Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Arthur

    Arthur barely managed to keep an irratated grunt hidden. This man knows is as ignorant as I have ever seen he thought. "Brother, who are we to say what is futile and what is not. Pelor teaches hope, and it is up to us as Priest of his creed, to bring that hope to all. No dark should be beyond the light of Pelor's reach. No petty sin or lack of absolution caused this Gerigar, who do you suspect could have committed a sin so foul that it consumes even Paladins of virtue. I myself shall show you that it can be dealt with, but first I must know all that can be learned before I face it. Are you willing to help me Gerigar? Or will you not spread hope?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Diplomacy-(d20+12)[13]

    Oh. F- *facepalm*
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2010-09-24 at 04:00 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Gerigar frowns at you with a similar animosity that he shows to the rest of the party. You have not been here, brother, so how can you judge what has transpired? You do not know these people, how can you know what sins they have not confessed, what urges and desires that they have acted on that have harmed us all? He's all but shaking with anger. You speak of help, but let me remind you of duty, duty to these people to benefit from Pelor's light which shines on all of us, the innocent and the guilty. He crosses his arms over his chest. If, as you say, you act under the auspices of the church then of course I will render any assistance that I deem fit to provide. And nothing more.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

    "Are we done here?" Travok says, surmising that they won't get anything but preaching from Gerigar. "I'm about ready to get going."

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    "I do believe we have had enough of your help." He turns to Tarvok. "I concur. Let us depart"

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    goken04's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    "Yeah, let's shake it"
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

    Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Arthur

    Arthur shook his head at Gerigar. "The shepard who give us on wayward sheep will soon find himself without a flock to lead." Arthur said to Gerigar. "It may be beyond us to forgive their wrongs Gerigar, but it is not beyond Pelor's and I still serve him." He gestured at the companions. "Come friends, this one has no desire to help any more. I suggest we leave him to his repent, and his blinkered piousness. We must move before this darkness becomes too large to stop."

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    As you walk away, you can still hear Gerigar's shouts and warnings, which gather more than a few curious stares.

    You quickly settle your accounts with the inn and gather the rest of your possessions. Win and Eledseri bid you farewell, the former gifting Travok with a small bottle that she hands silently to the dwarf with a smile and a finger to her lips.

    Spoiler
    Show

    That's -1gp for everyone and the bottle is some sort of alcohol.


    After stepping over the tree trunk, you make your way along the road, the trees gradually getting thicker as you progress. It's strange, but even though it's morning the forest is silent as if it were night.
    The road is also rather rough, with weeds growing through it in places as if it had not been maintained.

    Perception 18 (this can count as passive)
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the side of the road one of the trees has a piece cut out of the trunk, marking it distinct from the others.

    Perception 20 (must be a diceroll)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mark is rather low on the tree, as if cut by a short person or a child


    Nature 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mark is not new, but not old either. Perhaps it was made less than a month ago but it is hard to tell. It was definitely cut with a knife or blade of some sort.

    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-27 at 07:29 PM.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

    Travok's usually pretty observant, so he notices the mark, and calls the others' attention to it. "Who do you think put it there?" he asks.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception - (1d20+9)[26]
    Nature - (1d20+9)[28]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-09-27 at 07:19 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    goken04's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Dimble steps up to examine the mark. After pausing a moment, he turns to Travok, "I got no clue! What do you think it is?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[10]
    Nature: (1d20+5)[12]
    Last edited by goken04; 2010-09-27 at 07:41 PM.
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

    Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Rynthel examines the trunk and sees what Travok is pointing out.

    "Not sure. Perhaps one of the smaller races, or someone cutting deliberately low to either try to hide it or make anyone who finds it think someone else did it." He ponders. "There's also the question of what it's for. Looks like a knife cut of some sort."

