Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Cyber soldier fighting tonight: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars ZEEEEET!

I'm in a Gundamu mood right now, and Shinn and Kamille both entertain me with their antics. Pacific.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cyber soldier fighting tonight: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars ZEEEEET!

That was a gigantic mission. Awesome, but hoo boy was it long.

I like how Orguss has only one attack that's not a missile spam. What I like even more about Orguss is the theme. One of my top 3 from this game.

Poo on you, Asakim! Kickass theme, though. And yay, Toby's back.

I'm abstaining from voting for now. Both routes are cool and I want to see them.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

I look forward to seeing old friends. Gallia!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back, Cubey. Epic mission. Death to Asakim; may his awesome theme and attacks be bestowed upon someone deserving of existence. It is nice to see Toby again.

As for the vote: thank you for explaining the bulk of the mission content; deciding from the series lists alone would be impossible for me. I'll vote that we head to the Pacific, for reasons somewhat similar to Nerdo's.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

This mission is so weird, being a lot of little things happening right after each other. Also Cubey lied. We don't meet everyone but Grendizer and Big O here. A lot of the sidekicks weren't included!

Also who would have thought that Luna ever got to matter much in a mission?

In any case, i'll hold out on voting. On one hand i prefer the series list and the secrets on the Pacific route, especially when you take into account that you get to shoot down Kira on it, but on the other hand i haven't seen the Gallia route at all.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Banned

Big O was not here, indeed. Where are you Roger? Your awesomeness is needed.

At least the mission was Luna's moment of glory. Don't underestimate her pink ZAKU, just because it's pink a zaku pink.

Now that Toby is back, the rest of Setsuko's route will be joy and happiness. No more emotional trauma at all.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2010-09-22 at 09:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

Since the votes are 2 to 1 (or 3 to 1, counting a friend of mine who does not post here but reads this Let's Play, and whom I use as a tiebreaker), unless something changes during the next few hours, we'll go with the Pacific route.

Honestly though, I hoped for more votes than that. Perhaps I overestimated the LP's popularity.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't voting because I didn't care that much. But I'll support Pacific.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Halfling in the Playground

Going to go with Gallia.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, you know what? Let's go with Pacific. It has more new stuff.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311

Pacific, just for the contradiction of bringing conflict.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's go Pacific.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

Alright everyone. Most votes picked Pacific, so we will go with that.

Bright: Glad to have you on board, Glory Stars.
    Toby: Alright, beach time!
    Setsuko: Have fun with the snow, everyone!
    Kei: Damn! I really wish you guys could come along. By the way, what were you two doing in the dark last night?
    Setsuko: Umm... having icecream?

===========

Chapter 16: Crossing Resolves

But wait! Before we depart, let's visit the market. Who know what we will find there?

Astonaige: What an interesting part. I'm struck with inspiration!
    Kid: You mean this giant energy pack?
    Astonaige: Yes, I have a feeling I can use this to upgrade one of our units.
    Kid: Gundam upgrades? Hehe... leave it to me!
    Yoland: Gundam engineer meeting and we're not there? This cannot be! Passing through!
    Vino: Mr Astonaige, did someone mention Gundam upgrades?
    Astonaige: That's the spirit. Help me carry that.
    Yoland: Uwah! That's heavy!
    Vino: Shouldn't we use a forklift?
    Kamille: Why are you hauling this oversized energy pack around, Astonaige?
    Astonaige: Mobile suit upgrades! But I have a feeling something is still missing...

Nothing we can do with this yet - but time will reward the patient. In the meantime, time for more conventional intermission duties.

I have a feeling the Pacific route will have a lot of water. No idea why. I'd better put screw modules on my land units anyway, just to be sure.

Here's how I organized my squads:

I have an almost compulsive need to keep squads within bounds of one series, and I almost managed. Leopard goes with Glory Stars...
    Roybea: Yes! I have my chance now.
    Toby: Hands off my partner, buddy!

