New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Hackmaster's Bloodmage

To put it blunt, I want to play a Bloodmage, and I'm thinking of other classes I could Multiclass with it, like Bloodmage Thief, Barbarian Bloodmage, etc. Should I just stay solely as a Bloodmage, or should I multiclass it with something else?

In other words: What would be best?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Hackmaster's Bloodmage

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    To put it blunt, I want to play a Bloodmage, and I'm thinking of other classes I could Multiclass with it, like Bloodmage Thief, Barbarian Bloodmage, etc. Should I just stay solely as a Bloodmage, or should I multiclass it with something else?

I suggest multiclassing out after a few levels. The capstone is kinda crappy. Once you can free metamagic and potion from your blood, multiclass into Binder, then into Rogue.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian View Post
    I suggest multiclassing out after a few levels. The capstone is kinda crappy. Once you can free metamagic and potion from your blood, multiclass into Binder, then into Rogue.
    HACKMASTER, not D&D
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    HACKMASTER, not D&D
    +1 lol

Umm, not familiar enough with it... Just go with what you think is coolest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

As a human, can't you just dual class to every single class for two levels and then take your "real" class last?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    As a human, can't you just dual class to every single class for two levels and then take your "real" class last?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoOKami

First, I recommend single classing. It is least complicated and keeps you from having to split EP's with another class. Means you'll get more powerful spells quicker and be more able to stay alive, which is important.

If, however, you're set on multi-classing, remember that there are erratta and that the Barbarian/Bloodmage combo is now verboten IIRC. After all, it only makes sense considering the Barbarian's aversion to magic at all levels, violently so at early levels.

Best bet might be a combo Cleric (of appropriate non-good deity) with Bloodmage, or thief/bloodmage.

Again, though, recomend to you to not multi-class.
    It doesn't matter what game you're playing as long as you're having fun.