New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Masters Crew OOC

This is the main OOC thread. Any out of character private questions hit me up by PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Masters Crew OOC

I'm gonna go ahead and grab Blue for speech.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stake your claim bro

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

{table=head]Player|Char
    Sliver|John Reeds
    Griffith!|Lei Shen
    Lionheart|Saul Hume
    Sir_Gabes|Grim
    savior indra|Kale Arcturus[/table]

So... When are we starting?

BTW, do you mind if players follow others' threads? Keeping it all OOC of course...

I'm only asking because I already found and subscribed to the rest of the threads...
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-08-02 at 03:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    So... When are we starting?
    We are in waiting for one last background and then we are pony boy golden But I am about to travel from Afghanistan to US and won't be in the states till the 22nd so it will have to wait till then

BTW, do you mind if players follow others' threads? Keeping it all OOC of course...
    No I don't mind, this is an OOC thread for the crew. Whatever you guys are up for talking about go for it. Consider this the table talk section. I'll keep the recruiting thread just in case we manage to pick up another but these threads are our main arena from the games start.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I mean if you mind me following other IC threads (That are not mine)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I mean if you mind me following other IC threads (That are not mine)
    Same response as before with the addition of ask that character. If there is any content that we need to "keep secret" it'll be PM'ed so as long as the character is fine with it I don't believe that would have a major impact on the story.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm gonna reserve Dark Orchid. 'Cuz I like it, and the name is thematically appropriate.

9. - Top - End - #9

PaladinGuy

Hmmm, I guess I'll go with Dark red
    Seems appropriate somehow...
    WINNER! Villainous Competition XXXII: Selene, Bride of Ruin
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

So... While we are waiting for the start, wanna share backstories?

Here is mine!

Jonathan Reeds

Spoiler
    Show
    Ever since John was a kid, he was taught that everything in the world happened for a reason. Those who do right, end at the right place. John admired the sacrifice and virtue of those who served the public, his dream was to become a police officer.

His parents were really proud of him when he managed to follow upon that dream. He was proud of himself. His abilities attracted a lot of cases that required some undercover work, and he excelled at those...

Until they caught up to him.

When the mob took John's parents hostages, he was cornered. Turning to his faith, he began to question his next move.

Should he go to his allies in the police and risk his parents' life, or submit to the mob's desire and work for them?

Then he realized, it's not a lose-lose situation. He can still win. He came to the mobsters with a counter offer. He'll work for them, long term. They kept his parents for a bit, until they had enough dirt on John to practically own him, but then they released them, everything was fine.

The police never new of that encounter, and his parents were sure he scared the mob into releasing them, never reported a thing. Why should they? He said he'd take care of the paperwork. Their brilliant kind son wouldn't lie...

John continued his "undercover" work for the police, feeding them meaningless information, sometimes giving them a lead that took out rival gangs or dead weight within the mob. They didn't even realize that they were helping the mob while promoting John, which only helped disguise his increased credit.

But it's not like John only did bad! No sir. With John's information of mob activity, he was able to steer the police clear of any hot zones. Yes, that was God's plan all along! John helped protect cop lives and was rewarded with money earned by the mob, which meant that they had less money to spend on other operations, which meant even more good done by his actions!

Everybody wins, especially John. Yes, he had it good.

11. - Top - End - #11

PaladinGuy

I guess there's no harm in it, we're all on the same side after all :P

Spoiler
    Show
    He was always a bright lad, maybe not the most intelligent, far from the most athletic, but he always had a quick tongue.

His school years were a breeze, he worked just as hard as he needed to to achieve good grades, and would sell tuition, answers to homework and pilfered exam papers to whoever could afford his steep prices.

And everyday, he went home and waited for his deadbeat father to return from his 60 hour a week factory job. He was sick of being poor, sick of having so many people to answer to.

He got into law school with a scholarship, the rest of the money he acquired from blackmailing a teacher who had had an affair with one of his students. He didn't particularly care for the career, but the money was good, and that's all that mattered.

After passing the bar exam, Saul immediately hunted around for the highest paying clients, and joined the partnership Mill & Hobbes, a law firm that dealt almost entirely with defending mobsters.

Saul learned a few tricks from his new partners, he augmented his already impressive lawyering skills with blackmail, intimidation of the jury and straight up perjury. He also made friends with a couple of the mobsters, who taught him the basics of 'street fighting' so he could defend himself if anything 'went down'

Saul was still not content with his lot, he took on one of the mobsters, Bruce, a great neanderthal of a man, as an 'intern', really he was a bodyguard. He embezzled money from his law firm, and framed the senior partners, putting him firmly in control.