While the flying Grankaizer takes his place. My compulsion not to waste flight-capable units is even stronger, you see.

Also, time to upgrade my pilots! Or to be more precise, pilot. Setsuko was in almost every mission, so she has plenty of Pilot Points to spend.

Hit and Away is a good skill for a ranged combatant like her. Like the name suggests, this lets her attack and then move afterwards.

And finally, all squad leader units receive appropriate upgrades.

Accuracy, armor (or mobility), weapons - 2 dots. Energy, as needed. Godsigma does NOT need a lot of extra energy.

As always, if you people prefer if I focus on particular units, or want to see a squad of certain pilots in action (All-Char squad, go! Okay, that's not possible. Yet), let me know.

Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arthur: Captain, we receive a transmission from UN!
    Talia: Put it on the screen, XO.

Lowen: Captain Gladys, greetings. I am terribly sorry if it inconveniences you, but lady Bernal has a proposition for you.
    Talia: Really? What do you suggest?
    Lowen: The Gekkostate is in your local area, and they are being chased by Federation forces. With only a slight detour, you can meet them. If you save them from the chase, you might be able to convince them to join our alliance!
    Talia: Sidetracking to save our friends from an annonymous foe... is this a filler episode?
    Lowen: Possibly, yes.

At the same time, aboard the Gekko-Go...

Jobs: This storage area was never as clean as it is now. Excellent.

Woz: Right, that's 'cause we got an awesome janitor now. Great job, Renton.
    Renton: Somehow, this looks less awesome than I thought it'd be...

CRASH!

Renton: Urgh, I just cleared this place as Holland's punishment! Why did you kids had to drop and break that thing?
    Maurice Maeterlincks: It's not us! It's Mama...
    Renton: Huh? Eureka? Eureka?! Why are you on the ground?
    Eureka: Ren...ton?
    Maurice Maeterlincks: Mama is sick... it's your fault!
    Renton: Mine? Why you... no! No time for this, help me get her to the ward!

Renton: What's wrong with Eureka? Will she be alright?

Mischa: Don't worry, it's just a fever. I know how to deal with Eureka - it should go down in a few hours and she will be alright afterwards.
    Renton: Really? That's a relief! But what causes her fevers? Can we cure it?
    Mischa: As far as I know, it cannot be cured. She will have to live with it for the rest of her life.
    Renton: That's harsh!
    Mischa: What can you do, reality is harsh sometimes...
    Renton: Well... I'll find a way to cure Eureka anyway!
    Talho: You really like Eureka, don't you?
    Renton: Huh? Miss Talho? Why are you here?
    Talho: You're in love with her, aren't you?
    Renton: N... no! It's not that...
    Talho: So, you are in love with her.
    Renton: Urk... please, don't tell anyone! They will laugh me off!
    Talho: Just as I thought. Now, if you don't want me to tell everyone...

Talho: Ta-dah! This is the Gekko-go shop. You will be its clerk from now on.
    Renton: W... what? What kind of heroics is that?!
    Talho: The kind that doesn't let me spread the rumor around. This is better than scrubbing the floors, anyways. Now, to work Renton! Capitalism, ho!
    Renton: This is definitely not what I expected...

Gonzy: Hello. Would you like some tea?
    Renton: Behind me? AAAH! Where did you come from, old man?
    Gonzy: I was always here. Now, the tea will go to waste. Would you like some?
    Renton: Waah... might as well... Drinking tea in a shop? Is this really what being in Gekkostate is all about?

A bit later...

Gidget: We have units detected!
    Holland: Damn! All pilots, scramble! Eureka had to be sick at that moment... is it the Feds?
    Gidget: Umm, I don't think so...

Holland: It's the ZAFT guys...

