New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by UserShadow7989 View Post
    I just thought of a suggestion/request for anyone interested in making it. What about a Werewolf monster class? Seems like it would be much easier to 'multiclass' to Werewolf when a character is bitten then go through all the hoops and balance issues (in respect to the rest of the party) that d20srd.com 's listed method requires.
    I already did that one. its 2 levels to be a full fledged werewolf, four to be a werewolf lord

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I already did that one. its 2 levels to be a full fledged werewolf, four to be a werewolf lord
    Oh, never mind then. I must have missed it. *goes looking*

Speaking of, maybe we should put up a 'Table of Contents' with links to the Monster Classes already made? Ease of finding them and it prevents people from requesting the same one over and over again.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

No one ever gave me a yes, no, or middle finger on my Sons/Daughters of Silence request...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UserShadow7989 View Post
    Oh, never mind then. I must have missed it. *goes looking*

Speaking of, maybe we should put up a 'Table of Contents' with links to the Monster Classes already made? Ease of finding them and it prevents people from requesting the same one over and over again.
    They have a list of monsters already done in alphabetical order.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    They have a list of monsters already done in alphabetical order.
    Great. I'm not even 20 and I'm already going senile/blind. Sorry.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    No one ever gave me a yes, no, or middle finger on my Sons/Daughters of Silence request...
    They're on the waiting list, the link was just broken when I copy-pastad it, but it's corrected now. They'll be done.

EDIT: Taking a closer look at them I would need to make the selective incorporeality either limited in use when first gained (may eventually become at will when they reach higher HD) or with some heavy drawback as permanent incoporeality at level 6 is kinda too much for my tastes.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-25 at 03:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Son/Daughter of Silence

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+0 | +2 |Cursed body, Total silence, Devour Sound, Unstability, +1 Cha
    2|+1 |+ 0|+0 | +3 |Traitor's tongue, Steal speech, +1 Dex
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 |Selective uncorporeality, Disruptive touch,+1 Cha
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+1 | +4 |Bestow uncorporeality, Improved Grapple, +1 Dex
    5|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 |Sound Immunity, +1Dex, +1 Cha
    6|+ 3|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Phantasm, Silent Magic +1 Dex,+1 Cha
    [/table]
    Skills:4+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level, class skills are Diplomacy, Heal (wis), Intimidate, Knowledge (any, Int) (int), Listen (wis), Profession (any, wis), Perform(any, cha), Spot (wis)

Proefeciencies: Simple weapons, light armor and Disruptive touch.

Features:

Cursed Body:
    A Son or Daughter of Silence loses all other racial bonus and gains humanoid traits (nothing really). He/She is a medium sized humanoid with base speed 40 foot.

Total Silence (Su):
    At first level, Sons and Daughters of Silence cannot make sound directly or indirectly unless benefitting from their Steal Speech or Devour Sound abilities. Anything they do will make no sound whatsoever; shattered glass will fall to the ground in utter silence, stone will break with no noise whatsoever. This ability will not silence other beings near them, however; a human stabbed by a Daughter of Silence will still scream, for example, even if their body makes no noise when it hits the floor.

Devour Sound (Su)
    - At first level, a Son or Daughter of Silence is normally mute, but they can temporarily overcome this limitation. Whenever they are in the area of a spell that deals sonic damage, they may speak for one round per caster level of the spell. Additionally, if they slay a living creature that has a language, they may steal its breath as a free action and become capable of speech for a number of rounds equal to that creature's hit dice. A Son or Daughter of Silence typically spends its time singing when it has the ability to.

In adition, they recover a number of Unstability (see below) rounds equal to the CL of the spell or the HD of the slain creature. They cannot end up with more uses than they start the day with.

Unstability (Su):
    At first level as a swift action a Son or Daughter of Silence can gain the incorporeal subtype along with all equipment carried, receiving the related penalties and advantages. This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to HDxCha mod. It can be ended earlier as a free action, and the total number of rounds can be spent over several uses in a single day this way. Incorporeal equipment can't be used unless it has the ghost touch property. An incorporeal Son or Daughter of silence gains a flight speed equal to their base speed.

Traitor's Tongue (Su):
    - At 2nd level a Son or Daughter of Silence warps sound and speech around themselves. All spells with verbal components cast within 5 feet per HD of them have a 75% chance to fail, and normal verbal communication is impossible; words become randomly replaced or simply refuse to leave the lips of their speakers. Sons and Daughters of Silence are immune to this ability and may suppress, resume or reduce it's effect radius (or back to normal) it as a free action, but only once per turn.

Ability Increase:
    A Son or Daughter of Silence gains a permanent +1 to Cha at levels 1, 3, 5 and 6, and +1 to Dex at levels 2, 4, 5 and 6, for a total of +4 Dex and +4 Cha at level 6.

