New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: "Impress me"

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

tongue "Impress me"

OK, round 6 of the Alabaster cup from CW involves a noblewoman asking each contestant to impress her. I had to share what happened with my fellow Playgrounders:

Nathaniel Blake, pirate extraordinaire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He reached out and plucked the noblewoman's hankerchief from her, and planted a kiss on it. He then gave it back to her and leapt onto the table, jumped onto the chandelier and pulled himself onto it. He jumped to a wall banner and sprang off, tumbling between a butler's legs, jumped onto a chair and sprang across the backs of the chairs along a table, jumped onto the wall and kicked off to go flying past a bewildered guard, before sweeping the woman off her feet and kissing her.

Nulan Dyre, ranger to the stars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He used speak to animals to instruct his Hawk companion to fetch a rose. He then swept up 5 apples from a bowl and threw thim into the air, leapt up and kicked them so they were falling in an equinox-style-movement. He then fired an arrow through all 5 apples, pinning them to the wall, just as the Hawk returned with the rose, which he gave to the Noblewoman with a flourish.

Gildin Stoneblood, angry little dwarf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looked her up and down, took another mouthful of his food, downed the rest of his ale, looked at her and told her the name of the inn he was staying at and what number his room was. She slapped him in the face, hard.

Needless to say, Rule of Awesome and Rule of Cool factored heavily in these manouevers, excluding the last one.
    Last edited by Scarey Nerd; 2010-08-18 at 05:41 AM.
    Credit to Bradakhan for the amazing avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Impress me"

If the dwarf was smart he woulda flashed her THEN told her the Inn and room number he was staying in

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FelixG View Post
    If the dwarf was smart he woulda flashed her THEN told her the Inn and room number he was staying in
    We do have an on-going joke in our game that all male Dwarves are... well equipped. But well equipped to the stage that I briefly considered giving dwarves a natural attack. And it would be a reach weapon.
    Credit to Bradakhan for the amazing avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Scarey Nerd View Post
    We do have an on-going joke in our game that all male Dwarves are... well equipped. But well equipped to the stage that I briefly considered giving dwarves a natural attack. And it would be a reach weapon.
    Then yell the line from...dont remember the movie off the top of my head...but: "ARE YOU NOT IMPRESSED?!" haha

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FelixG View Post
    Then yell the line from...dont remember the movie off the top of my head...but: "ARE YOU NOT IMPRESSED?!" haha
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" - Gladiator'

Correct?
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I believe its from gladiator

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!!"

Ninja.....
    Last edited by zmasterofjersey; 2010-08-18 at 02:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruviansquid View Post
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" - Gladiator'

Correct?
    Correct, i thought it was gladiator but i didnt want to misquote :P