Now he's free to do whatever he wants, he has informants in the mayor's office, in the police and in the press, all firmly in his pocket. Anything he can't obtain legally, he has the cash, the muscle and the legal know-how to worm his way out of any trouble that might arise. As far as Mr. Hume is concerned, he's untouchable.
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I've been looking through the other sheets and have a couple of questions.

Griffith!: Don't you need to choose a specific language and allies? Also, I understand specialty can be whatever, but the options don't seem to suggest a specific area is an option for streetwise,
    Specialties: Black Market, Gangs, Rumors, Undercover Operations
    And... That's it.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Masters Crew OOC

Hey guys, back from the desert. I will be starting the game off tonight. Hope you guys are in good health and look forward to playing with you guys.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys, first post is up. Everyone is in the car and I want you to all consider what you would be doing to prep for this deal.

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

Just to clarify, is the Bruce in the car with us my retainer?
    Might sound like a stupid question, I just want to be sure...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Just to clarify, is the Bruce in the car with us my retainer?
    Might sound like a stupid question, I just want to be sure...
    Not a stupid question at all. Yes. You all and your immediate retainers are in the car and the car is in a caravan with other cars going to the deal

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

But Bruce isn't his retainer, right?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

But Bruce isn't his retainer, right?
    No, Bruce is an NPC. Your employer/ boss at this moment. If there is a mix of names I am very sorry but it won't last for long

Edit: Right now we are holding off until I get a reply from G. He plays an important role in your protection so I want to make sure he has a chance to get in the action.
    Last edited by FistsFullofDice; 2012-07-23 at 11:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys while we wait I am going to do flash backs in your personal threads. Hey LH, as I told Sliver before if you can find the individual threads you can follow the other stories that are not yours. Give me a few minutes and I'll have a post up

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

I stake green. Can you put an asterisk next to character's names we need to roll anger frenzy for? Would make things easy.
    Amazing profile picture drawn by my wife.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Grim is green!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

I will wait till my character gets the OK before I post in IC.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Gabes View Post
    I stake green. Can you put an asterisk next to character's names we need to roll anger frenzy for? Would make things easy.
    Asterisk sounds great, I'll probably just put it in a spoil though as it may distract from the story.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/19614?message=true

As a child, Grim was one sick puppy. He was the sort of kid who would torture insects and other animals. His dad was a chronic alcoholic and abusive to both him and his mother. Grim grew up strong and dangerous though. One day he snapped and killed his father mercilessly. As luck would have it he got away surprisingly. He was truly changed that day.

With his new found blood lust he began working as a hitman when he was around 22. He became extremely capable at destroying evidence and was extremely good at "personal" kills. The kinda kills you do to send a message. Eventually he made quite a name for himself and worked in many other criminal jobs. Interrogation and torture became another part of his job. Occasionally he would do bodyguard and hired goon work on slow weeks. But, his true passion remained.

Grim is 25. As a mortal he is completely hairless. He waxes regularly and uses a straight razor to cut any forgotten hairs. He has a square jaw and dresses in loose fitting clothes to help with weapon concealment. He has severe scars on his fingers and hands. Possibly self inflicted to destroy his fingerprints. His nose is bent out of shape slightly. He is caucasian.

This is my character for VtR. Please, don't hesitate to let me know if there is a problem. I know we're starting out mortal. I can ignore the vampire parts of my character.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

So can I join?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Yes! We had a secret vote and you were approved.

{table=head]Player|Char
    Sliver|John Reeds
    Griffith!|Lei Shen
    Lionheart|Saul Hume
    Sir_Gabes|Grim
    Savior Indra|Kale Arcturus[/table]

So yeah, post up! I'm sure you'll have your personal IC thread soon enough too...
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-08-04 at 11:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Yay!!! Happy days!

Added thing to my character. He is from the UK and speaks with a cockney accent.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

The guy sitting next to Grim is probably another hired goon or just a guy in on the deal. Not really special or important to the story unless the ST feels that way. Could even just kill him off at some point.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lol, I'm glad to see that everyone is getting along so we'll lthis is Sir_Gabes and he will be filling in so we can roll on through. I am posting in personal threads and gabes I have a pm coming your way in just a min.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    I am posting in personal threads and gabes I have a pm coming your way in just a min.
    It's Sir Gabes for you. Dude, learn your place!