A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wolf Warrior (3.5 PrC) PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    I'd also recommend shifting the first magic fang ability to level 2 and handing it out every two levels after, to a maximum of +5 at lvl 10. Anyone against?
    I second this.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I second this.
    With two votes in favor and none against, I changed it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    War Mastiff: 3 HD CR 2 Medium Animal
    (no picture)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

MM3

Milivorn: CR 11 Huge Magical Beast
    Elite Milivorn: CR 16 Huge Magical Beast

Spoiler
    Show

I wasn't entirely sure about the Milivorn (it's like a hybrid of dog and elephant) but if it (and the advanced version) are included, it may help to fill out the gap between the lower level dogs and the CR 18 Hound of the Hunt.

Maybe the advanced Hell Hound (Nessian Warhound) can be added to provide a CR 9 wolf/dog creature.

That would ensure a fairly smooth graduation with something for nearly every CR.

EDIT: While that Halfling Outrider pic predates the War Mastiff- and would normally represent a riding dog- it does make a good way to represent the War Mastiff as well.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2010-08-06 at 03:26 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    Wolf Pack(Ex): A Wolf Warrior is followed by a group of loyal wolves, dogs, riding dogs, winter wolves, hell hounds, worgs, thrym hounds, deep hounds, wild hunt hounds, bearhounds, blink dogs, yeth hounds, nethersight mastiffs, legendary wolves, canoloths, guulvorgs, climbdogs, shadow mastiffs, hounds of the hunt, elven hounds, cavvekans, death dogs, moon dogs, vorrs, dire wolves, and/or Kezef the Chaos Hound with a total Challenge Rating no more than his cohort level. They will follow him even in his normal form, but communication will be limited. The alignment of Magical Beasts in his pack is the same as his own.
    emphasis mine

IŽd just go for the the name "chaos ound", as Kezef really is a certain representative of chaos hounds - race. Having a particular "boss character" as your follower could slightly mess up the class, as he would only follow a single character and not just any high level representative of Wolf Warriors
    Last edited by DEMON; 2010-08-06 at 05:21 PM.
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

As an always-on ability that you don't need to activate, your magic fang effect should be supernatural, not spell-like.

Add Survival as a class skill. It's appropriate.

Clarify whether you gain the various attributes of a wolf or dire wolf when you change form, such as a) senses, b) racial skill bonuses, c) the trip attack, d) the creature's feats. I recommend that you should gain all of these, just as with a druid's elemental wild shape.

Also, decide whether you gain the animal type when in your alternate form. Again, I recommend yes, although you should specifically not be a valid target for awaken.
    Last edited by jiriku; 2010-08-06 at 05:38 PM.
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

hamishpence: Added
    DEMON and jiriku: Fixed

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Kezef is technically a unique creature- but the statblock could be used to represent a generic "Chaos Hound"

I like the notion of being able to say "I have an Elder Evil as my cohort- and he's not that good" at epic levels.

As per D20 Munchkin:

"If you have Squidzilla as your familiar- and you get upset because he's a wuss- you might be a munchkin"
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

For the Wolf Shape and Wolf Pack class features, please oh please just make a separate chart for the different animals, because it was annoying to see a chunk of text of it listing those animals, and more annoying seeing it listed twice, so have a spoiler section listing the animals.