Bright: No need for your units to launch. We did not come looking for a fight, Gekkostate!
    Holland: Yeah, well I'd rather have some chips on my side of the table, you see.
    Ken-Goh: Gekko is armed and our guns are aimed at you. Do not try anything suspicious.
    Talia: We will not. We only wish for you to cooperate with us. Together we will be stronger and safer than if we were alone, wouldn't you say?
    Holland: I don't think so. Allying with others? That's not my style. I prefer being alone anyway...
    Talho: Being alone is what got us into this mess in the first place, Holland.
    Holland: Shut up! That's beyond the point.
    Renton: It's ZAFT! And AEUG, too! Could it mean... miss Setsuko is there, too?
    Bright: Sigh... something tells me this won't be easy.
    Maurice Maeterlincks Kids from Hell: It's these guys' fault that Mama feels so bad recently! Maybe this button will blow them all up! Wait, don't push it, that was a joke! Oops...

Hap: Talho, missiles detected!
    Talho: What? Are they attacking us?
    Ken-Goh: No, it's ours. It looks like an accidental misfire.
    Talho: Accidental, my ass! They will not interpret it like that, I'm sure!
    Bright: Gekko-go has decided to attack us! Launch the mobile suits!
    Holland: They deployed, huh? Then we'll fight!
    Setsuko: Everything goes pear shaped all the time... oh no! The Nirvash launched, too?
    Renton: Eureka, please don't fight them! You should stay in bed! And they're our friends!
    Eureka: No. They are the enemy now. I will kill them if I have to.
    Holland: Actually, we kinda owe things to each other, so I hoped you guys will avoid their cockpits.
    Eureka: I will kill them if I have to.
    Quattro: Listen up, men. We are not trying to slaughter the Gekkostate, so avoid the LFOs. Just disable their flagship and that should be enough.

That's right. Thanks to Eureka's little "angels" and their "mischief", we are in a friendly fire situation. The winning condition is reducing Gekko-Go to under 10% HP, but NOT destroying it. Destroying any of the LFOs means the chapter fails, too.
    So let's reluctantly fight the Gekkostate. Wait, reluctantly? Most of them are various shades of jerk! This will be a pleasure!

Holland: I'll destroy your battleship if you don't run away now!
    Talia: I don't think so. Talia Slap, go!
    Arthur: Don't you mean anti-air defenses, Captain?
    Talia: Yes, that.

Okay, as fun as fighting the LFOs may be, they are pretty soft so I don't want to accidentally down them. Let's just defend.

Renton: Eureka, I don't want to fight our friends!
    Eureka: They are not friends. For now, they are our enemies and we will have to kill them.
    Renton: Eureka... why?
    Talho: Fire the lasers!
    Garrod: Heh, nice but too slow. My turn now!

It's best to let my fliers stick to the ground for now, because Gekkostate units are just no good against that. Also, mirror flipped Talho looks just weird.

Turn 2. Time to beat some sense into the stubborn Gekko heads.

Talho: Damn, we're in trouble now...
    Renton: Uh oh... I gotta do something before they kill each other.
    Eureka: Renton?

Renton: I'm sorry! It's all my fault! It was my fault the missiles fired! It was an accident!
    Setsuko: Renton?
    Renton: It was only an accident, so don't fight, okay? If you have to blame someone, blame me!
    Bright: It takes bravery to admit to something like that. Very well, we are willing to cease hostilities if you act in the same way.
    Luna: See, I knew it was a misunderstanding all along.
    Eiji: Huh? Why didn't you say anything earlier then?
    Holland: Hrmph... alright. We didn't really want to fight in the first place. Cease fire, people.
    Setsuko: So, everything turns out just fine... what a relief.
    Renton: Hooray! It really worked!
    Holland: But you will pay for this mistake, Renton. You will pay dearly. Prepare for a beating of your lifetime.
    Renton: AAAAAA!

Meyrin: Federation forces detected, Captain!
    Talia: It must be the group that was chasing Gekkostate. Everyone, move in to intercept.
    Bright: We want to cooperate, that means helping each other. Our forces will assist you, Gekkostate.
    Holland: Our carrier's in shambles, so you'd better!

