New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Swift Hunter+Devoted Tracker?

So i was wondering how useful this build would be?

as i see it, i could fit this in as a Scout 3/Ranger12/Paladin of Freedom 5

while this isnt optimal, i can command my mount to move for me, then i full attack. voila, no more need to have pounce! my full attacks will also have all the benefits of moving at least 10 feet, and i will have the improved bonuses as such.

i could probably fit in the draconic mount feat that gives me a dragonnel, and he would benefit from 12 ranger levels of being an animal companion. while that isnt much, it makes for a much better mount. coupled with a valorous lance and i am in business.

i realize that this is a MAD build, but i think if i start at a higher level, it wont be so bad.

i wont need as high of a DEX or CON, as i will be able to afford better armor and miss chances, and if i have a good CHA the fort and reflex saves will not be effected as much. INT wont be as important, as most of my levels will have good skill points. i will need to focus on a good Str, Cha, and a decent Wis. if i can use Serenity, i wont even need the CHA.

thoughts on this build? any additions you can think of would be helpful. also, are there any better combat styles so i dont have to use either TWF or archery? and is there an ACF that would make my smite evil into a more versatile smite?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Swift Hunter+Devoted Tracker?

I believe you're not allowed to have a mount activate skirmish.

Secondly, rather curbstomping your idea if you mean melee:

If your mount moves more than 5 feet, you can only make a single melee attack. Essentially, you have to wait until the mount gets to your enemy before attacking, so you can’t make a full attack. Even at your mount’s full speed, you don’t take any penalty on melee attacks while mounted.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/spe...#mountedCombat

Now, ranged mounted combat works with a penalty, though.

Although I suppose you could have your /mount/ get pounce or a similar. In retrospect, however, that may not technically work by RAW.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics