New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

how bout battle ragers trolls? They could easly be based on trolls.You would just add some armor and pronto, you have a battlerager troll
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    this is troll regeneration

so technically if i do that i am giving them weakness,
    on other note i made the regeneration = to HD and i put that it takes 2d4 minutes to regenerate a limb
    i am making a war troll so shouldn't we make mountain,cave, crysaline, and other trolls
    I don't think I understand. That's probably my fault. you would do better to wait on someone smarter to help you.

I will however request that you change your chart to this.

Spoiler
    Show
    War troll(Prc)
    HD=d12
    Special: Need 5 lv of the troll class
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |troll body, +1str +1con

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |damage reduction , +1str +1con, spell resitance

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+1str +1con,regeneration,

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Growth, +1str +1con

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+1str +1con, dazing blow

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |+1str +1con

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |+1str +1con[/table]

Skills: 2+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills spot, listen, climb, jump, swim, knowledge(war), intimidate, ride, tumble

Proefeciencies: All simple weapons, martials weapons, light and medium armor, light and heavy sheilds

Troll body: the war troll loses all other racial bonuses, and gains giant traits, a base speed of 40 feet, two claw attacks and one bite attack dealing 1d4 damage each. He also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his own Con modifier

Damage reductionAt second lv a war troll gets a DR of 5/admatium. For every two HD a war troll gains 1 more point of DR.

Spell resitance A war troll gain SP equal to his HD

Dazing blow A war troll can use this ablilty 1 time per day per HD.This ability is a might swing that dazes the opponent unless he make a fortitude save equal to 10+1/2 lv+con modifier.This ability is considered a free action and the war troll may only use this ability one time per round . Troll and war troll lvs stack for this ability

Regeneration: Equal to his HD. Acid deal normal damageto a war troll. If a war troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 2d4 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Growth:The war troll grows to large size.His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change acordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties

All that extra space in the BAB line is a major pet peeve of mine...

3. - Top - End - #483

i dont see the diffrences and if you check again at the War troll, i made some changes

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by volthawk View Post
    would half HD be an alright value?
    That's how we've been doing for every other monster with fast healing pretty much.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

First attempt ... go easy

Not sure what to add at levels 7 & 8, so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Treant

Spoiler
    Show

HD: D8

Skills: 2 + Int mod (x4 at first level)
    Class Skills: None
    Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: You are proficient only with your natural weapons.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Features
    1|+0|+0|+0|+0|Treant Body, Str +1
    2|+1|+0|+0|+0|Animate Trees, Str +1, Con +1
    3|+1|+1|+1|+1|Growth, Str +1
    4|+2|+1|+1|+1|Reinforced Bark, Str +1, Con +1
    5|+2|+1|+1|+1|Trample, Entangle, Str +1
    6|+3|+2|+2|+2|Growth, Str +1, Con +1
    7|+3|+2|+2|+2|Woodland Guardian, Str +1
    8|+4|+2|+2|+2|Master of the Wild, Str +1, Con +1
    [/table]

Class Features:

Treant Body:
    You lose all other racial bonuses, and gains Plant traits. You gain two slam attacks that deal 1d6 damage + Str mod each. You suffer no penalty for attacking with both your natural weapons in the same round. Additionally, your natural attacks deal double damage against objects.

You gain 30 base speed and medium size.

You takes +50% damage from any fire-based attack and gain a bonus to natural armor equal to 1 + Con mod. Whenever you increase in size, your natural armor bonus increases by 1.

Ability Bonuses:
    You gain a +1 bonus to Strength at each level and a +1 bonus to Constitution at each even-numbered level.

Animate Trees:
    At 2nd level you gain the ability to animate nearby trees. You may use this ability once per day per HD. This ability takes a standard action to activate.

When this ability is activated, you must pick a number of trees equal to your HD/4 (minimum 1) within 100ft + 10ft/level. These trees become Treants (as per this monster class, each animated tree has number of levels equal to half your Treant level, minimum 1.) for a number of hours equal to your HD.

Treants created this way take one round to uproot. They may not use their Animate Trees ability. They are created with the elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

You can control a maximum number of Treants equal to your HD/4 (minimum 1).

Growth:
    At 3rd and 6th level, you increase by one size category and gain all the benefits and penalties associated with that. You do not gain any stat improvements.

Reinforced Bark:
    At 4th level, you gain DR/Slashing equal to half your HD.

Trample:
    At 5th level, you gain the ability to make a Trample attack. The save DC for your Trample is equal to 10 + 1/2 HD + Str mod.

Entangle:
    At 5th level, once per day per HD the Treant can root itself in the ground and bring to bear its most lethal weapons; its roots. The Treant may, as a full-round action, unleash a number of roots equal to ¼ its HD. Each root may target a different opponent and more than one root can target a single opponent.

Each root is counted as a ranged touch attack with an increment of 10ft/HD. Any opponent successfully hit by a root takes damage as if hit by one of the Treant's slam attacks. Additionally, the Treant may attempt to start a grapple as a free action.

A root that targets an opponent touching the ground gets a bonus on the grapple check equal to ½ its HD but does not gain a size bonus. A root that targets an opponent not touching the ground does not get this bonus but, once grappled, the opponent immediately falls to the ground and takes falling damage appropriate for the height fallen.

Once the Treant is rooted, additional uses of this ability require only a standard action to use. The Treant cannot move until it unroots itself, requiring a full-round action.

Woodland Guardian:
    At 7th level, you gain the ability to create trees around you. As a standard action once per day per HD you can cause 1/HD trees to grow at any location within 300ft + 100ft/HD. These trees can be turned into Treants with your Animate Trees ability. You cannot create trees at a location where it would be unsuitable; such as in a square currently containing a creature or immovably object.