Steal Speech (Su):
    - At 2nd level as a standard action, a Son or Daughter of Silence may attempt to steal the speech from all beings within five feet per 2 HD. Those affected must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 of the Son/Daughter's hit dice + Son/Daughter's charisma modifier) or be rendered mute for 24 hours or until the Son or Daughter of Silence is slain. At the end of the 24 hour period, they make a second save; failure indicates that they are struck permanently mute unless healed by a restoration, greater restoration or wish spell. Once they have stolen speech this way, a Son or Daughter of Silence may speak for ten rounds for each muted creature.

In adition, they recover a number of Unstability rounds equal to the half the total HD of the muted creatures. They cannot end up with more uses than they start the day with.

Selective Incorporeality (Su) - At 3rd level while using their Unstability ability, Sons or Daughters of Silence are treated as incorporeal only whenever it benefits them; they may affect the physical world whenever they choose to, have a Strength score whenever it is beneficial to do so, et cetera. They may choose to act as both corporeal and incorporeal at the same time; that is, they may choose to exercise their Strength score, use weapons and other equipment normally, and grapple while still remaining immune to physical attacks and being able to pass through objects.

Disruptive touch:
    At 3rd level as a standard action a Son or Daughter of silence can deliver a touch attack dealing 1d8+Cha mod damage. For each extra 3 HD they gain this damage increases by an extra 1d8. This damage has no type.

Bestow Incorporeality (Su):
    At 4th level once a Son or Daughter of Silence has established a grapple on an opponent, they may, as a swift action, render their victim incorporeal as long as the grapple continues by spending an extra Unstability use per round. As long as their victim is incorporeal, they have no Strength score (for grapple purposes count as Str modifier 0) and are weightless - a Son of Silence's typical use of this ability is to drop the victim into the earth or a wall, then release them, shunting them into the nearest open space and dealing them 1d6 points of damage per square moved in the interim.

Bestow Incorporeality affects the equipment of creatures they choose to use the ability upon just like Unstability makes their own equipment uncorporeal.

Improved grapple:
    At 4th level a Son or Daughter of Silence gains Improved Grapple as a bonus feat even if it doesn't meet the pre-requisites.

Sound Immunity (Ex): At 5th level sons and Daughters of Silence take no damage from sound-based attacks and are immune to deafness and language-dependant abilities (such as Suggestion, but not Holy Word, as that doesn't need to be heard).

Phantasm:At 6th level a Son or Daughter of silence reaches it's full peak and they count as always using their Unstability ability, and may use Bestow Uncorporeality at will. If they would gain extra rounds per day, they instead gain the same amount of temporary HP for 1 Hour. Multiple slain creatures don't stack, neither do multiple uses of Steal Speech, count just the bigger bonus from each.

Silent magic:
    if a Son or Daughter of silence multiclasses into a casting class, he/she can choose to count the levels from this class levels for purposes of CL and learning new spells and gaining new spell slots. Son or Daughter of Silence levels don't count for any other class ability. He/She may ignore verbal components from spells as long as she's able to move, but he/she can't cast spells with [Sonic] descriptor, neither do any of her spells produce any sound by themselves.

So for example a Son or Daughter of Silence 6/Wizard 1 could choose to gain one 4th level spell slot and one 1st level spell slot instead of one 1st level spell slots and three zero level slots, receiving 2 spell knowns up to 4th level instead of 2+Int modifier 1st level spells and all cantrips known.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Son/Daughter of silence is kinda of an half-ghost, receiving the benefits from corporeal and incorporeal at the same time.

I took the aproch of limited time uncoporeality at first levels, giving the ability to gain extra turns by silencing others or killing stuff. It doesn't have much on the way of pure ofensive but selective uncorporeality should allow for all kind of fun combos.

It can turn other creatures incorporeal to put them into nasty places and since it never makes sound and can become uncoporeal makes a great stealth machine.

Image from the Silence card from MTG and Youmu from Touhou, the only half-ghost I know. If anyone knows of a better one let me know.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-25 at 07:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    They're on the waiting list, the link was just broken when I copy-pastad it, but it's corrected now. They'll be done.

EDIT: Taking a closer look at them I would need to make the selective incorporeality either limited in use when first gained (may eventually become at will when they reach higher HD) or with some heavy drawback as permanent incoporeality at level 6 is kinda too much for my tastes.
    Y'know, the ghost can get total, permanent incorporeality at level 2. Or 1, depending on your interpretation of templates.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Y'know, the ghost can get total, permanent incorporeality at level 2. Or 1, depending on your interpretation of templates.
    And the ghost also needs to stay whitin 30 foots of his original body that is still material and if destroyed destroys the ghost as well (grave bound ability). The Daughter of silence can go wherever she pleases whitout need of dragging a coffin around.