I can control the LFOs now. Hilda and Matthew group up on Holland, and everyone's HP is restored. Unfortunately...

Holland is still under effect of Minerva's machineguns, that is his dodging is terrible at the moment. Or was it accuracy? At any rate, better Focus. I mean the spirit skill, of course.

Matthew: Alright, time to fight the real bad guys!
    Holland: Did you say something? Alright, let's go.
    Toby: Leave the wingmen to us!
    Setsuko: Thank you! Focus... I must hit!

To get the Skill Point in this scenario, I need to destroy all the enemy units in 4 turns. That is not too difficult, the only troublesome part are two Izumo class battleships the Feds brought with themselves.

And there is also this...

Holland: Everyone's ganging up on me, huh? Not bad... I'll have to teach you guys a thing or two... dammit! Terminus 909 is going down!
    Matthew: Don't die on us, Leader! Alright, you're the boss now, Honey.
    Hilda: What, me? Sure, I'll do it. Bring it! Who's gonna be first? ... The battleship?

Holland is arguably the best anti-air combatant in the whole game, so losing him makes things a bit trickier. But hey, I have experience losing units so I'll roll with it. Hilarious outtakes are intakes now!

Sagusa: Mobile suits, detected in tight formation!
    Bright: Disrupt it before they attack. All guns, fire!

Bright remembered about enemies in line formations, and so should you. Destroying at least one unit in such squad renders its TRI attack useless, so that's what I should prioritize on doing. This, and...

Checking the enemy capital ships' range. One of them is a bit far away and I have to lure it closer to my guys if I want to take it out before the turn limit expires. If anyone is in its range, it'll attack rather than moving towards my forces.

Talho: Shake off the laziness, people! Double time now!
    Kamille: I see it... fire!
    Shinn: I'm next, take this!
    Hilda: You heard them, Matthew. Let's go, you lazy bum.
    Matthew: Righto!
    Setsuko: Star 3, we're going diving. I'll attack from under the water!
    Toby: Good thing you didn't forget the Screw Module, partner.
    Roybea: Screw, huh?
    Setsuko: Aaah! Stop whatever you're thinking about!

All is fun and games, but then the enemy strikes back.

Matthew: HONEY! I'll protect you, don't worry!
    Toby: Same here! Toby to the rescue.

Defensive support saves my hide once again.

Eureka: This will not hit me.
    Renton: Urk... a bit more gentle on the sudden turns the next time, I humbly ask you...
    Eureka: They will not stop me, or Holland. Let's go!

And now comes my counter-counter attack!

Quattro: We finally arrived. Apolly, Roberto. We're attacking.
    Shinn: Here I go! Force Impulse, all guns blazing!
    UF pilot: What, beams underwater? And that was just one gun!

Eureka: Let's go, Nirvash. Please.
    Garrod: Target of opportunity! We're going in, guys!
    Witz: Straight for the enemy? Leave it to me!
    Touga: I see the enemy, engaging.
    Garrod: And for the final blow! Take that, evil military people!

Okay, one Izumo-class down. Wait, was the class of the ship called Izumo or was it just the one Jurgens and Dominic were on? Ah, who cares...

As for the other:

Setsuko: Attack from underwater, everyone. I'll cover you!
    Kamille: How could you reduce your life to something like this? Crash!
    Toshiya: Godsigma time! Musouken, TOH!
    Toby: My turn! My skills didn't rust... unlike the underwater Balgora. I'll cut them down!
    Setsuko: Are you sure about this, Toby? Your unit is not suited for water combat... and now we're being attacked!
    Toby: All in the plan. Everyone, follow my lead! Fire all ya got! Gung ho, gung ho, GUNG HO!

Apolly: Glory Stars' underwater location is boiling. You think they're going to be alright?
    Quattro: We will see after it's safe. I'll down the enemy capital ship now.
    Roberto: All by yourself, Captain?
    Quattro: Yes.
    Emma: Last enemy remains. We should finish this up.
    Kamille: Right! I have them in my sights!

Skill Point earned. Is it over?

It's not over yet.

Witz: Woah, the hell is that!
    Torres: Captain, new hostiles detected!
    Setsuko: It's the same aliens that attacked Trinity City!
    Torres: That's not all, there's a transmission from a nearby civilian unit! They're in trouble!
    Bright: What? That's not good!

Murrue "Maria": This is Maria Bernes from Orb's Morgenroete ship builders! We request immediate assistance!
    Shinn: Orb?! Did she say Orb? Damn these guys... we should just leave her!
    Lunamaria: Shinn, calm down, even if it's Orb they're still civilians!
    Shinn: Then let Orb's military protect its people! Or is it too busy killing them with stray Mobile Suit crashes?!
    Kamille: Cool down, Shinn. We don't want to have civilian deaths on our hands!
    Roybea: Uh oh. I don't want to get into your argument, but that civilian ship's got company...
    Shinn: Oh no! Wait, I didn't...
    Quattro: Three squads? I can't reach them all at once!

Suddenly!

Shinn: All three went down?!
    Rey: What an astounding speed!
    Kamille: That looks like a Gundam...

Most Definitely Not Kira Yamato: Sorry that I'm late. I cleared the way, you can retreat now. I'll stay back and take care of remaining hostiles.
    "Maria": Thanks, stranger whom I've never seen in my life before! We'll meet aga... I mean, never.
    Quattro: That Mobile Suit... I recognize the design. From last war's... Three Ship Alliance? No, it can't be!

We're not on a timer anymore, and a mysterious ally came to our help! Good, but we don't really need him. The enemy force constitutes of weak Algae now. It's a piece of cake now.

Or so it may seem. There's still one secret remaining. But more on that in a moment.

Not Kira: You can go home. I can handle these alone.
    Toshiya: We won't stand back when bad guys are attacking! God Sting!

Not Kira: Please stop fighting this instant. Nothing good will come from this! You too, ZAFT. You should go away from Orb.
    Julie: This is not your decision to make, I am afraid.
    Kiraken: He's telling everyone not to fight, but he just keeps attacking these things like there's no tomorrow!

And now, an obligatory "blow everything to smithereens" long battle video.

Setsuko: Everyone, please help me!
    Toby: Gladly. In this company, to depths of hell and back!
    Renton: I want to be in that squad too...
    Eureka: Renton, let's go.
    Renton: Crazy acrobations again?! I need a paper bag...

You may notice that I am moving my capital ships in subtle ways towards the friendly Gundam. Foreshadowing!

Quattro: That is most likely...
    Bright: Yes, I agree. Freedom Gundam. What is it doing here?
    Talia: Unknown unit, please identify yourself.
    Kira? Not him, for sure: I'm sorry but I cannot do that. My identity will have to remain a secret.
    Talia: Even if we will have to consider you a potential enemy?
    Anyone but Kira Yamato: That's unfortunate.
    Shinn: Just seeing that MS makes me rage for some reason! And I don't know why! I almost know why... but I can't recall it!
    Lunamaria: Umm, you think we should tell him, Rey?
    Rey: That would be a very bad idea for now.

Enemy turn! I need Freedom not to move.
    And it didn't. Good.

Hilda: Woah, they're all ganging up on me! Is that how Holland felt earlier? But... these things are different. Easy, easy!

Bright: This is captain Bright Noah of AEUG battleship Argama. Identify yourself and your unit, this is your last chance!
    Not Kira: I am not a member of AEUG, so I do not have to listen to this order. Wait, what are you doing?

Bright: Fire the mega particle cannon!
    Talia: Tannhauser! Oh dear, it seems we accidentally damaged your Freedom Gundam, "stranger". You should retreat for now.
    Kira ???: ...

