New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

Maharal

"Leave the poor girl alone, Rynthel. She doesn't seem interested in your 'comfort'."
    Maharal's lip quirks into a smile at Rynthel's reaction. "You must excuse him. He tries that line on every pretty girl we come across.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll I guess, or we can just move on. :|
    (1d20+4)[12]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"I most certainly do not. I'm merely trying to comfort someone who is quite obviously upset. Well, obvious to anyone who isn't oblivious, anyway. She's clearly had a difficult time lately, and I'm merely trying to lend a sympathetic ear, though I'm certain that my appearance is off-putting. Most people simply don't trust my kind."

Bluff: (1d20+10)[14]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

KT stands and moves to the woman, "I.. apologize on behalf of my allies, Miss. Perhaps a change of subject would be best. I was wishing to discuss with you more about this of my kind and the wizard with him. What do you remember about them? Where were they going?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

I get this sort of thing all the time, but I prefer not to. She says, glaring slightly at the other twoI'm afraid I can't say much on this, Eledseri says, The wizard didn't say much, didn't give his name and went north about a year ago. I'm sorry if you've planned to find him, but I cannot tell you any more than that. She looks around at the group in general. Is there anything else that I can get you before retiring for the night?

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"Forgive me, dear lady. I've had quite a bit to drink today, which seems to have quite thrown my manners for a loop. I have no doubt come across as being too forward. I meant no insult and certainly don't wish to impugn your honor. I merely thought that you seemed upset and could perhaps use a friendly ear. The offer still stands, though I can of course understand if you're not ready to talk about it, or don't wish to speak of your worries to a drow."

Diplomacy: (1d20+15)[17]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

She frowns at Rynthiel. I think that drink addled your wits more than you realise, sir.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arthur

"Thank you again, Ms Eledseri. I apologise for my friend's behaviour. But in all sincerity, if you can glean any more information about the recent trouble, we may be able to make it worth your while."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy-(d20+9)[15]

The roller obviously doesn't want us to know.
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2010-08-30 at 01:12 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, I think you might want to take care of your friend, she says, frowning at the Drow and then crossing to the otherside of the room to pull the shutters closed on the windows.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"How fortunate that I have a glass in hand," Aki mutters under his breath. "I'll have somewhere to put my eyes when they roll clean out of my head."
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

Travok smiles at the drow's unsuccessful attempts to talk to the woman. He can't decide for himself whether he's trying to pick her up or interrogate her, but he doesn't seem to be doing much of a job at either. Finishing his ale, he says, "I think I'll turn in for the night. Can you show us our rooms? Unlike certain others"--he glances at the constructs and the elf--"I need sleep."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dimble perks up at the suggestion and agrees. "Yes! A bed would be heavenly about now."
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Eledseri lights a few more candles and then leads you to your rooms, they're rather small and though well-aired and clean have the appearance of long disuse. There is a bed, a sturdy chair and a small table in each of them as well as a small bucket in the corner and a metal basin and jug on the table.

She leave a candle on the small table of each room and bids you goodnight
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-08-31 at 07:07 PM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Rynthel blows out his room's candle and settles down to trance for the night.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

Maharal seats himself at the table, creaking slightly as he settles down and constricts his joints into his normal sleep cycle. His eyes dim, but runes inscribed all over his body begin to glow with the reflected candlelight as they recharge their energies.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok Bluesteel - Dwarf Battlemind

Travok yawns mightily as he strips off his armor and settles down for a good night's sleep.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki lies awake for a while, turning over what he knows in his mind and seeing if it fits together. Concluding that there just isn't enough information for anything other than speculation, he finally closes his eyes to sleep.

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

The night passes uneventfully and the next morning dawns clear and bright.

Aki

You're awakened by the sound of something banging on your door as if trying to get in and not quite succeeding. Every so often you here a low muffled cry and the banging resumes.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interesting..."