Plus the ghost I made is a base class and not a template. It really doesn't make much sense your spirit retains your body qualities.

If you're talking about the online ghost template class from Wotc(that also delivered us such wonders as Spell to Power Erudite) then it clearly states it needs specific DM aproval, aka allow it at your own risk. I take no responsabilities for that.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-25 at 11:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Cursed Body:
    The Daughter of Silence loses all other racial bonus and gains humanoid traits (nothing really). She is a medium sized humanoid with base speed 40 foot.
    The son of silence, however, keeps all traits of their race?

Just playin'. Still, you should probably fix that.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Abishai

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+1|+ 2|+0 | +2 |Chromatic Body, Vitriolic Tail, Cha +1
    2|+2|+ 3|+0 | +3 |Devil, Lesser Chromatic SLAs, Strength of the Dragon
    3|+3|+ 3|+1 | +3 |Arsenal of the Dragon, Infernal Summoning
    4|+4|+ 4|+1 | +4|Skin of the Dragon, Lingering Damage
    5|+5|+ 4|+1 | +4 |Movement of the Dragon, Greater Chromatic SLAs
    6|+6|+ 5|+2 | +5|Power of the Dragon
    7|+7|+ 5|+2 | +5|Regeneration
    8|+8|+ 6|+2 | +6 |Ultimate Chromatic SLAs, Cha +1[/table]

Proficiencies: The Abishai is proficient in simple weapons & its own natural weapons.

Skills: 4+int per level. Class skills: Bluff, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcane), Knowledge (Planes), Listen, Search, Spot, Use Magic Device.

Chromatic Body: At level 1, the Abishai loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits (basically darkvision 60'). It is medium sized, with a tail attack dealing 1d4+1.5 str modifier damage and natural armor equal to its con modifier.

Vitriolic Tail: At level 1, the Abishai chooses which color of abishai it is (from the chromatic dragons- white, black, green, blue, or red). Each is tied to a specific element- white for cold, black for poison, green for acid, blue for electricity, and red for fire. Beginning at level 1, when the abishai deals damage with its tail attack, it deals an additional 1d4 elemental damage, of its chosen element. At level 3 this increases to 1d8 damage, and increases by another 1d8 every 3 levels thereafter (up to 6d8 at level 18.)
    Black, however, applies poison requiring fort save DC (10+1/2 HD+Con mod) dealing 1d3/1d3 con damage with every tail attack. The poison's damage increases at level 3, according to the table:
    {table=head]HD|Initial Damage|Secondary Damage
    3|1d4 Con|1d4 Con
    5|1d4 Con|1d6 Con
    8|1d6 Con|1d6 Con
    11|1d6 Con|1d8 Con
    14|1d8 Con|2d6 Con
    17|2d6 Con|2d6 Con
    20|2d6 Con|3d6 Con[/table]

Enemies immune to poison must still save against the poison, and take hp damage instead of con damage.

Ability Score Increases: The Abishai gains +1 Charisma at levels 1 and 8. Also see Strength of the Dragon.

Devil: The Abishai gains a bonus on saves against poison and resistance to acid, cold and fire to half HD. Red, Blue and White Abishai increase the resistances to their element to equal their HD, Blue gain resistance to electricity equal to 1/2 HD, and Blacks gain immunity to poison. It can also see under any kind of darkness, even deeper darkness, as well as telepathy out to 10' per HD.
    It also gains the evil and lawful subtypes, and its natural attacks and any weapon it wields count as evil and lawful aligned for purposes of bypassing DR.

Lesser Chromatic SLAs: The Abishai gains the ability to cast Command, Charm Person & Disguise Self as SLAs a number of times per day equal to its HD. DCs are (10+1/2HD+Cha).

Strength of the Dragon: At 2nd level and every class level henceforth, the Abishai gains +1 to either strength, constitution or dexterity. It may not gain more than +4 to any of these attributes from this ability.

Arsenal of the Dragon: At 3rd level, the Abishai gains 2 claws dealing 1d4+1/2 str damage and 1 bite dealing 1d6+1/2 str damage, each as secondary natural attacks.

Infernal Summoning: At 4th level, the Cornugon gains the ability to summon its brethren. Once per day the Cornugon can cast Summon Monster II as an SLA, with a duration of 1 minute/level instead of 1 round/level. Every 2 class levels from there on, it progresses to the next summon monster spell, culminating at Summon Monster VIII at level 16. HD outside from Cornugon HD count as 1/2 class levels for this purpose, so with 16 levels of Cornugon and 4 levels of anything else, the Cornugon can get up to Summon Monster IX.
    The Cornugon can only summon LE monsters. It adds white abishai to the list for SMIV, black abishai to the list for SMV, Green Abishai to the list for SMVI, Blue Abishai to the list for SMVII, and Black Abishai to this list for SMVIII.

Skin of the Dragon: At 4th level the Abishai gains DR/Good equal to 1/2 HD and SR 11+HD.

Lingering Damage: At 4th level, creatures struck by the Abishai's sting attack take damage equal to the Abishai's vitriolic tail ability the following round. Victims who failed the first save against the Black Abishai's poison must make their save against the secondary damage 1 round afterwards, as opposed to 10.

Movement of the Dragon: At 5th level the Abishai's ground speed increases to 40', and it gains a fly speed of 50' (poor).

Greater Chromatic SLAs: The Abishai may now cast Scare & Suggestion as SLAs a number of times per day equal to 1/2 its HD.

Power of the Dragon: At 6th level the Abishai gains one of the following abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wings: The Abishai's fly speed increases by 10' for every 2 HD it possesses, and it gains 2 wing attacks dealing 1d4+1/2 str damage.

Spellcasting: The Abishai gains spellcasting as a sorcerer 2 levels lower than its class level. However, it is restricted in its spells known: the first spell they take of every level must either have their chosen element as a descriptor ([fire] for red, [electricity] for blue) or the [evil] or [lawful] descriptors.

Breath Weapon: The Abishai may, once every 1d4 rounds, use a breath weapon as a standard action either in a 60' line or 30' cone. It deals damage equal to twice its vitriolic tail ability.

Mind of the Dragon: The Abishai becomes immune to paralysis or sleep effects, and gains blindsense out to 10'/3 HD.

Regeneration: The Abishai gains Regeneration equal to its HD/3.

Ultimate Chromatic SLAs: At 8th level, the Abishai may now cast Wrack as an SLA a number of times per day equal to 1/4 its HD, and may now cast charm monster instead of charm person.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who's played Planescape: Torment will know these guys. Dragon Demons, essentially. Not much to say, aside from that I'm worried that A: The Black Dragon's poison is too powerful, and B: the spellcasting choice is too powerful.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-08-27 at 07:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Um, the table is messed up. By that I mean you didn't make a proper table for the class but did for the poison.
    Last edited by demidracolich; 2010-08-25 at 08:40 PM.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

DON'T POST HERE PLEASE! I specifically requested for this thread to remain open so I could edit older monsters!

DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE PLEASE!
    Yikes, sorry. I accidentally posted the Abishai on the old thread... and when it actually went through, I was rather confused.
    Might be best to delete that there, as I did with mine.

Um, the table is messed up. By that I mean you didn't make a proper table for the class but did for the poison.
    Always forget to put in the damn [/table] thingy...

14. - Top - End - #44

Weretiger

Spoiler
    Show

Weretiger Prerequisites
    To become a Weretiger, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Weretiger.

HD: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Tiger, Tiger empathy, Lunar body, Tiger Whiskers, Rake

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form (Hybrid), Lunar hide

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | +1 Dex, Bounding Tiger, Growth

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Curse of Lycantropy, Drawing Claws [/table]
    Skills Points at Each Level: (2+Int. Modifier)
    Class Skills: The Weretiger’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: The Weretiger gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Weretiger Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Weretiger.

Lunar Body: The Weretiger retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. It gains Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Weretiger gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Weretiger gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Weretiger gains a Medium Tiger Alternate Form. While in Tiger form, the Weretiger cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw natural attacks that deal 1d4 damage, and a bite natural attack that deals 1d6 damage. While in Tiger form the Weretiger’s movement speeds are set to a 40 feet base land speed.

Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Weretiger has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Weretiger’s Humanoid or Giant form, as well as its Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Weretiger reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Weretiger:

* The Weretiger retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Tiger or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Weretiger gains that subtype as well.
    * The Weretiger loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    * The Weretiger gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Tiger or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    * The Weretiger retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Tiger or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    * The Weretiger retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Tiger or Hybrid Form.
    * The Weretiger gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form as specified. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its Humanoid or Giant form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas. Unlike Other Alternate Forms, The constitution change effects the WereTiger’s Hp score.
    * The Weretiger retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    * Except as described elsewhere, the Weretiger retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    * The Weretiger retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrid may speak and has humanoid enough hands if the Weretiger's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    * The Weretiger is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Tiger or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    * Any gear worn or carried by the Weretiger that can’t be worn or carried in its Tiger or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Weretiger changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Tiger or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

At second level, the Weretiger can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between its Tiger form and its Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Weretiger gains the natural attacks of Tiger form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Weretiger retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Weretiger can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Weretiger, or for every two in another class, the Weretiger's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table] Weretiger Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Strength
    2|+1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    3|+2 Strength, +1 Constitution
    4|+3 Strength, +1 Constitution
    5|+3 Strength, +2 Constitution
    6|+4 Strength, +2 Constitution
    7|+5 Strength, +2 Constitution
    8|+5 Strength, +3 Constitution
    9|+6 Strength, +3 Constitution
    10|+7 Strength, +3 Constitution
    11|+7 Strength, +4 Constitution
    12|+8 Strength, +4 Constitution[/table]

Tiger Empathy: The Weretiger can communicate with Tigers, and other Tiger like Magical Beasts, regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Animals, however the Weretiger gains no such bonus on influencing Magical Beasts.

