New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default 4e Cheap flying vessels

Hi guys,

Looking through MtoP and the Plane Above, we were hoping of purchasing a cheap flying vessel for our now paragon leveled party of five. one of us, the half-elf battle mind, has the Mark of Storm, so the DM is willing to refluff another vehicle as an elemental bound vessel, like a sky coach (despite how goofy and humiliating that would be)

what would the cheapest vessel with a fly speed available, preferably with hover, that can fit at least five people? The maximum the DM has allowed us to purchase is the same price as a level 13 magic item. o_0

Ornithopter? T_T
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.

2. - Top - End - #2

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 4e Cheap flying vessels

Adventurer's vault 2 and 1 has some flying vehicles. Refluff and price as needed.

3. - Top - End - #3

Adventurer's Vault has the Hippogriff at 4,200 gp which seems to be the cheapest flying mount. You have the choice between a regular Hippogriff which has faster overland speed, and the Hippogriff Dreadmount which has better defenses. I would allow refluffing them as normal and armoured autogyros.

Only one, maybe two, riders but for the 17,000 gp price of a level 13 magic item you could afford four of them. Arriving on a flying ship may be cool, but strafing the enemy from a flight of autogyros seems even better

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately vehicles are not in the compendium for some reason. Not going to find much in the range of 17,000 gp though.

Nothing in Dragon at that low of a cost...
    In Plane Above, there is an Astral Clipper at 21,000 GP. That's probably your best bet... I'll keep looking

Edit: Aha, An Astral Skiff is cheap enough (Manual of the Planes)
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2010-08-05 at 11:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

HalflingRangerGuy

We have asked our DM if we could refl;uff teh limitation of the Astral Skiff. instead of only working in the astral sea, it only works with a Lyrandar Dragonmarked Heir on the helm. Otherwise we wil be forced to spend the 21GP for the astral skipper. Am I right the skipper works outside the astral sea?
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

I thought there might be one or two skiff-type vehicles in Eberron Player's Guide.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele