New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    On Will O'Wisps, it doesn't say what size they are. I'm assuming Tiny?
    Buggeration, you're right

They're actually Small size, and I've added that to Translucent Body.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by The Winter King View Post
    Thanks-muchly...will update my post!
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Duergar, Gray Dwarves

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Duergar Body, Stonecunning, Dwarven Heritage, Light Sensitivity, Powerful Mind, +2 Con[/table]

Class Skills: 4+Int modifier (x4 at first level) Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, plus light, medium, and heavy armor.

Duergar Body: The Duergar loses all other racial bonuses, and gains the Humanoid (Dwarf) type and subtype, medium size, and a base land speed of 20 feet. However, gray dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).

Stonecunning: This ability grants a duergar a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework, traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A gray dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a duergar can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A duergar can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Duergar have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.

Dwarven Heritage: The Duergar gains Darkvision out to 120 feet, immunity to paralysis, phantasms, and poison, +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like effects, +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears), +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants), a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground), and a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and a +1 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks. They have a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.

Light Sensitivity: Duergar are dazzled in sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Powerful Mind: A Duergar picks one of two abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic inclination: A Duergar who is magically inclined can use enlarge person and invisibility as spell-like abilities usable once per day per HD as a wizard of twice the Duergar's HD (minimum caster level 3rd); these abilities affect only the duergar and whatever it carries.

Psionic Capabilities: A Duergar who chooses Psionic Capabilities gains expansion and invisibility as psi-like abilities usable once per day per 2 HD. These abilities affect only the duergar and whatever he carries. Manifester level is equal to Hit Dice (minimum 3rd). He also gains 2 bonus power points plus 1 per HD.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    So that's my Duergar class. Pretty much just the race minus the Cha penalty and with scaling uses of spell-like or psi-like abilities. I made the psi-like abilities usable less often because the bonus power points also scale.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2010-09-03 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still going strong I see. I'm going to ask for the Shadow Dragon.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Duergar, Gray Dwarves

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Duergar Body, Gray Birthright, Light Sensitivity, Powerful Mind, +2 Con[/table]

Class Skills: 4+Int modifier (x4 at first level) Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot

Proficiencies: All simpleweapons, plus light and medium armor.

Duergar Body: The Duergar loses all other racial bonuses, and gains the Humanoid (Dwarf) type and subtype, medium size, 120 foot darkvision, and a base land speed of 20 feet.

Gray Birthright: A Duergar may choose three of the following traits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Powerful Mind: A Duergar who chooses this option can use enlarge person and invisibility as spell-like abilities usable once per day per HD as a wizard of twice the Duergar's HD (minimum caster level 3rd); these abilities affect only the duergar and whatever it carries.

Stability: Duergar are exceptionally stable on their feet. A duergar receives a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground). Duergar can move at full speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations)

Stonecunning: This ability grants a duergar a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework, traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A gray dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a duergar can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A duergar can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Duergar have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.

Dwarven Heritage: Immunity to paralysis, and poison. +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears). +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).

Cunning Thoughts: Immunity to phantasms, +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and a +1 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks. They have a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal. +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like effects.

Light Sensitivity: Duergar are dazzled in sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the second take of the Duergar class with changes made as requested by Oselecamo. I'd like to find a way to reintegrate the psionics option, even if it means an alternate psionic Duergar monster class.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Removed martial weapon and heavy armor proficiencies, psionics option, rearranged racial traits and limited to three.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2010-09-04 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Can I make a request?

The Rakshasa Naztharune from MM III

Spoiler
    Show

Please
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Can I make a request?

The Rakshasa Naztharune from MM III

Spoiler
    Show

Please
    I've already done it; Oslecamo just needs to approve it before it's added to the list.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    I've already done it; Oslecamo just needs to approve it before it's added to the list.
    Ohhh okay, mmm have you already posted? I am just curious to see it.
    Just call me Dusk

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Right here.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks
    Just call me Dusk

11. - Top - End - #281

For the record that monster still needs reviewing and changing, the reason why it still isn't on the index. Please check back later for the proper finished version.

FyreByrd:There's no problem with throat dart and poison being at will abilities.

-Poison needs scaling DC, the usual is 10+1/2H+Con modifier.

-Similarly, the DR should just be 1/2 HD.

-Divide unheartly grace into two abilities, one that gives the deflection bonus and the other that bosts saves, and put them separate.

-Speaking of wich the first levels give a lot of stuff, but then the middle ones give less. Re-distribute the abilities so it gains a little more at each level as it grows. You can put a couple bonusb feats to help fill levels, like improved critical and track.

12. - Top - End - #282

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    For the record that monster still needs reviewing and changing, the reason why it still isn't on the index. Please check back later for the proper finished version.

FyreByrd:There's no problem with throat dart and poison being at will abilities.

-Poison needs scaling DC, the usual is 10+1/2H+Con modifier.

-Similarly, the DR should just be 1/2 HD.

-Divide unheartly grace into two abilities, one that gives the deflection bonus and the other that bosts saves, and put them separate.

-Speaking of wich the first levels give a lot of stuff, but then the middle ones give less. Re-distribute the abilities so it gains a little more at each level as it grows. You can put a couple bonusb feats to help fill levels, like improved critical and track.
    Yeah looked back at it, and he seemed a little weak to me...will adjust so poison/throat dart is at will.

Are you happy with rogue BAB, I went back and forth between full BAB, and rogue

Will adjust posion dc/DR

Also will adjust unearthly grace, maybe use it to bulk up the mid levels, and will look at bonus feats

Made the adjustments to the original post, changed all you suggested, but would appreciate you looking over it again to check that it's OK...still would like to hear what you think on Full BAB vs Rogue BAB?
    Last edited by FyreByrd; 2010-09-04 at 07:12 AM.
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

13. - Top - End - #283

RAKSHASA, NAZTHARUNE

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0 |+ 0|+2 | +0 |Assassin body, Sneak attack +1d6, Mind Read
    2|+1 |+ 0|+3 | +0 |Evasion, +1 Dex
    3|+ 2|+ 1|+3 | +1 |Sneak attack +2d6
    4|+ 3|+ 1|+4 | + 1|Uncanny Dodge, Alternate Form
    5|+ 3|+ 1|+4 | +1 |Sneak attack +3d6, Assassin Skills
    6|+4 |+ 2|+5 | +2|Assassin Skin
    7|+ 5|+ 2|+5 | + 2|Sneak attack +4d6, +1 Dex
    8|+ 6|+ 2|+6 | +2 |Improved Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge
    9|+ 6|+ 3|+6 | +3 |Sneak attack +5d6, +1 Dex
    10|+ 7|+3|+7 | +3 |Hide in Plain Sight, +1 Dex
    11|+ 8|+ 3|+7 | +3 |Sneak attack +6d6, Shaddow jump, +1 Dex
    [/table]

Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are balance, disguise, spot, listen, search, move silently, hide, climb, swim, search, bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, tumble

Proefeciencies: Simple weapons, Short Sword, Shortbow, it's own natural weapons.

Features:
    Assassin body: the Naztharune Rakasha loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feets). It is a medium sized outsider with base speed 40 feets. It has two natural claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str mod damage each, and it takes no penatly for attacking with both claws in a full attack.

The NR also gains a Natural Armor bonus to AC equal to half it's Con modifier.

Sneak attack: As the rogue ability.

Mind read:
    the Raksha can use detect toughts 1/day as SLA for each HD it has. A Raksha with 3 or more HD can use and sustain it as a move action. At 6HD as a swift action and at 9HD as a free action. DC to resist is 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod.

Ability Increase:
    The NR gains +1 Dex at levels 2, 7, 9, 10, 11, for +5 Dex at level 11.

Evasion: As the rogue ability.

Uncanny dodge: As the rogue ability.

Change shape: naztharune rakshasa can assume any humanoid form, or revert to its own form, as a standard
    action 1/day per HD. In humanoid form, a naztharune loses its claw attacks (although it usually uses weapons and armor). A naztharune rakshasa typically remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, but a naztharune reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals its natural form.

Assassin skills: the NR gains a bonus on bluff and disguise equal to half it's HD. If it's reading an oponent's mind, then this bonus doubles.

Assassin Skin: The NR gains DR/good and piercing equal to half it's HD, and SR equal to 11+HD.

Improved Evasion: As the rogue ability.

