steel Type?
    "It's the toughest type around. Your Chikorita's attacks won't stand a chance against my Porygon now."

"Wait, what just happened? He used Conversion? That's not what I told him to do!"
    Your Porygon isn't very good at listening, is it?
    "I guess I have to go offensive now... Tackle it, Porygon!"

The battle raged onward and onward. Zane's Porygon and Rosemary darted at each other again and again, each clashing bodies and recoiling back. In the end, the Porygon couldn't Tackle again. It collapsed and broke apart. I didn't mean to kill it.
    "You didn't kill it. Porygon's a man-made Pokémon. When it runs out of energy, it does that. It'll be just fine after I heal it up."
    Oh. Then yay, I won! Good job, Rosemary. Someone's getting a treat when they get home. :3

The battle against Zane was so intense, it made Rosemary shoot up 2 whole levels. She even learned a new move! I'm so proud of you, Rosemary. :3

"That was a fantastic battle, kid! You've got a lot of potential."
    Hey, you fought just as well, Zane. You've got potential, too.

Well, to be fair, you were stalking me.
    "I was not! I just happened to overhear that kid yelling at you as I was passing by."
    Yeah, okay, sure.
    "Hey, I'm serious!"
    I'm sure you are.

"You know, it's funny, all this time during our battle, I never even bothered to ask your name."
    Proving you're not only a stalker, you're a stalker who goes for the first person he sees.
    "Seriously, stop calling me that."
    Okay, okay, I'll stop. Stalker. Anyway, the name's Michael.

Same here, Zane.

"I have a feeling we're gonna run into each other again soon. See you later!"

And then he just darted off. What a strange guy. If I wasn't so happy for Rosemary's victory, I could swear that he was stalking me. Ah, well. I'm sure I won't run into him again anytime soon.

Onward to Mr. Pokémon's house!

Wait a minute, more berry trees! For the glory of Rosemary, I shall pick them!

Now on to Mr. Pokémon's house!

Hello, is anyone home?

Are you Mr. Pokémon? I gotta say, with a name like that I was expecting you to be a little more eccentric-looking. Ah, well, beggars can't be choosers.

It's not a box of DNA samples, is it? The last time I had an experience with those, I-

Oh. It's just an egg. It's a bit oversized. What, did you steal this thing from an ostrich nest or something?

Wait, so lemme get this straight. There's a couple who runs a building built on BREEDING Pokémon? You know, birds and the bees and all that? And that all Pokémon, regardless of size, lay eggs that are the same size?

...That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You must be seriously crazy in order to provide me with a theory like that.

Are you even listening to me?

...Wait. Did you just say Professor Oak?

Now hang on a minute.

I have a bone to pick with you, Oak. You were in my dream last night, spouting something about me having a grand adventure with Pokémon, full of fond memories, challenges and other nonsense. What's that about?

Why is it that nobody seems to be listening to me today? Also that's kinda creepy, Oak. Not gonna lie.

Oh, you mean Rosemary? She's my pet. I'm gonna give her a treat when she gets home because she's been a very good girl. She helped me get to Cherrygrove and she even beat up some stalker's Porygon. I'm so proud of her. :3

I just wanted the new pet, the errand came with it.

And to me, my Pokémon is a pet, and I love her very much. :3 Now what's your point, Oak?

Well, thank you for stating the obvious, Oak. I do love Rosemary very much. I already stated it like a million times today.

Help you out with what?
    "Well, you see, I had an AIM chat with Professor Elm about it, and there's something I'd like to give you."
    You have AIM? What's your username, Oak? I wanna spam you messages in the middle of the night. >:3

Oh, okay, I thought it was a box of Pokémon DNA samples. The last time I got involved with one of those, I-

Wait, what?
    "Yes, go out and get information on as many Pokémon as you can find, Michael! Professor Elm and I have talked it over, and we both agree that your mind is perfectly fine, and you're more than willing to explore the many sights and sounds of the Johto environment. And to start your journey, I thought it would be a fitting gift to give you this Pokédex. If you're going to explore Johto, you're going to be seeing a lot of Pokemon on your way. "
    Well, thank you, Professor, I don't know what to say. This is such a surprise, I never expected anyone to actually let me venture out into the world by myself. I only thought my dream would never happen, but... I never expected that it would come true.
    "What's the matter, Michael? Aren't you happy?"
    Yeah, I am. More than you can imagine, Professor.
    "That's very good. I'm glad to hear it!"

And then he left, spouting something about his usual radio program. I remember it, it would usually be playing when I would visit my psychiatrist in Goldenrod. I know I'm happy, but I don't know what to say. This newfound dream is actually coming true. I feel like I want to cry tears of joy, but at the same time, there's that fear returning to me, wondering about what would happen if I ventured out into the land of Johto by myself. What if I had some kind of panic attack, or started seeing or hearing things I didn't want to see? The only support I would have would be my Pokémon. I know Rosemary's already got my back, but what about the other Pokémon I might encounter? Will they be as willing to adventure with me as Rosemary is?

This is all so much to think about. Of course, this errand took much of the day, and I had begun to feel very tired, and a little dizzy too.

Mr. Pokémon offered me and Rosemary to spend the night at his house. I thanked him for the accommodation, and slept on the couch. So much had happened today, I fell asleep instantly, but I dreamed of nothing. I don't mean the type of dream where I'm floating in an endless white void. I mean I literally dreamt of nothing. Just pure darkness. It was a deep sleep, deeper than any other sleep I'd had in my entire life.

And there you have it. This one's a long one, but I wanted to smack everything in at once without having to resort it to a 3-parter.

Until next time, folks. I've got more screenshots to capture. :3
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-07-30 at 05:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Sweeet. I really like this LP, and I'll be keeping tabs on it! :D
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

28. - Top - End - #28

Cool beans, more update :D

Looking forward to what you gonna do (as far as what the heck is his place in the story) with the rival that punched Michael :o
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course Nurse Joy hopes to see you again. Without a Pokemon to fight things off for you, you could get punched to death by a rock.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

But... but why would a Geodude want to punch me in the face? D: They're so calm... and sturdy. And rock-like.

Also Nurse Joy would be out of a job.