    Perception: (1d20+4)[20]
    Nature: (1d20+4)[17]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-09-27 at 08:27 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Through the trees you see flickers of light here and there, as if there is a clearing not far from the treeline.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+10)[13]


    KT Remains silent.
    Last edited by Shardan; 2010-09-28 at 06:11 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok - Dwarf Battlemind

    Travok looks in the direction of the clearing. "So, does someone want to get a better look? Preferably, someone quieter than me?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    See if Travok can tell what's in the clearing.
    Perception - (1d20+9)[28]

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's hard to tell, but you think you can see something lying on the ground but you can't tell what it is at this distance and with all the trees in the way.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    "I'll go have a look," Rynthel says. Unfortunately, the forest seems determined to trip him up, and he isn't nearly as quiet as he'd like to be.

    Stealth: (1d20+9)[13]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-09-29 at 10:35 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Rythnel
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you near the clearing you begin to see what's on the ground: three bodies of what appear to be young women. You can't tell much more without close examination.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Rynthel surpresses a yell and cautiously approaches the bodies, looking them over for clues.

    Perception: (1d20+4)[14]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    They look like Eladrin, but as you bend over to examine her closely, to your astonishment the girl stirs to life and jumps up. She slashes at your throat with her fingernails, and around you can see the others leap to their feet.
    There's also a screech and the fluttering of wings as three harpies descend from the treetops, coming to land between you and the edge of the forest.

    (1d20+14)[25] vs AC and she has Combat Advantage
    [roll]2d8+10[roll]
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    I'll try that again, I hate posting from my mobile.
    (2d8+10)[18]
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Insight roll against these DCs
    Eladrin 1 (1d20+10)[13]
    Eladrin 2 (1d20+10)[13]
    Eladrin 3 (1d20+10)[22]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You see that this is not an Eladrin, but a dryad disguised as one.



    Status
    Spoiler
    Show

    Eladrin1
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    92/92

    Eladrin2
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    92/92

    Eladrin3
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    92/92

    Harpy1
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    96/96

    Harpy2
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    96/96

    Harpy3
    AC: ?? Ref: ?? Dex: ??
    96/96

    Rynthel
    55/73


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

    it is for reference though.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-10-01 at 04:40 AM.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok - Dwarf Battlemind
    AC 25 Fot 22 Ref 17 Will 23 HP 94/94 Surges 14/14 PP 4/6

    Travok draws his craghammer, and circles around to come at the harpy, roaring a dwarvish battlecry. Psionic energy courses through the hammer, and surges out as the hammer strikes, seeking the harpy's eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor
    Draw craghammer

    Move
    Move straight to E30, then diagonally to D31

    Standard
    Attack Harpy1 with twisted eye (augment 2)
    Attack - (1d20+16)[32]
    Damage - (1d8+15)[16] (shifted to simulate brutal re-roll, +1 for versatile weapon used with two hands)
    Target is blinded until the end of my next turn

    Keep in mind that Battle Resilience will come into play the first time Travok is attacked this encounter (he'll gain resistance 7 until the end of his next turn)
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-10-01 at 11:59 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    KT reacts quickly, drawing his sword (minor) and rushing through the brush to the clearing. Once he can see the action inside, he charges the false eladrin attacking his companion. (only passing the harpy if I really have to.)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Insight (1d20+10)[30]

    Charge to c-32 (1d20+18)[29] and an additional +2 for flanking from Rynthel. And I mark it one way or the other.
    Damage (1d10+9)[16]


  23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Arthur

    Arthur moves through the bush, and confronted with the sight of the eladrin and the harpy. He steps beside the harpy and he begins to glow with the light of celestia.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to E31
    Standard-Astral Flare

    Harpy-(d20+10)[24] vs Will
    Eladrin 1-(d20+10)[22] vs Will

    On a hit they're dazed.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    goken04's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Dimble runs to the edge of the clearing and pulls out his magic dagger. He aims it at Harpy1 and lets loose a bolt of lightning.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Lightning Strike
    Attack (v. Ref): (1d20+13)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[16]. If it hits, lightning arcs off the Harpy and hits Eladrin 1 for 4 damage.
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

    Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Rynthel swears and moves back a step from the creature that attacked him, thrusting his spear at it and twisting at its mind just so, trying to goad it into leaving itself vulnerable.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor to draw my weapon
    Shift back one square to C35. I'm still flanking with KT from here, I have Polearm Flanker.
    Demoralizing Strike on the Eladrin at C33:
    (1d20+16)[32] vs AC
    On hit: (1d10+8)[14] and it has a -2 penalty to defenses until the end of my next turn.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-10-04 at 04:31 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Status
    The harpy thrashes about blindly, aiming for Travok with it's claws.