Improved Uncanny Dodge: As the rogue ability, the NR can only be flanked by other creatures with uncanny dodge four levels higher than himself.

Hide In plain sight: A NR can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as it is
    within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, a NR can hide itself from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. It cannot, however, hide in its own shadow.

Shaddow Jump: A NR has the ability to travel between shadows as if by means of a dimension door spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some shadow. A naztharune can jump up to 10 feet per HD each day in this way, divided among several jumps if wanted.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The NR is basically a rogue, including most of the rogue special abilities and a touch of shaddow dancer on 11 levels. Add in alternate form and mind reading and you get a great stealth character able to go both for combat or more social setings.

Contributed by Gorgondantess
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-06 at 04:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Something's wrong with the table in the Nazrathune. Mostly the fact that it currently doesn't exist. The [/table] tag seems to be missing.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-04 at 05:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by FyreByrd View Post
    Made the adjustments to the original post, changed all you suggested, but would appreciate you looking over it again to check that it's OK...still would like to hear what you think on Full BAB vs Rogue BAB?
    You shouldn't count auto scaling abilities for filling levels, aka the throat dart wich you based on HD. But the monster already seems to have enough abilities, re-distribute them a little more to fill those levels.

Also make elusive prey scale by HD, and make it apply to saves, SR and CL checks to resist divination magic, since just preventing survival isn't that good.

Since it has no weapon proefeciencies and it's more of a warrior than a skill monkey I guess giving it full Bab would be ok.

Crafty Cultist:Something I forgot to mention, disruptive field anti-caster option needs to scale faster. I tought it was 5% per HD but instead you made it per 4HD. That's way too slow. At 20HD it gives a measly chance of 20% failure. Needs to be better.

Also, the slaughter king has way too many acid breath abilities, when it's suposed to be some melee badass that rips off his enemies with his claws. If anything I would sugest movement improvements, since it still has legs after all, and it needs to reach his enemies to rip them apart (or at least preventing them from escaping).

16. - Top - End - #286

Crafty Cultist:Something I forgot to mention, disruptive field anti-caster option needs to scale faster. I tought it was 5% per HD but instead you made it per 4HD. That's way too slow. At 20HD it gives a measly chance of 20% failure. Needs to be better.

Also, the slaughter king has way too many acid breath abilities, when it's suposed to be some melee badass that rips off his enemies with his claws. If anything I would sugest movement improvements, since it still has legs after all, and it needs to reach his enemies to rip them apart (or at least preventing them from escaping).
    The disruptive feild doesn't allow a saving throw, so a 25% chance of spell failure and a -5 penalty on checks seems sufficient to me.

I've changed the slaughterking, removing the acid abilities for more melee related powers, and a sonic attack to inhibit enemies movements

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The disruptive feild doesn't allow a saving throw, so a 25% chance of spell failure and a -5 penalty on checks seems sufficient to me.
    How about a penalty on CL/manifester level/initiator level instead? Because casters don't really care about having penalty to the other stuff, and 25% is low, specially at 20th level.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I've changed the slaughterking, removing the acid abilities for more melee related powers, and a sonic attack to inhibit enemies movements
    I really like the rampage, excellent touch there!

18. - Top - End - #288

How about a penalty on CL/manifester level/initiator level instead? Because casters don't really care about having penalty to the other stuff, and 25% is low, specially at 20th level.

I really like the rampage, excellent touch there!
    I've changed the spell faliure chance to a penalty to caster level, as you suggested.

I'm glad you like rampage. I though it was an apropriate thing for a slaughterking to do, and it could have its uses tactically

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

19. - Top - End - #289

Ok, gonna add them now then.

One last thing, put the picture of the Slaymaster on. It may not be perfect but it's everything we have, unless you know some other artist that worked on Kythons.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

A interesting creature might be the Visage from libris mortis.

Only thing I have to say is that for it's power-level, it's not that varied in terms of abilities.

Maybe if someone takes it up, they add some flavor to it? Kinda how the Gloom and phoenix were buffed.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NosferatuZodd View Post
    A interesting creature might be the Visage from libris mortis.

Only thing I have to say is that for it's power-level, it's not that varied in terms of abilities.

Maybe if someone takes it up, they add some flavor to it? Kinda how the Gloom and phoenix were buffed.
    Oslecamo managed to turn the Tarrasqe into a class, and that thing only has 1-2 class features. If it gets done it should be fine.