Aki pulls on some clothes, trusting to the door to hold for a few minutes. He lifts his orb in one hand and, after a moment's thought, his knife in the other. Standing on the opposite side of the room, he raises his orb to the door and focuses his mind on the latch, willing it to open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standing away from the door, using mage hand to open it. Or prestidigitation, whichever is appropriate. I'm sure one of them will do the trick.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

You see a marmelade coloured cat sitting very firmly in the doorway as only a cat can. The cat enters the room, ignoring you completely, and goes directly to the patch of sun projected from your window.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

KT had blocked the door and left something to lean precariously at the window. While he normally doesn't care about other people's presence, when he removes his plating to work on himself, he prefers a great amount of privacy. He takes the plates off and fastidiously works on his simple maintenance, cleaning and tightening the gears. After all, he is a five century old machine, and the trail dust of journeys can be quite bothersome. His work complete he puts his belongings up again and settles in to meditate for the night. His main spring, his heart so to speak, rewinds and tightens as he 'sleeps', readying him for another day. He places everything as it was before he entered and proceeds down to meet the others while they eat.

21. - Top - End - #111

Dimble wakes and clears his mind with a moment of meditation. He heads downstairs to breakfast, ready to feed his ravenous belly.

IC|OOC

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Rynthel has been up from his trance for several hours now and has been sitting quietly in the common room near the remains of the fire. He nods to the others as they appear.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

When he wakes up, Travok quickly washes and then stretches, working out kinks in his muscles. Once he feels he's ready, he puts on his armor, buckles on his craghammer, and slings his pack and shield across his back. Then he goes down to see the others.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur wakes early to greet the sunshine outside, and prays to Pelor as it began its majestic progress across the sky. When the sun has risen, Arthur makes the bed he has risen from before contemplating the road ahead. He gathers his gear, and moves to meet the rest of his travelling party downstairs.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

Having finished recharging earlier in the night, Maharal takes some time to record his thoughts in the private journal he keeps tucked in his pack. Hearing the sounds of dawn breaking outside, he stands and stretches himself before wandering over to the kitchen. Maharal has no real need for food, and his sense of taste is more on the academic side than something that he really evaluates for himself, but the process of cooking has always fascinated him. If Eledseri is in the kitchen, he'll try to get her to let him help with cooking breakfast.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Eledseri is nowhere to be seen, instead you see a halfling woman at the bar. In front of her is a wheel of cheese, a coarse round of bread and a rich-looking black sausage. There's also a flagon of pale-coloured ale that she serves you with a motherly smile.
    "There you are ducks, nothing like a wee bit of tipple to bring out the colour in your cheeks," she says, her own cheeks red as apples suggesting she had had some herself. She serves you with a self-satisfied air, chatting freely. "Windermere Spakenberry's my name, but it'll be a darn sight pleasanter for you if you call me Win. Eledseri has me in at times to help her out, though with the way things are I wondered..." She shakes her head and smiles. "Poor lass, it's all I can do to help her. We've all suffered with these troubles but her more than most."
    She opens the door to throw a bucket of dirty water outside, a marmelade cat manages to dart through the open door before she closes it.

Insight 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Windermere looks a lot more easy going than Eledseri, and the ale she has consumed probably has something to do with that. Probing her for information should be easy.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Travok accepts breakfast and begins to eat, and drink, with gusto.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight - (1d20+9)[12]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-09-03 at 05:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Maharal

"Good morning to you, Win. I had hoped to assist Eledseri with preparing the morning meal, but I see that you have already prepared a fine meal." Taking a seat but no food, he nods politely to her to continue. "What did you mean about her suffering more than most?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    C'mon no whammies.
    (1d20+7)[22]

Oh thank god.
    Last edited by RPZip; 2010-09-03 at 08:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Dimble begins to scarf down the food, taking obscenely large bites and washing them down with the ale. He barely glances up at Win as she speaks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20+5)[24]

IC|OOC

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

And what does a metal man such as your self know about victuals, hey? Win asks Maharal. As for the other, I was talking too much, as usual, she adds with a grin.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-04 at 06:43 AM.

My Blog The Level 1 GM