New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default D&D 3.5 Firearms

I was contemplating running a steam punk game with technology roughly on par with what was available during the American Civil war.

What do you guys think of these rules?

They're not mine but I was thinking about using them. The first thing that I thought was a little off was the prices, what if anything do you think would be more reasonable? Is there anything that should be changed or that looks out of place?

I though about creating a few custom classes but I think it might be simpler to retool existing classes a bit. Instead I'd consider firearms to be simple weapons for the purposes of weapon proficiency and including the fire arm related feats from d20 Modern.The gun related feats would be included in the fighter's list of bonus feats, allowing rogues to use guns for sneak sneak attacks that sort of thing.

What do you guys think? Are there any feats that you would want to see in this type of game that aren't included in the d20 Modern srd?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Firearms

I posted a guide to WOTC's offical firearms they've released here. If you have any questions I may not have fully answered, feel free to ask.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks I'll take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I'd just use crossbows with the crits changed to 20/x3.