    The second harpy moves towards you and sings a strange eerie song that brings KT and Dimble closer, they seem to not respond to your calls and Dimble's eyes are glassy.

    The second pseudo-Eladrin comes forward and attacks KT from behind.

    The third Eladrin doesn't attack, striding across the clearing to the tree line as if to approach you from the other side.

    The third harpy flutters closer and opens her mouth, the terrible screeching noise filling the ears of Arthur, Travok and Rythnel. Enlivened by the success of its first attack, it shouts again, scattering you about the battlefield.

    Dice rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Harpy 1 Claw
    (1d20+9)[20] vs AC
    (1d8+3)[10]

    Harpy 2 Alurring song
    (1d20+15)[18] vs Will at Arthur
    (1d20+15)[17] vs Will at Travok
    (1d20+15)[31] vs Will at Dimble Pulling him to B-28
    (1d20+15)[22] vs Will at KT Pullinghim to A29

    (More rolls in next post)



    Spoiler
    Show

    AC: 23 Ref: 21 Fort: 20 Will: 22
    Harpy 1 42/96 blinded, bloodied, dazed
    Harpy 2 96/96
    Harpy 3 96/96

    AC: 23 (21) Fort: ?? Ref: ?? Will: 21 (19), dazed
    Dryad 1 74/92
    Eladrin 2 92/92
    Eladrin 3 92/92

    Rynthel
    39/73

    Travok
    89/94

    KT Dazed (Save ends)
    77/91

    Arthur
    53/69

    Dimble Dazed (Save ends)
    70/70


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-10-07 at 06:54 PM.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    More dicerolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Eladrin 2
    Claws
    (1d20+16)[34]
    (1d8+10)[16]

    Harpy 3
    Brutal scream
    (1d20+15)[33] vs Fort at Arthur
    (1d20+15)[20] vs Fort at Rythnel
    (1d20+15)[25] vs Fort at Travok
    Damage
    (1d6+5)[8] Thunder damage
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-10-07 at 04:07 AM.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Katana_Geldar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Even more dicerolls!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Secondary attack
    Harpy 3
    Brutal scream
    (1d20+15)[27] vs Fort at Arthur and slides him to E-28
    (1d20+15)[21] vs Fort at Rythnel and slides him to C-38
    (1d20+15)[34] vs Fort at Travok and slides him to B-33

    Damage
    (1d6+5)[8] Thunderdamage
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-10-07 at 04:08 AM.
    Avatar by Trixie.

    Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

    My Blog The Level 1 GM


  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Travok Bluesteel - Dwarf Battlemind
    AC 25 Fot 22 Ref 17 Will 23 HP 92/94 Surges 14/14 PP 4/6

    The moment the first harpy attacks, Travok's skin hardens to the consistency of rock. The attacks barely touch him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Battle Resilience takes effect with the first attack, giving Travok resist all 7 until the end of his next turn--so the damage from each attack is reduced by 7.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Tomb of Horrors IC

    Arthur

    The glow around arthur becomes less radiant as he steps into the midst of the melee. The glow sooths his companions wounds and takes the strength from his opponent's strikes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arthur moves to 30C
    He uses Beacon of hope.
    Dimble, KT and Travok all regain 10 hit points, and all of Arthur's healing spells heal and additional 5 hit points this encounter.

    The enemies in a close burst three are subject to an attack.
    Harpy 2 (d20+13)[14] v Will
    Eladrin 2 (d20+13)[15] v Will
    Harpy 1 (d20+13)[30] v Will
    Harpy 3 (d20+13)[15] v Will
    Dryad 1 (d20+13)[25] v Will
    On a hit they are weakened until the end of its next turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •