New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default 4e Psionic Power

In the Vein of the Dark Sun thread, I am putting this up for people to ask questions about Psionic Power. I have the book sitting here in front of me, waiting for your burning questions

One of the not mentioned features in the book is the Elan Bloodline - which lets anyone become an Elan. Similarly, there is a Foulborn which is kind of a "Half-Daelkyr-lite", or sort of like a character in 3.5 taking some aberrant feats.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 4e Psionic Power

Did anyone get a melee basic attack power?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Since it's generally considered the weakest of the psionics, how did the battlemind make out?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

In your opinion, which class and race are (individually) the most unlike anything in the core rulebooks?
    Also, is the book overall a good value? I'm a DM, but I plan on running a world with lots of psionics. Would you say the book was worth buying for me?

my empire of doom begins NOW!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How would that flying cat work? Would you tape buttered toast to its feet buttered side-to-foot? Because cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands buttered side-down."

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."--Adolf Hitler
    "Summon iPod" or "Summon DM's Best Friend" avatar by me, of me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Since it's generally considered the weakest of the psionics, how did the battlemind make out?
    The new Battlemind build focuses on movement, and teleporting adjacent to marked enemies. I haven't taken a good look at it, but it does seem a bit better, due to its focus on attacking outside what would normally be in your reach. The paragon paths looked decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Faleldir View Post
    Did anyone get a melee basic attack power?
    I did not see any, but its possible I missed one.

Quote Originally Posted by iDM View Post
    In your opinion, which class and race are (individually) the most unlike anything in the core rulebooks?
    Also, is the book overall a good value? I'm a DM, but I plan on running a world with lots of psionics. Would you say the book was worth buying for me?
    I'm not sure how to answer the first part. I found foulborn and monk to be quite different then any other classes / races though.

I'd say its full of good value for you, but be sure to have PHB3 - you'll need the classes before you can benefit from Psionic Power.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    One of the not mentioned features in the book is the Elan Bloodline - which lets anyone become an Elan.
    And, funnily enough, you can retrain this feat.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Its only on page five so I hope it doesn't count as necromancy:

Are there any feats or features that help BM stickiness, to the level of a fighter's pinning challenge or a son of mercy's class features?
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.