Additionally, when you are within 100ft of a tree you gain a bonus to hide checks equal to your HD.

Master of the Wild:
    At 8th level, you gain a permanent aura out to 60ft + 10ft/HD. Any creatures with the Plant type that are affected by this aura gain a bonus on all attack and damage rolls equal to your Con mod. Additionally, they gain a morale bonus to save equal to 1/2 your Con mod. You do not benefit from this aura.

Last edited by Niezck; 2010-09-22 at 01:02 PM.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

6. - Top - End - #486

maybe a hide check when in a forest, swamp etc? equal to HD
    also put 1 Good save
    also for my war troll waht would be a good Lv7(12) ability
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-09-19 at 12:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

i dont see the diffrences and if you check again at the War troll, i made some changes
    The differences are the sizes of the columns and the lack of extra space especially the BAB column. Changes are good. It's looking good.

8. - Top - End - #488

ok the changes are done
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-09-19 at 12:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489

ok the changes are done
    Don't let troll levels count for fighter levels. That's the fighter's stick.

Clarify that fire doesn't overcome their regeneration anymore.

Clarify if dazing blow can be used before or after you know you hit an attack.

As capstone I sugest... I dunno, some "military tactician" ability? Sugestions?

Niezck:Hmm, good job for your first try!

Indeed lvs 7 and 8 could use something. I sugest the ability to make trees quickly grow anywhere (altough forests are almost a given at low levels, they aren't at higher, so it always gives you something to animate and doubles as battlefield control), and as capstone make nearby plants gain a bonus on attacks/saves equal to the treant's Con modifier or something like that. It also helps keep minions viable at higher levels.

Clarify that your minions get elite array of stats

Clarify what vulnerability to fire does.

Also missing proefeciencies.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-19 at 01:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Well I feel like an arse for completely blanking on the electric immunity.

How's it look now?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #491

Oslecamo i invented this, tell me if it would work(dont look at the non decided lv for this feat/ability) if not maybe you could give suggestions to make it better for the war troll
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-09-19 at 03:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Treant's been updated with proficiencies and a clarification on fire vulnerability. I've added abilities to level 7 & 8 too. Tell me what you think!

13. - Top - End - #493

Woodland Guardian:
    At 6th level, you gain the ability to create trees around you. As a standard action once per day per HD you can cause 1d4/HD trees to grow at any location within 300ft + 100ft/HD. These trees can be turned into Treants with your Animate Trees ability. You cannot create trees at a location where it would be unsuitable; such as in a square currently containing a creature or immovably object.

Additionally, when you are within 100ft of a tree you gain a bonus to hide checks equal to your HD.
    you can practally make a wall of tree with that and what would you neeed all those trees when you can make HD/4 treants

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

you can practally make a wall of tree with that and what would you neeed all those trees when you can make HD/4 treants
    'Cus it's crazy flavourful?

Maybe reduce it to 1/HD or something?

15. - Top - End - #495

it would be better

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Alrighty changed. The class look OK now?

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Or you could just give it Live Oak as a spell-like ability.

No complications, no fuss, just make a tree walk and stomp.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #498

The Hags stand on their own, I edited the old post.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Liveoak is a lot more limited. Plus the original Treant even has a modified version, so I figured I might as well.

20. - Top - End - #500

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Nonsrd obscure spell that even I hadn't heard before. It's kinda hard to get more complicated and fussy than that.

Anyway, treant looks good, will add it later, just passing by the thread.

If somebody could come up with a cool flavourfull capstone for the war troll it would be really nice.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-20 at 06:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Nonsrd obscure spell that even I hadn't heard before. It's kinda hard to get more complicated and fussy than that.

Anyway, treant looks good, will add it later, just passing by the thread.

If somebody could come up with a cool flavourfull capstone for the war troll it would be really nice.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/liveoak.htm

Ok, sure I mispelled it, it is just one word, but here it is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Gorgondantess: How's the Hunter coming along? The week deadline kinda ended yesterday. If you don't make the hunter I will as I've been reading the folklore and really want to see it done now.
    Fine, just fine. It'll be finished tomorrow evening.
    By the way, if you let there be an (x)-troll PrC but not a flind gnoll PrC, I'll track you down and strangle you.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

23. - Top - End - #503
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Fine, just fine. It'll be finished tomorrow evening.
    By the way, if you let there be an (x)-troll PrC but not a flind gnoll PrC, I'll track you down and strangle you.
    Well, War Troll is understandable, since they are standard trolls, just magically augmented.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Well, War Troll is understandable, since they are standard trolls, just magically augmented.
    Gorgon's point is Ulitharids are actually completely different from normal illithids and they're PRCs, yet Gnoll flinds, exact same situation, are different creatures.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-20 at 10:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Gorgon's point is Ulitharids are actually completely different from normal illithids and they're PRCs, yet Gnoll flinds, exact same situation, are different creatures.
    I know. I was just saying for this particular situation, it makes sense.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

I know. I was just saying for this particular situation, it makes sense.
    Ah, but crystalline trolls? Cave trolls? Not so much. Also, war trolls are a purebreeding race, not each individually magically altered.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I should mention Gorgon, Strangling is bad. Fire is so much more fun unless you're serious, in which case, please chill out.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Oh, I should mention Gorgon, Strangling is bad. Fire is so much more fun unless you're serious, in which case, please chill out.
    Oh, no, I am totally serious. I'm going to track Oslecamo's IP and strangle him. Yyyyyep.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Oh, no, I am totally serious. I'm going to track Oslecamo's IP and strangle him. Yyyyyep.
    Okay.

*Runs before Gorgondantess gets a chance to find me*Hey, there are crazy people on the net. Although I doubt you're one of them

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, relax. he's not after you. yet. I think your name might be the sixth down on the list, and mine 13 down, but, relax.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.