New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default [3.5] Psi-Forged Build help

Hi playgrounders, a friend of mine is going to dust off his DM hat and run an Ebberon game. I wanted to try my hand at Psionics, and thought that running a Psi-forged would be a good way to go with it's over-all resillience. Now I've heard good things about the Erudite, and I mentioned the spell-to-power Erudite found here as an aside when discussing the pros and cons of the class overall, and he mentioned that there will be RP potential to learn arcane powers as a psionic class character without the need for that feature.

So with that in mind, I realise the Erudite class is very limited, especially since we are starting at 1st level, is there any advice for playing a psionic character? class recommendations? Powers that are must haves? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [3.5] Psi-Forged Build help

I'm mostly good with PrC help and stuff like that.

Sadly, Psi-Forged aren't supplimented well in Eberron. However, I'd HIGHLY suggest aiming for PrCs that give you a lot of bang for your buck. I tend to focus my Psionics help on classes that add either Templates or Pseudo-Templates. However, since you are a Psi-Forged, you are probably better off not stacking templates that may comprimise your Living Construct-y-ness.

Personally, I'd shy away from Erudite because it's kind of a one-trick pony. Ardent however is a BEAST at psionics. It uses Wis as its primary stat, but with some excellent stat choices, you can be a pseudo-cleric. Combo it with some Ur-Priest (criminal feat always helps) and finish with 9 levels of Psychic Theurge for a better combo than an Arcane/Divine combo. The build would look a little like this:

Ardent 10/Ur Priest 1/Psychic Theurge 9

offers a nice 9th/9th manifesting/casting

if you want to drop one level of theurge, pick up a level of Arch Psion (how long I've wanted to suggest Arch Psion...) and pick your fave bonus...

Hope this helps!