Edit: On advice from another poster I added a proviso to the Will-O'-Wisp that it's miss chance doesn't stack (ad in needing to make multiple dice rolls, rather than the % adding together) with any other miss chances than those granted by cover and it's own invisibility.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-09-05 at 02:37 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, gonna add them now then.

One last thing, put the picture of the Slaymaster on. It may not be perfect but it's everything we have, unless you know some other artist that worked on Kythons.
    Use a MtG Sliver. It is actually a much better fit since Slaymasters retain their claws.

There is at least one sliver with two claws, look it out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #293

Aasimar

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 1|+0|+0|+2 |Holy Body, Lightbringer, +1 Wis, +1 Cha
    [/table]
    Skills: 2+int modifier, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Perform, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival..

Proefeciencies: Aasimar are proficient with simple and martial weapons and light armor.

Features
    Holy Body:At 1st level an Aasimar loses all racial bonuses it had and gains outsider traits (basically darkvision 60 foot). It is an outsider with base speed 30 ft.

An Aasimar gains a bonus on Spot and Listen checks equal to his HD and resistance to acid, cold and electrecity equal to half his HD.

Lightbringer:
    1/day per HD the Aasimar can use Daylight as a SLA. If he uses his daylight on his weapon, it can add his Cha to to Hit and Damage rolls with that weapon for the duration of the SLA.

As it grows stronger, an Aasimar learns how to use his power in more powerfull ways. All of the following abilities, unless otherwise noticed, are activated as a swift action, cost a certain number of Daylight SLA uses and last 1 round. In adition, whenever one of the abilities below is used the Aasimar's main weapon/holy symbol/eyes glows intensily as if made of pure light, imposing a -40 penalty on hide checks and providing illumination as a daylight spell for the duration.

Spoiler
    Show

Light Soul-At 2 HD, by one use, the Aasimar can may boost the Caster level of any spell or SLA with the light, healing or good descriptor by 2, and that spell ignores any limit on Caster level it may have.

Light Ray-At 4 HD, by one use, the Aasimar can project light rays from a melee weapon. Those rays have a range of 20 foot per HD, hit as a ranged touch attack and deal the base damage as the weapon used, whitout counting for any bonus or penalty for Str or Cha bonus. This ray can also be combined with a touch range spell instead of a weapon.

Illuminate- At 6 HD, by two uses, any creatures hit by the Aasimar's weapons or failing a save against his spells must make a Will Save DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod or be blinded for 1 round per Aasimar HD.

Rising Star: At 8 HD, by two uses, the Aasimar can fly at a speed of 20 feet per HD with perfect maneuverability. If the Aasimar spends another use at the begginning of his next turn he can remain flying, otherwise he falls.

Brilliance: At 10 HD, by three uses, the Aasimar's attacks count as touch attacks.

Heaven touch: At 12 HD, by four uses and as an immediate action the Aasimar may grant himself a sacred bonus on Saving throws, AC and skill checks equal to his Cha bonus. He can extend the duration of this by spending an extra use at the begginning of his next turn.

Star Blessing: At 14 HD, by four uses and as a free action even if it isn't his turn and/or he can't act normally the Aasimar may grant himself a Freedom of Movement and Death Ward effects like the spells. He can extend the duration of this by spending an extra use at the begginning of his next turn.

Judge: At 16 HD, by five uses, creatures struck by the Aasimar's attacks or failing saves against his spells or SLAs must make a Will Save DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod or be Dazed for 1 round. Creatures hit by multiple attacks or failing the save against multiple spells stack the duration. (so a creature struck four times by the Aasimar when this ability is used and failing all four saves would be dazed for four rounds).

Star-Reach: At 18 HD, by six uses, the Aasimar can project a light beam from his weapon as far as the eye can see, providing him basically infinite reach. He can attack any oponent in his line of sight he can spot with melee attacks, ranged attacks and/or spells whitout penalty of any kind and using the normal bonus for the attack.

Purify: At 20 HD, by seven uses, the Aasimar can replicate a Mormekdain's Disjuction spell with CL=HD, except that he's himself always affected regardless of the chosen area and magic items don't permanently lose their properties if the Will save is failed, they simply stop to fuction for 1 round per HD.

