New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Medieval Europe... INSPACE

Picture if you will the Orion Spur has been fully populated, and extra-solar empires, such as the Holy Regency of Earth, or the Persusian Franksmen, span into other arms of the Galaxy. To the Galactic North (core-wards) there lie the Saeshian and Insamnlica Aliens, to the Galactic East (counter-clockwise) lie the Fraknan Aliens. The Human Papacy, suffering from a splitting of Anti-Pope and "Real-Pope" has foremost dominance over the majority of human nations, though the Herrodox Church, and their "alien befriending ways" lie in the far reaches of the North.
    A Conference of nation heads has been called in the Holy Regency of Earth, a gathering unlike any before, has been called. The subject? The strange rumours of an as yet unknown force attacking border worlds. To further bring necessity to the meeting, a delegation of Saeshian and Insamnlica pleading for help. As the flood of refugees starts to trickle, then flood, in. While the Holy Regent may wish for the talks to go smoothly, everyone else seems intent to make this into a typical aristocratic party, with their wheeling and dealing, politicking, and noble depravities.
    The Players will play "Facilitators", a term used in polite society for an illegal trade known as Fixing. Fixers make things happen, they have contacts in the underworld, technology form all edges of the galaxy, and a ruthless approach to business. In a world wheeling in Intrigue, backstabbing, and eavesdropping, they do what they have to to get the job done, and earn their pay.

So basically it's Medieval Europe IN SPACE. 12th century to be exact, right before the mongol invasion, or in this case, some unknown aliens or something (not gonna say yet). The only thing i don't have is a good name. Any suggestion are welcome, because all i have right now is the thread title. Thanks in advance.
    You wanna come and knock me off? Maggots!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Medieval Europe... INSPACE

basically Characters are high-tech rogues in a knights and religion setting with aliens invading? AWESOME!!!
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

he is talking about a human empire in space with religion and knights etc, lots of double-dealing nobles and crime-lords, the PCs are normal people who supply drugs, messages, "Messages" and generally kick-ass. there is also an alien invasion that JUST started with the aliens being based on vikings. the link you posted is about a book where an alien ship lands in medieval Europe. see the difference?
    call me Dragon

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I've not only read the wikipedia link, I've got a first edition copy of the book. Once on that rocket, they proceed to conquer the entire Wersgor Empire and rule it using a medieval feudalism government system, complete with granting fiefdoms to various other subject races. Eventually in the second half of the book, they get the whole political infighting and corruption between noble houses going too, which is how they lost the coordinates to Earth, which acquires a status roughly equivalent to Arthurian quests to find the holy grail.

I wouldn't review and reject a book down based on a review. That's turning things into third-hand knowledge.
    Last edited by Ashtagon; 2010-08-10 at 03:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Sounds a little like the Deathstalker books by Simon R. Green.

Or maybe Warhammer 40K.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2010-08-10 at 03:54 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

im not dissing the book simply saying it isn't like the RPG Dwight is making.
    call me Dragon

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Well in my defense, I had never even heard of this game, but I wish I had so I could have taken some pointers. This game seems more like "The Crusades... IN SPACE" than what I'm going for. While the setting would make room for crusades as desired, they would be focused on the system around Polaris (the North Star). Humanity has really only fought wars against itself by this point, to underlie how dangerous the new aliens threat is. "It is easy to become proficient at fighting the enemy you know, but you will always become complacent over the one you don't." I think that was said by a 12th century priest (citation needed).

But none of this gets me a better name, haha.
    You wanna come and knock me off? Maggots!