That was the secret. And because Freedom counted as an ally, I had to use map weapons to shoot it down.

Epic. Trolling.

Now, to finish the remaining forces.
    Setsuko: Gung ho, gung ho, gung ho!

And I can also show Hit and Away in action. See? First hit, then away.
    Okay, I didn't really need to do that.

Don't forget about Holland! His LFO was cheap, but still...

Friendly units shot down: 3

Post mission talk!
    Spoiler
    Show

Renton: Don't worry, kids. Your mama is alright, and I covered for you too. You're safe.
    Maurice Maeterlincks: Umm...
    Renton: Yes?
    Kids: Thanks.
    Talho: Renton!
    Renton: Ah, Talho ma'am! Please don't kill me! I swear, I will do anything to make up for my terrible mistake!

Talho: Relax, Renton. I know it wasn't you. I'm not really angry... Holland, on the other hand. But he's not here. Still, it's true that you failed to keep the children at bay. You were supposed to take care of them when Eureka was sick. So... I'll tell everyone about your crush.
    Renton: Ahh, please don't!
    Talho: Oh, so it's more shop time, then?
    Renton: Yes, ma'am...

Talia: If it wasn't for ZAFT and AEUG, you would not be standing here. We showed that we can be trusted... more than once, in fact.
    Holland: ...
    Arthur: So, please ally with us!
    Holland: I don't really have a choice, do I?

Shinn: Damn! Damn it! I remember now. It was Freedom Gundam, Orb's unit!
    Roberto: Woah. He's angry now...
    Shinn: It was that thing, it was supposed to protect us! Protect, not destroy! And now that guy had the guts to show his ugly mug around here? I bet Kira Yamato was inside too!
    Lunamaria: Shinn...
    Shinn: Screw him! There's no justice in this world! Next time we meet, I'll put a bullet in his head!
    Lunamaria: There he goes... that's bad, isn't it?
    Kamille: He should snap out of it. I know he lost his whole family because of Orb, but it's not that I for example hate Titans with my whole soul or anything like that... oh wait. Nevermind then.

Doggie: Ey, Renton. Don' get down. Y' won't be havin' more than 20 years in a shop like dis, fo' sure.
    Renton: I can barely understand you, but I think that was supposed to console me...
    Toshiya: Hey, it's a pretty cool shop you have here. Who'd expect, something like this on board Gekko-Go?
    Mizuki: Don't forget, we wouldn't be here if you didn't persuade people to stop trying to kill each other.
    Eiji: Only with your words, man. That takes some balls.
    Eina: Yes! Congratulations, mr Renton! Bow... aah! I'm so sorry, it's cramped in here...
    Luna: Ah, Eina tripped over a whole shelf!
    Renton: More work... you people are nice, but what about Gekkostate? I don't think they respect me...
    Setsuko: I'm sure at least Eureka respects you, Renton.

Renton: Ah, miss Setsuko!
    Toby: Hehe, I wonder what kind of feelings linger behind a face like this.

Intermission time! See me adjust parts, upgrades, and so on. The next mission has plot squadrons only. I wonder why...

Next chapter: Your past is traumatic, but do not give up! If yesterday is lost, then live for tomorrow! Also, an unexpected reappearance.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

But it makes me very, very happy.

And hey, the two biggest dillweeds on this mission got shot down! So what if they were both technically on your side.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

*insert awfully-sounding crying here*

Oh yeah, this is one of the reasons I voted for Pacific! Where's your plot armor now, huh?

Admit it Cubey, Holland getting shot down didn't become an outtake only because he's a jerk and deserved it. Eureka's Satan's children getting away scot-free makes me rage, though. And seriously Eureka, what's up with this attitude?

I assume Renton will be stuck with the shop until he makes 820.000 credits.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-09-25 at 04:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Banned

Don't worry, the demon children will pay for this eventually.

