Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default [NEXUS] The Cat's Guild

The Premise:
    This is a New Faction within the Nexus/Acro Universe. The Cat's Guild is a secret network, aligned Chaotic Good. This does not mean only Chaotic Good members may exist, but the organization's ideals are.

The Cat's Guild Works under the following premises:

1. The Cat's Guild recognizes no form of government. It will work as it sees fit.
    2. The Cat's Guild works to protect the poor and the weak by any means necessary.
    3. The Cat's Guild is not a revolutionary front and does not work to confront any form of government except when the Second Premise is compromised.
    4. The Cat's Guild demands loyalty from its members, but it does not force them to sever ties with any other association. As long as the premises are respected.
    5. The Cat's Guild is headed by the Five Seats.

The Rules (READ BEFORE JOINING OR POSTING IN THIS THREAD):
    Spoiler
    Show

This group requires secrecy. Because of the nature of the group, special measures must be taken to ensure that its secrets won't be spilled out IC. Therefore, the following will occur.

First, the base is hidden by a spell not unlike the Fidelius Charm. The base will be hidden and cannot be found by any outsider, even if said outsider was standing out the door. The only way new members may find the base is by being told of its location by the Secret-Keeper. Haruki-kun is the Secret-Keeper. No other member can even speak the location. This also applies to reverse psychology scenarios such as "If you can't say 'The Cat's Guild is in X location, that means that's where it is!". The Charm cannot be broken. Violating the rules of the Charm constitutes godmodding.

Second, when members are enlisted, they are put under an unbreakable charm that prevents them from revealing any other members. This also applies to the aforementioned reverse psychology scenarios. Again, any character who does not follow the charm is godmodding.

How to join:

I have an existent character who I want to join the Guild with.
    Let any of the Seats know. We will arrange a meeting, have the character enlisted, and reveal the location of the base. Basically, we'll go through the joining process. If you want to, we can skip the meeting, but your character will be put under the same charm to prevent information from being revealed. The scene will simply be omitted.

I want to create a new character for this.
    Just jump in. Sending us a PM would be nice as a heads up, but not necessary. If they don't have any sort of history in Acro, then we can just introduce them as new members. Remember: new members are also under the Charms.

So who are the Five Seats?
    There are Five Seats. However, only two of them are known. To make this more interesting, we are keeping the others a secret, both OOC and IC. As a matter of fact, the other three don't even know who each other is!

The Five Seats

The Cat's Eyes: Haruki the Archangel, played by Haruki-kun.
    The Cat's Tongue: CT, played by Lady Tialait.
    The Cat's Claws: ???????
    The Cat's Ears: ???????
    The Cat's Fangs: ???????

The Base:
    The base has a common room, sleeping areas with lots of free beds, and a meeting area.

In the Common room, on the wall is a large board with several maps, newspaper clippings, and notes about events to look into. People can put up any rumors or news they hear for other members to catch up.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2010-09-21 at 11:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: [NEXUS] The Cat's Guild

CT walks into the base and giggles.

"Well, evil didn't work out that well. So, time for super secrete spy business. What is the first mission? Does it have to do with fish guts?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

3. - Top - End - #3

An NPC heads up to CT.

"No, my Lady. I'm afraid no missions have yet been added to the board. Although there were reports of some sort of commotion occurring in a tavern somewhere. We do not believe Civilians were in any way endangered."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT quirks her brow and opens her mouth holding up a finger. She then scratches her forehead and shrugs.

"Oh yeah, not evil now. It will take time to restore the chaos. Do we have any banana pudding? I would really like some."
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-08-14 at 11:45 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

5. - Top - End - #5

"I.... do believe the Archangel left some behind in the fridge, m'lady..."

The Orange-speaking NPC is looking somewhat confused.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT walks to the kitchen with the NPC in tow. She giggles and skips as she takes out the pudding only to find, slightly horrified that it is not in fact banana but fo-nana pudding. The horrified child recoils back dropping the fo-nana pudding. The slow motion kicks in as it falls to the floor shattering. The screeching music plays as both CT and the confused NPC look upon the pudding, with passion in their eyes. The pudding splatters on the floor, smugly.

"Wait a second."

CT reaches down and takes a fingerfull of the pudding and teases it swishing it around in her mouth.

"It's not fo-nana, it's real. Never mind."

CT skips off leaving the pudding to be cleaned up by a NPC janitor. CT turns to the Orange speaking NPC who I shall name George.

"So, what about this tavern?"
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-08-14 at 11:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Well, something about a tentacle monst-" the NPC suddenly realizes he is speaking to a child.

"....nothing. Nothing at all. Oh!"

He walks to the table and picks up a sheet of paper. "The Cat's Eyes did leave a message, though. 'Went out recruiting, BRB.' That's all it says."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT rolled her eyes.

"Soo, Harry. So very him. That angel is always recruiting. It doesn't say where does it? I could ask my momself to help recruit. But she is more a CN kinda girl, and is in love with blah blah blah romantic drama."

The little girl giggled.

"Oh well, um..who's leg to I have to hump to get a milk shake around here?"

9. - Top - End - #9

Inside the NPC's mind:

"THIS is my superior?"

Outside it:

"Uh... if it were my Lady's desire, I could make one for you."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT smiles at George.

"Sounds good. I'll wait here."

CT freezes in place, and doesn't seem to be breathing. This wouldn't be so odd if at the moment of saying 'here' she wasn't standing on one foot and giving a cheesy grin.

11. - Top - End - #11

We're not acually gonna go through every excrutiating detail of how the shake was made. Let's just say a few minutes later, the NPC gives her a shake. Hopefully, she's still alive.

