Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Star Wars: The Adventures of the Limping Lady IC

It Midday and like every other day on this twin sun bleach world of Tatooine it hot and dusty, You ALL find yourselves walking down one of Mos Eisley's main thoroughfares, pushing thought the crowds to get to the cool sanctuary of the cantina at the city's center.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2010-08-27 at 12:12 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Star Wars: The Adventures of the Limping Lady IC

Epona

The others might be travelling to the cantina at midday, but Epona was not.

For a very obvious reason: She'd been at the cantina already.

She'd drawn the morning shift.

Not that she minded - she remembered enough of her training to drop into a Jedi Trance instead of sleeping the night before. She'd had plenty of time to get to the cantina in the morning, and prepare for her set...

...which lasted from dawn to midday.

Once midday arrived... well, she was in the cantina already, and had no other engagements for the day. She'd grab a drink from the barman (part of her contract entitled her to free drinks from the end of each set until she left the cantina) and start scanning the tables and the entrances... she was looking for travelling types speaking in Basic.

But the morning drinkers were mostly regulars. Familiar faces that she knew had nothing she was after.

What a boring crowd... she noted to herself, a thought that would have instantly warned her she needed to find a new job, had she not already known she was bored of this cantina.

Well, she wasn't due back on stage until the following day. So she drained her drink and stepped outside. True, this meant she'd have to pay for anymore drinks she wanted today, but that was compensated by her having a chance to look for fresh spacers... and fresh gossip...
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-08-22 at 06:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

"Ordo... you must fight the Empire, Ordo. You must face the dark side."

Those were a few of the words the spectral visage of his master said to him a few weeks ago... and honestly, Joker bought it. He did feel he was wasting his life smuggling contraband for various galactic creeps. Joker wanted to get out there and do something. The problem was that he had no ship, little training, and no idea how to hook up with anyone else opposing the Empire. So, he needed to brainstorm... and the best place for that (...well, it's not really he best place) is the cantina!

So here he was, heading towards the cantina for a drink.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cabur was not pleased. He'd been on Tatooine for a week and he was still no closer to finding Odala Tsmocren. Neither what she was doing here nor where she was now.

She was probably not even here to begin with. And even if she was I can't see what she could hope to gain, other than setting up a damn glass factory.

"I'm going to have to give my equipment an extensive once-over when I leave this place." He sighed to himself. He looked up to the sky and said to himself, "I hope they're alright."
    Last edited by Daisuke1133; 2010-08-23 at 03:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dreem walked down the street towards the cantina, recognizing a few acquaintances. He didn't know any of them very well, but he knew they were interested in joining that galaxy-wide gang that hated the imps. Sounded like a good time to him.
    Last edited by bacon; 2010-08-24 at 07:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Berk power slides up to the front of the cantina, spraying dust all over the crowds in the thoroughfare. Dismounting his swoop, he looks around muttering "I cannot wait to get off of this fierfek planet." Walking into the cantina, he remarks to himself "Hive of scum and villany, eh? Right."

Looking around, "Where is he?"
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2010-08-23 at 11:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Karbin is on his way to the cantina as usual so he can stay hydrated on this dry dust ball of a planet. The usual crowds slow him down as the cantina is an common destination whether one is seeking business or pleasure. He does not take kindly being pushed though, threatening in huttese a jawa that loses control of one of it's droids, which then almost barrels over the Mon Calamari, "<Watch your goods vermin.>"
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2010-08-23 at 10:22 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Joker continued down the street, kicking a rock. He was a human with green eyes and short black hair, wearing a black flight-suit with a heavy blaster pistol holstered at his side. He was lost in thought. Fight the Empire. It's not like he could use his imaginary force turbolasers to take out all the Star Destroyers.

Well, hopefully his erstwhile compatriots would have a way off this rock. That's a definite step one.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-08-23 at 09:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Mon'Teh'Zuma
    He is briskly strolling along looking at all the food vendors and taking in the sights and smells. Especially the smells. Most people are too afraid to go close to the giant red monstrosity drooling over food with a growl from his tummy as loud as a Gundark. That and his sharp pointy sticks put them off.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

10. - Top - End - #10

Spoting Mon'Teh"Zuma in the crowd, Berk walks up to him. Speaking in the hissing guttural tones of Massassai <"Mon'Teh'Zuma! Nice of you to show up finally. Hey come on, quit scaring the locals. If your hungry buy some damn food.">

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

(As all of our characters know each other.)

Joker spotted Zuma and Berk pretty easily. They tend to stand out together... well, at least Zuma does. Joker strolled right on up to them. Gentlemen! And I use that term loosely." Joker grinned, bursting with good nature. Being a total criminal, they would know that he was giving them compliments. "I'd try the Bantha meat. I know they don't look that good, but they're tender."

12. - Top - End - #12

"So is bantha poodoo, doesn't mean i'm gonna eat it." Berk responds with a equally friendly smile while reaching his hand out towards Joker.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Well that means you're not cooking it right." Joker grinned a bit more and shook Berk's hand solidly. "You guys haven't had any luck with the transportation yet, have you?"