Tiger Whiskers: Beginning at first level the Weretiger while in Tiger form gains Scent and gains a bonus on all Move Silently checks equal to half its HD. At second level the Weretiger gains the full benefits of Tiger Whiskers regardless of form.

Rake: At first level, While the Weretiger is in Tiger or Hybrid Alternate form it gains a single rake natural attack that deals damage equal to one of its claw attacks.

Lunar Hide At second level, while in either Tiger or Hybrid form, the Weretiger gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Weretiger gains a +1 increase to Dexterity.

Growth: At third level, a Weretiger’s Tiger or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Weretiger chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When A Weretiger changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Lycanthrope gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Weretiger of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Weretiger of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Weretiger of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Bounding Tiger: At third level the Weretiger suffers half damage from all falls, regardless of form. While in Tiger form (and only Tiger form), the Weretiger may make a full attack with its natural weapons at the end of a charge.

Drawing Claws: At fourth level, while in Hybrid form (and only Hybrid form) the Weretiger may draw in opponents into its vicious grip by striking with its claws. In any round where the Weretiger successfully strikes an opponent with both of its claw attacks may attempt to begin a grapple as an immediate action, as with improved grab this does not require an additional touch attack, and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Further, while in Hybrid form the Weretiger may treat one of its claw attacks as a manufactured light weapon for purposes of two-weapon fighting, or iterative attacks.

Curse of Lycanthropy: At fourth level the Weretiger can transmit Lycanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of Medium or Large Size is hit by the Weretiger’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Weretiger’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Lycanthropy. For more information on Lycanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Werelion

Spoiler
    Show

Werelion Prerequisites
    To become a Werelion, the character must meet the following requirements

Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Werelion.

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Lion, Lion empathy, Lunar body, Lion Mane, Rake

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | +1 Str, Roaring, Growth

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Curse of Lycantropy, Overpowering Claws [/table]
    Class Skills: The Werelion’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: The Werelion gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Werelion Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Werelion.

Lunar Body: The Werelion retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. It gains Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Werelion gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Werelion gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Werelion gains a Medium Lion Alternate Form. While in Lion form, the Werelion cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw natural attacks that deal 1d4 damage, and a bite natural attack that deals 1d6 damage. While in Lion form the Werelion’s movement speeds are set to a 40 feet base land speed.

Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Werelion has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Werelion’s Humanoid or Giant form, as well as its Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Werelion reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Werelion:

* The Werelion retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Lion or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Werelion gains that subtype as well.
    * The Werelion loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    * The Werelion gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Lion or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    * The Werelion retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Lion or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    * The Werelion retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Lion or Hybrid Form.
    * The Werelion gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form as specified. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its Humanoid or Giant form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas. Unlike Other Alternate Forms, The constitution change effects the Werelion’s Hp score.
    * The Werelion retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    * Except as described elsewhere, the Werelion retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    * The Werelion retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrid may speak and has humanoid enough hands if the Werelion's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    * The Werelion is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Lion or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    * Any gear worn or carried by the Werelion that can’t be worn or carried in its Lion or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Werelion changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Lion or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

At second level, the Werelion can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between its Lion form and its Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Werelion gains the natural attacks of Lion form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Werelion retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Werelion can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Werelion, or for every two in another class, the Werelion's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table] Werelion Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Strength
    2|+1 Strength, +1 Dexterity
    3|+1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    4|+2 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    5|+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    6|+3 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    7|+3 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    8|+3 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    9|+4 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    10|+4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    11|+5 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    12|+6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution[/table]

Lion Empathy: The Werelion can communicate with Lions, and other Lion like Magical Beasts, regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Animals, however the Werelion gains no such bonus on influencing Magical Beasts.

Lion Mane: Beginning at first level the Werelion while in Lion form gains Scent and gains a bonus on all Intimidate checks (Including checks opposing intimidation) equal to half its HD. At second level the Werelion gains the full benefits of Lion Mane regardless of form.

Rake: At first level, While the Werelion is in Lion or Hybrid Alternate form it gains a single rake natural attack that deals damage equal to one of its claw attacks.

Lunar Hide At second level, while in either Lion or Hybrid form, the Werelion gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Werelion gains a +1 increase to Strength.