*sigh* "I wonder how that recruiting is doing."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT squeals and takes the shake. Drinking it. She then takes a seat at a table, pawns it at the fence, and then sits down on a pillow on the floor.

"Who knows. The Archangel does pretty good recruiting. But, really..you know what we need? A plot. Something quick and easy. I know!"

CT goes back to the fence, gets caught in traffic, finally arrives with something she has bought but was about a buck short so had to go steal something at a nearby golden arches to buy. She sits back down on her pillow and smiles.

"Alright, this is called a 'Plot Device' and it's totally not stolen."

CT opens the box and pushes a button therein. A small child steps out of the box and kneels in front of CT.

"I love you!"

CT gasps and takes the child's hand, it then looks at her strangly.

"I love cannot be! I am your evil twin from another reality!..AND THE FUTURE!" DUH DUH DUUUUH!

CT then facepalms, as i'm sure anyone reading this would.

"Great, I got a soap-plot-device. I hate those."

13. - Top - End - #13

"We....should probably wait for more people to arrive. We're expecting a few, so it shouldn't take long."

((Deadtime'd.))

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT dings.

"I had a great idea! I'll be back!"

CT leaves through the front door, she has a BRILLIANT idea.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fin opens the front door and looks around inside.

Hello? I was just recruited... Fin says, looking around the guild.

Before noticing all of the materials for a shake in the kitchen.

Sweet!

He starts running, vaulting over the kitchen counter, and spinning a cup in his hand before he starts to mix the ingredients together.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

The NPC looks at Fin. "Oh, hello! Welcome! Are you new here?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT walks around the Guild Hall and licks all the walls. CT sees Fin and skips over to him giggling.

"Hiya! I am child Tialait, you can call me CT!"

The little girl licks Fin.

"I'm the cat's tongue, so my job is to make sure the cat knows what everything tastes like. I talk to the cat, and the cat asks me what it tastes like. If I don't know, I phail."

18. - Top - End - #18

The door opens. Stranger walks in, followed by Tyril. As soon as they're both inside, he closes the door and takes the cloak off.

His long silver hair flows behind his back. As soon as the cloak is off, his wings reappear. Finally, he takes off the Chef's hat, which had been hiding the Halo.

"Ah... Much better. I hate having to hide like that."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT runs at the Archangel. She jumps in the air, aaand vicegrip hug!

"Harurki! Your at the base!!"

She giggles as she sides down Harurki's body and smiles from the floor.

"News from the underground?"

20. - Top - End - #20

"'Fraid not. Not many, anyway. Everyone's still doing the same old thing. Luckily. I did bring us a new friend, though."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"We need to shake it up. I mean, I join the Cat's Guild to be a goody goody...I did it for 'special missions' and such. Or, ya'know the milkshakes."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    The NPC looks at Fin. "Oh, hello! Welcome! Are you new here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    CT walks around the Guild Hall and licks all the walls. CT sees Fin and skips over to him giggling.

"Hiya! I am child Tialait, you can call me CT!"

The little girl licks Fin.

"I'm the cat's tongue, so my job is to make sure the cat knows what everything tastes like. I talk to the cat, and the cat asks me what it tastes like. If I don't know, I phail."
    Fin is licked. He looks down at where he was licked with confusion, before CT explains it.

Hello Child Tialat! Hello Terry! (I hope you don't mind me calling you Terry, I don't actually know your name). Hello angel! I assume your name is Haruki. I am indeed new. He says, drinking some of his shake.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

The newcomer stands a bit behind Haruki, inspecting the surrounding area with a straight face, betraying no emotions whatsoever.

"So this is the place then? Perhaps introductions are in order." The armored woman says as she fingers her spear.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT waves her wand of all nature and a spark of green energy falls to the ground. A plant platform grows under her feet bringing her to eye level with the newcomer. A stern look in her eyes as she spoke to the newcomer.

"Welcome to the Sacred organization of the Cat's Guild. I speak for the Cat. I am her tongue. The Archangel who showed you this place is the Cat's Eyes. There are three others making five. This is our guild."

CT giggles as her expression turns to that of a little girl.

"And this is my new freind Mr. Fluffy!"

She jumps off the plant and lands on Fin wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"He tastes like loyalty!"

25. - Top - End - #25

"I am Haruki," he says, tilting his head forward, "Archangel of the Blue Moon, son of Selene. Assigned to the Nexus as one of the Celestial Realm's field agents. And I am one of the five leaders of the Cat's Guild. A pleasure."

"And this,"
    he adds, gesturing around the area, "is the Cat's Guild's base. The Cat's Den if you will. As long as you remain loyal to the Guild, you may use them at will."

26. - Top - End - #26

((Sorry for slow reply...))

She eyes CT and Haruki, her eyes hinting of surprise, despite that her expression remains neutral.

"I am honored to be in the presence of an archangel and... you as well speaker of the Cat." She makes a bow of respect. "And I thank you for this welcome, I am Tyril Rotherstone, a servant of the burning light, at your service."

She pauses a bit to let that skin in, "First of all, before you ask me anything, is there anything I should know about the guild now that I am here?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

CT grins mischievously.

"That. Is a secret."

28. - Top - End - #28

Tyril blinks, not used to this kind of talk "Okay... so what can you tell me about the guild then?"

29. - Top - End - #29

"Well, if you are within the prescence of any activities that may concern the guild, buy all means, let us know. By this I mean oppressive, abusive, or downright Evil.

What do you wish to know?"
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2010-08-17 at 04:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

"I can assure you, as a servant of the burning light, I won't stand idly by seeing injustice or cruelty take place." She /really/ means that part as her eyes seems to burn as she says it.

Tyril then takes a deep breath, claiming down a bit, "As a member, what am I entitled to?"