14. - Top - End - #14

"Well my swoop is running fine, but other than that, not a bit. And just what sort of trouble have you been up to today?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"Just thinking about this one annoying guy who shows up and gives me profound advice." He was silent for a beat before going back to full steam. "And looking for a way off this hellhole. I'd normally commit some sort of criminal activity, like smuggling, to get us out of here... but we all know what happened to my ship on the last run." It was miracle he was alive, but that's the story of his life.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-08-24 at 12:46 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Epona

It was on the return journey from the spaceport that Epona spotted some faces she recognised. Recognised as occasional visitors to the cantina - she didn't usually get much of a chance to talk to those.

She had work to do, after all.

But not today! She'd done her shift and had time to spare. So she stopped by the group of Joker, Zuma and Berk.

"Ahh, Customers!" she greeted them. "But wait, if Zuma's out here, who's propping up the cantina bar? They hired in some of Jabba's favourite Bith this week. They were tuning up when I came off-stage. It'll crush the owner's little... does he have hearts?... If the Bith don't up his audience."

17. - Top - End - #17

Mon'Teh'Zuma
    "Mmm... Bantha...." are the only words that are able to be understood from him at this moment. He looks around at the stalls as they walk hoping to see some. Unless he spots some sort of meat shop he will probably just go with the others.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2010-08-25 at 07:38 PM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Joker gave a big wave to Epona when he saw her. "What's cookin', girl? Wait.. bad choice of words." He said as Zuma reiterated his hunger. "You know, there's this good song is played by a Bith band. Bu-de-du-de-... you know.. I forgot how it goes." He tapped Zuma and pointed towards a meat shop, heading that way. "I'm sure we'll end up at the cantina, but we have to at least try to get our hands on a way out of here."

19. - Top - End - #19

"So far I haven't even been able to find a ride of this dustball. Let alone a paying gig, and I'm the best fierfek pilot to be found, if I do say so myself!"

Watching Joker walk over to the meat shop Berk speaking Massassai <"Go with Joker I thinking he's gonna go get some grub.">

Speaking with Epona "Bith band? They any good? It isn't that Neo-Corellian synth-blues/dance pop is it? I cannot stand that garbage! I spent some time, uh... with some Corellian officials and that's all he, uh they listened to."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2010-08-25 at 10:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_the_Hawked View Post
    "So far I haven't even been able to find a ride of this dustball. Let alone a paying gig, and I'm the best fierfek pilot to be found, if I do say so myself!"
    "That's true. No one I'd rather have as a wingman, let me tell you." Oh yes... they will be a squadron, one day.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Epona
    "Yeah, Bith band. More classic core Jazz, I think - Remember, they're players Jabba likes - and the slugs aren't exactly famous for their love of dancing. Well, not of *doing* dancing, anyway."

There's quite an expressive shrug from the dancer. "Not my problem anyway. They'd never agree to share the stage with a dancer, so I'm not around much while they play. Ego always creeps up on you when you least expect it, huh?
    "

Diplomatically, Epona avoids calling attention back to the lack of transport situation. She was of the firm belief that unless she was going to do something about it herself, she should probably keep quiet on the subject.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Epona
    "Yeah, Bith band. More classic core Jazz, I think - Remember, they're players Jabba likes - and the slugs aren't exactly famous for their love of dancing. Well, not of *doing* dancing, anyway."

There's quite an expressive shrug from the dancer. "Not my problem anyway. They'd never agree to share the stage with a dancer, so I'm not around much while they play. Ego always creeps up on you when you least expect it, huh?
    "
    Joker shook his head and smiled sympathetically. He was genuinely a nice guy, even though he and his friends didn't exactly have a squeaky-clean reputation. "If those bulb-headed horn-blowers don't want you up there lighting up the joint-- which you do-- then forget them. They don't know how to put on a top notch show." He stopped at the meat vendor and pointed out a huge slab of Bantha meat. "Now that is meat, Zuma. I bet that'll last you at least... a snack?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Epona
    "Oh, they're good at what they do. Just not, you know, as good as they think they are. Still, it would be a nice change to dance with some proper live music instead of a backing track. It's a lot harder to work a crowd when the beat is fixed in stone..."

Epona sniffed a couple of times as the Bantha meat was presented to Zuma, but declined to comment.

If there's one thing I regret about being raised a Jedi, it's that the catering in the Jedi Temple was wonderful. Which makes eating the food out *here* all the harder...

24. - Top - End - #24

SamuraiGuy

After searching for his companions, Cabur quickly walks over to join them. He says nothing of his personal searches and looks quite like he does not wish to discuss it. He loses himself in their, to his perceptions, quite trivial banter. It helps him to forget his failures, at least for the moment before he considers other matters, namely just how they are going to get off this worthless dust-ball of a planet and into the greater galaxy at large.

25. - Top - End - #25

(( OK guy give me some perception checks))

Character links

26. - Top - End - #26

SamuraiGuy

(( erm, should we be posting here or the ooc thread? ))

27. - Top - End - #27

(((Right here's fine)))

Character links

28. - Top - End - #28

SamuraiGuy

(( okay then, Perception Check (1d20+7)[11] ))

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

(Perception Check)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[15]

30. - Top - End - #30

Perception: (1d20+4)[13]

Exile