Ability increase:
    The Aasimar gains +1 to Wis and +1 to Cha.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Aasimar gets some bonus to Wis, Cha, skills, resistances and the ability to produce daylight. Wich could probably qualify for worst spell ever.

So I decided to focus on boosting the daylight. As the Aasimar grows it can use it's daylight in all kinds of powerfull ways, but it burns trough uses pretty fast, since it's still just a 1 level class after all.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-06 at 04:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Firbolg in the Playground

Didn't someone make a planetouched class already?
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2010-09-06 at 10:20 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by volthawk View Post
    Didn't someone make a planetouched class already?
    I felt like the Aasimar deserved some customized love. Tiefling is next. Planetouched is nice but kinda too generic for my tastes.

Same reason I just don't do a generic dragon class and work each variety one by one.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-06 at 10:23 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

How would we go about making an int -- class?
    I really want to class-ify the Monstrous crab, yes, That Damn Crab, but it has an int of --.
    Maybe this:
    Mindless: The Monstrous crab has no Intelligence score, and therefore cannot take levels in any classes except levels in monstrous crab, or monster template prestige classes. It cannot make complex decisions or act upon them, and may only take simple actions based upon a simple behavior. It cannot use any Intelligence based abilities, or gain feats and skill points. If it would gain an Intelligence score from another source, it loses these restrictions, and gains feats and skill points as it would have from any sources.
    Or maybe I'll just have to Awaken it.

If I figure it out, expect a class from me soon. As always, Oslecamo can tell me not to do this, and veto the class before it gets posted.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Love how you're deprecating my work there, buddy. Just love it. You do realize that this aasimar gets everything a planetouched would get, but more? I also love how you didn't bother to even give the Naztharune a "contributed by", even though I did the lion's share of the work on that.
    I understand you've essentially kicked me out of this thread, but that doesn't mean you have to be kicking me.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Firbolg in the Playground

I agree. Although Aasimar is inferior skill-wise, it has better resistances and skill boosts than the Planetouched, as well as the Lightbringer ability.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

I felt like the Aasimar deserved some customized love. Tiefling is next. Planetouched is nice but kinda too generic for my tastes.

Same reason I just don't do a generic dragon class and work each variety one by one.
    If you're going to customize some of the planetouched you should customize all of them. If you don't want to customize all of them then you should leave the Planetouched as is. Personally, I think customizing them is a waste of time.

And Gorgon is right, you should give him/her some credit for the Nazrathune.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-06 at 02:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Love how you're deprecating my work there, buddy. Just love it. You do realize that this aasimar gets everything a planetouched would get, but more?
    Discussable. You do realize there's a domain with Miracle on it right on core correct?

All of the bonus from Lightbringer are relatively short duration, and make stealth basically impossible. Actual SLAs have much more durable effects, even if just once per day.

The Aasimar then gets bigger bonus to his resistances and skills, but gets worst basic skills (the only good skill your planetouched doesn't have is yajutsu focus, probably because it isn't srd). Well I guess I could tone down the resistances to 1/2.

I also love how you didn't bother to even give the Naztharune a "contributed by", even though I did the lion's share of the work on that.
    Actually I made my version from scratch out of the Gloom and basic Rakasha. But I guess you deserve some credit for pushing me to do it so added.

I understand you've essentially kicked me out of this thread, but that doesn't mean you have to be kicking me.
    Kicked? You're still one the more active posters last time I checked!

Plus I let you make your psionic mind flayer despite there already being a mind flayer done.

On the other hand, this post of yours shows that you seem to be caring about the thread rules again (funny how you don't mind doing stronger stuff than mine, but if I do something that looks stronger than yours you jump head on).

So I'm willing to give you a new chance. If you're really caring about the spirit of this thread like you did on this post of yours, then I'll be reviewing and indexing your work again. Just don't go around making strictly better monsters than mine (like your original Rakasha vs Gloom) or making non-template prcs whitout asking beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    If you're going to customize some of the planetouched you should customize all of them. If you don't want to customize all of them then you should leave the Planetouched as is.
    Challenge acepted. So it's the tiefling, the chaotic and lawfull one on MM II and wich more again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Personally, I think customizing them is a waste of time.
    I don't. And they've been requested.