Growth: At third level, a Werelion’s Lion or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Werelion chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When A Werelion changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Lycanthrope gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Werelion of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Werelion of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Werelion of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Roaring: At third level the Werelion learns it may play its part extempore, for it is nothing but Roaring. While in Lion form (and only Lion form) the Werelion may let out a Powerful Roar as a move action to demoralize all opponents within a 60ft radius This functions similar to the demoralize function of the Intimidate skill, except all targets that fail their opposed check are Dazed for one round, and then left frightened instead of shaken. Targets that fail their opposed check by 10 or more are stunned for one round, and then panicked rather than frightened. Roaring is a fear effect. The Werelion can use this ability a number of times per day equal to its HD.

Overpowering Claws: At fourth level, while in Hybrid form (and only Hybrid form) the Werelion may charge over obstacles, and no longer needs a clear path to make a charge attack. If the Werelion strikes an opponent with one of its claws at the end of a charge attack it may make a bulrush attempt as an immediate action. Further, while in Hybrid form the Werelion may treat one of its claw attacks as a manufactured light weapon for purposes of two-weapon fighting, or iterative attacks.

Curse of Lycanthropy: At fourth level the Werelion can transmit Lycanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of Medium or Large size is hit by the Werelion’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Werelion’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Lycanthropy. For more information on Lycanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Wereleopard

Spoiler
    Show

Wereleopard Prerequisites
    To become a Wereleopard, the character must meet the following requirements

Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Wereleopard.

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Leopard, Leopard empathy, Lunar body, Leopard Spots, Rake

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | +1 Wis, Rend Attack, Growth

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Curse of Lycantropy, Ambushing Claws [/table]
    Class Skills: The Wereleopard’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: The Wereleopard gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Wereleopard Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Wereleopard.

Lunar Body: The Wereleopard retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. It gains Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Wereleopard gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Wereleopard gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Wereleopard gains a Medium Leopard Alternate Form. While in Leopard form, the Wereleopard cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw natural attacks that deal 1d4 damage, and a bite natural attack that deals 1d6 damage. While in Leopard form the Wereleopard’s movement speeds are set to a 40 feet base land speed.

Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wereleopard has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Wereleopard’s Humanoid or Giant form, as well as its Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Wereleopard reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Wereleopard:

* The Wereleopard retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Leopard or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Wereleopard gains that subtype as well.
    * The Wereleopard loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    * The Wereleopard gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Leopard or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    * The Wereleopard retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Leopard or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    * The Wereleopard retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Leopard or Hybrid Form.
    * The Wereleopard gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form as specified. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its Humanoid or Giant form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas. Unlike Other Alternate Forms, The constitution change effects the Wereleopard’s Hp score.
    * The Wereleopard retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    * Except as described elsewhere, the Wereleopard retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    * The Wereleopard retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrid may speak and has humanoid enough hands if the Wereleopard's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    * The Wereleopard is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Leopard or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    * Any gear worn or carried by the Wereleopard that can’t be worn or carried in its Leopard or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Wereleopard changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Leopard or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

At second level, the Wereleopard can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between its Leopard form and its Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Wereleopard gains the natural attacks of Leopard form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Wereleopard retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

A Wereleopard can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Wereleopard, or for every two in another class, the Wereleopard's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table] Wereleopard Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Strength
    2|+1 Strength, +1 Dexterity
    3|+1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    4|+2 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    5|+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
    6|+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    7|+3 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    8|+3 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    9|+3 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +3 Constitution
    10|+4 Strength, +3 Dexterity, +3 Constitution
    11|+4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +3 Constitution
    12|+4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution[/table]

Leopard Empathy: The Wereleopard can communicate with Leopards, and other Leopard like Magical Beasts, regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Animals, however the Wereleopard gains no such bonus on influencing Magical Beasts.

Leopard Spots: Beginning at first level the Wereleopard while in Leopard form gains Scent and gains a bonus on all Hide checks made within a highly vegetated environment equal to half its HD. At second level the Wereleopard gains the full benefits of Leopard Spots regardless of form.

Rake: At first level, While the Wereleopard is in Leopard or Hybrid Alternate form it gains a single rake natural attack that deals damage equal to one of its claw attacks.

Lunar Hide At second level, while in either Leopard or Hybrid form, the Wereleopard gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Wereleopard gains a +1 increase to Strength.

Growth: At third level, a Wereleopard’s Leopard or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Wereleopard chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When A Wereleopard changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Lycanthrope gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Wereleopard of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereleopard of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereleopard of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Rend Attack: At third level the Wereleopard suffers half damage from all falls, regardless of form. While in Leopard form (and only Leopard form), if it strikes with both of its claw attacks, it may make an immediate rend attack that deals damage equal to both of its claws’ base damages +1.5 strength damage.

