New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Monk Question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Monk Question

Is my monk/fighter (probably don't want the full details of this build as it is monk-based) allowed to take Snap Kick (Tome of Battle) AND Versatile Unarmed Strike (Player's Handbook 2) that should qualify him for Slashing Fury (also Player's Handbook 2)?

If so, does that mean I get my 8 base unarmed attacks so long as I specify that they are dealing slashing damage and use Greater Flurry (I took enough levels in fighter to get 4 attacks)?

Do I get to fit TWF into this?

Just curious - wanted to see just how many attacks I could get every round without resorting to my Thri-kreen Bloodstorm Blade build. Speaking of which, if I have multiple limbs like that, am I allowed to throw with each one?

Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Monk Question

Yes, you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Levels
    The monk is the only other core class, aside from the barbarian, that has no dead levels. Players always have something to look forward to with the monk, which boasts the most colorful and unique special abilities of all the character classes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arctura42 View Post
    Just curious - wanted to see just how many attacks I could get every round without resorting to my Thri-kreen Bloodstorm Blade build.
    Totemist is also a good base for getting ridonculous amounts of attacks. For example, a Thri-Kreen Totemist's attack routine can look like this:
    Bite/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Slam/Slam/Wing/Wing by 6th level. Astral Vambraces, Girallon Arms and Chaos Roc Span, in case you were wondering.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2010-08-01 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Totemist is also a good base for getting ridonculous amounts of attacks. For example, a Thri-Kreen Totemist's attack routine can look like this:
    Bite/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw/Slam/Slam/Wing/Wing by 6th level. Astral Vambraces, Girallon Arms and Chaos Roc Span, in case you were wondering.
    I am intruiged. 12 attacks at 6th level. Wait, WHAT?! Where can I find Totemist? What are the penalties involved here?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Totemist is from Magic of Incarnum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Levels
    The monk is the only other core class, aside from the barbarian, that has no dead levels. Players always have something to look forward to with the monk, which boasts the most colorful and unique special abilities of all the character classes.