Who am I kidding? Of course they won't. This is Eureka Seven. Karmic balance is absolutely broken in that series.

But hey, the chapter starts and ends with an "accidental" misfire, so it's all good. It's a book end. I like that.

On a different subject, I kinda warmed up to Kira's "meteor" theme. As in, I don't mind it rather than hating it like before. But I still prefer Ignited as far as Destiny music goes. In general, Z's selection of themes from that series is rather weak. I much prefer the SRW K selection.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2010-09-25 at 05:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's because vestige is much worse.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    vestige sounds better in the actual series. At least in my opinion.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

...Renton only became acceptable to the kids because he's willing to be their patsy? And before that, they were willing to kill him for causing an issue that existed before he came on board? Those psychotic little creatures are going to wind up becoming serial killers down the line...

On the upside, shooting through Jesus Yamato's Gundam is quite glorious.

As for upgrades: pump up White Base a bit, please. Also, Gavane's Zaku-alike, when you get him back.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-09-25 at 08:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

The kids will grow up to be murderers? Of course! What else did you expect of someone raised in the Gekkostate?

Sure, I can invest some spare cash into Argama. As for Gavane... well, the Borjarnon kinda sucks so I'm reluctant. Fortunately, Gavane isn't stuck to its seat so I'll just give him a better unit when one becomes available. That okay with you?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    The kids will grow up to be murderers? Of course! What else did you expect of someone raised in the Gekkostate?

Sure, I can invest some spare cash into Argama. As for Gavane... well, the Borjarnon kinda sucks so I'm reluctant. Fortunately, Gavane isn't stuck to its seat so I'll just give him a better unit when one becomes available. That okay with you?
    Sure, works for me.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Banned

Funny thing, Turn A and UC Gundams count as one continuity in this game. Which means you can interchange pilots between both series' units as you wish. In my first playthrough, Gavane ended up pilotting
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

I must ask...when will you stop milking the screw module joke? Mission 21?

And once again the question of what those Gekkostate people have done to be main characters is raised. I mean seriously, why would anybody want to work with those *******s?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Milking, me? Why, never. But the real answer is: when it stops being funny. For example, take Shinn. He has that thing and last mission, he sure was screwed!

Okay. I think it just stopped being funny. Please don't hit me.

And come on, not all Eureka Seven characters are unsympathetic. Only the important ones who get to live.

Finally, bad news folks. I'm in a mini hiatus for now. Expect the next update to come in a week or so. Probably less.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

I find it amusing how you nearly shot down half your own units just to annoy Kira. Seems like a Zapf Brannigan strategy.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

If by half of my units you mean Gekko-go, then yes. That is correct. Because seriously, who gives a damn about Gekko-go? It can go burn.

Oh, there was also Argama but Bright is A MAN (Punch!). He can take it.

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    If by half of my units you mean Gekko-go, then yes. That is correct. Because seriously, who gives a damn about Gekko-go? It can go burn.
    I'm halfway trough reading Eureka 7 and I'm strongly inclined to agree with this, except for the main character.

However, I must remind you that should the Gekko-go crash and burn, aparently killing all the passengers, then it would provide an ideal situation for the hell kids to come back later as major villains with hax powers. So better to keep them near you than risking a chance of seting them free.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, put all your efforts into brainwashing saving one kid, then send them after the others.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-09-29 at 06:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    I'm halfway trough reading Eureka 7 and I'm strongly inclined to agree with this, except for the main character.
    Renton was with Eureka in Nirvash at the moment, so...

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Nah, put all your efforts into brainwashing saving one kid, then send them after the others.
    I doubt that would be enough. As saving experiment 539, codename "Latooni", showed, one kid won't get the job done when confronted with it's siblings. Two it's the minimum, so then they beat up Kyosuke-Slap* the others one by one.

*Derivative work from the patented BRIGHT slap, aimed at breaking enemy brainwashes, instead of turning emos into real men.