Ambushing Claws: At fourth level, while in Hybrid form (and only Hybrid form) the Wereleopard may draw in opponents into its vicious grip by striking with its claws. In any round where the Wereleopard successfully strikes an opponent with both of its claw attacks may attempt to begin a grapple as an immediate action, as with improved grab this does not require an additional touch attack, and does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Further, while in Hybrid form the Wereleopard may treat one of its claw attacks as a manufactured light weapon for purposes of two-weapon fighting, or iterative attacks.

Curse of Lycanthropy: At fourth level the Wereleopard can transmit Lycanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of Medium or Large size is hit by the Wereleopard’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Wereleopard’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Lycanthropy. For more information on Lycanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Werecheetah

Spoiler
    Show

Werecheetah Prerequisites
    To become a Werecheetah, the character must meet the following requirements

Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Werecheetah.

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Cheetah, Cheetah empathy, Lunar body, Cheetah Whiskers, Cheetah Stamina

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | +1 Wis, Cheetah Rush, Growth

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Curse of Lycantropy, Swift Claws [/table]
    Class Skills: The Werecheetah’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: The Werecheetah gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Werecheetah Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Werecheetah.

Lunar Body: The Werecheetah retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. It gains Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Werecheetah gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Werecheetah gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Werecheetah gains a Medium Cheetah Alternate Form. While in Cheetah form, the Werecheetah cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw natural attacks that deal 1d4 damage, and a bite natural attack that deals 1d6 damage. While in Cheetah form the Werecheetah’s movement speeds are set to a 60 feet base land speed.

Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Werecheetah has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Werecheetah’s Humanoid or Giant form, as well as its Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Werecheetah reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Werecheetah:

* The Werecheetah retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Cheetah or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Werecheetah gains that subtype as well.
    * The Werecheetah loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    * The Werecheetah gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Cheetah or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    * The Werecheetah retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Cheetah or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    * The Werecheetah retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Cheetah or Hybrid Form.
    * The Werecheetah gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form as specified. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its Humanoid or Giant form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas. Unlike Other Alternate Forms, The constitution change effects the Werecheetah’s Hp score.
    * The Werecheetah retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    * Except as described elsewhere, the Werecheetah retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    * The Werecheetah retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrid may speak and has humanoid enough hands if the Werecheetah's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    * The Werecheetah is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Cheetah or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    * Any gear worn or carried by the Werecheetah that can’t be worn or carried in its Cheetah or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Werecheetah changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Cheetah or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

At second level, the Werecheetah can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between its Cheetah form and its Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Werecheetah gains the natural attacks of Cheetah form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Werecheetah retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

A Werecheetah can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Werecheetah, or for every two in another class, the Werecheetah's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table] Werecheetah Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Dexterity
    2|+2 Dexterity,
    3|+2 Dexterity, +1 Strength
    4|+3 Dexterity, +1 Strength,
    5|+4 Dexterity, +1 Strength
    6|+4 Dexterity, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    7|+5 Dexterity, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    8|+6 Dexterity, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    9|+6 Dexterity, +2 Strength, +1 Constitution
    10|+7 Dexterity, +2 Strength, +1 Constitution
    11|+7 Dexterity, +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
    12|+8 Dexterity, +4 Strength, +4 Constitution[/table]

Cheetah Empathy: The Werecheetah can communicate with Cheetahs, and other Cheetah like Magical Beasts, regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Animals, however the Werecheetah gains no such bonus on influencing Magical Beasts.

Cheetah Whiskers: Beginning at first level the Werecheetah while in Cheetah form gains Scent and gains a bonus on all Move Silently equal to half its HD. At second level the Werecheetah gains the full benefits of Cheetah Whiskers regardless of form.

Cheetah Stamina: At first level, While the Werecheetah is in Cheetah or Hybrid Alternate form it may run for four times as long before needing to rest, or suffering from fatigue or exhaustion.

Lunar Hide At second level, while in either Cheetah or Hybrid form, the Werecheetah gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Werecheetah gains a +1 increase to Strength.

Growth: At third level, a Werecheetah’s Cheetah or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Werecheetah chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When A Werecheetah changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Lycanthrope gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Werecheetah of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Werecheetah of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Werecheetah of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Cheetah Rush: At third level the Werecheetah suffers half damage from all falls, regardless of form. While in Cheetah form (and only Cheetah form), the Werecheetah may move ten times its normal speed as a full round action, 1/hour. She also may charge ten times her normal land speed, instead of the normal 2 times, 1/minute. She may use either of these abilities a number of times per day equal to her HD.

Swift Claws: At fourth level, while in Hybrid form (and only Hybrid form) the Werecheetah’s claws flash and dance at a deadly pace, when making a full-attack action with both of its claws the Werecheetah gains an additional attack at full base attack bonus with one of its claws. At 11 HD this increases to 2 additional claw attacks. Further, while in Hybrid form the Werecheetah may treat one of its claw attacks as a manufactured light weapon for purposes of two-weapon fighting, or iterative attacks.

Curse of Lycanthropy: At fourth level the Werecheetah can transmit Lycanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of Medium or Large size is hit by the Werecheetah’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Werecheetah’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Lycanthropy. For more information on Lycanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

A Chump’s Twopence:
    Spoiler
    Show

Wereshark and Wereweasel under construction, and liable for relocation.

Weretiger
    Weaker Improved Grab needed more, so I added in a Tiger-paw off weapon.
    Gives a lot of options for combat, and mutliclassing.
    Underlines are correlated to make sure there is no confusion.
    Based on the Tiger

Werelion
    Some Midsummer Jokes, because it is hard not to. (And I don’t think I will be building a Weredonkey any time soon)
    I liked the offhand claw weapon, so I’ll probably give it to all Hybrid Cats.
    Not as Strong as the Tiger (Physical Abilitywise) but a beast all the same.
    Based on the Lion

Wereleopard
    Feels vanilla.
    I’m not great with Leopards.
    I’ve never much cared for them.
    Ideas on this guy?
    Maybe Give them Sneaky Lycan stats and a Shrinking?
    Based on the Leopard
    Uhm… that’s a leopard woman… I think… in the image.

Werecheetah
    WEEEEEEEE MOVEMENT SPEED!
    Uhm, I may be superwrong, IRLwise, giving the Cheetah
    Running endurance, they may be fast for short bursts.
    But fanstasywise, Cheetahs are runners dangit! (In all seriousness if this is wrong let me know.)
    The Swiftclaw attack is based on a Monk’s Flurry attack, but I didn’t want to incorporate the -2 to attack. If it really is a problem, I’d rather make the Werecheetah a Sneaky Lycan.
    Based on the Cheetah
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-11-29 at 02:19 PM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    The vaguely Scorpion-like demon thing with three mouths and lotsa spikes?
    that's the one. i always thought that they were rather cool, and reynolds' illustration is sweet.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm not going to have the time to finish the mist dragon any time soon. Anybody want to work off what I currently have?

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Mist dragon body, Arcane blood, Mist form
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Steaming Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3| Blindsense 60 feat ,
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Wings, Mist dragon SLAs +1 Charisma
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Sickening breath
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Mist dragon SLAs +1 Charisma
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Growth, Tail slap, Mist Dragon SLAs, +1 Charisma
    9| +9| +6|+3| +6|
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 |
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 |
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Frightful presence, Growth, crush., Mist dragon SLAs.+1 Charisma
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8|, Misty scales
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Mist Dragon SLAs +1 Charisma
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9|
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10|
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 |
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 |
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11|
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Storm of vengeance

[/TABLE]
    4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, climb, jump, spot, listen, appraise, bluff, intimidate, Knowledge(any), spellcraft.

Proficiencies: a Mist dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Mist dragon Body:
    The Mist dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, Water subtype, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 base speed (This applies to both land and swim speeds., medium size. The Mist dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Mist dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever Mist dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The Mist dragon gains resistance to fire and acid equal to it's HD.

Arcane Blood:
    A Mist dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorcerer and takes his spells known from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

If it multi-classes as a bard it's spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If it multi-classes as a sorcerer it counts as already having sorcerer casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorcerer casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as already having 1 level of sorcerer and gains the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spell knowns from the 1st level of sorcerer He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as having 14 levels of sorcerer(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gets from level 1 to 13, nor the familiar ability

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorcerer

If a dragon takes a casting PRC, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorcerer So a dragon 10/loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorcerer (he would still receive spell slots and spells knowns from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spell knowns from a sorcerer 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Mist form(Su): A Mist dragon can assume the form of mist. The dragon can do this a number of times per day equal to its hit dice but it can remain in this form indefinitely. The dragon loses its natural armor bonus, cannot use its natural or breath weapons, and moves at half its fly speed at perfect maneuverability. In addition to this, the Dragon is still capable of casting spells or SLAs, and gains total concealment when hiding amongst mist or fog. Ending this effect is a standard action.

Keen senses:The Mist dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has dark-vision out to 120 feet.

Scalding Breath:
    Cone 30 foot dealing 1d6 fire damage/HD with DC ref of 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier for half every 1d4 turns. Cone increases by 5 foot with each extra HD the player takes from here.

Blindsense:
    as the normal ability, range 60 feat.

Wings:
    The Mist dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 feat per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturally, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps(stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural attack dealing 1d4 damage.

Mist dragon SLAs. The Mist Dragon can now cast the following SLAs at the following levels. Gust of wind and Fog cloud 1/day for each HD at 4th level, Wind wall and sleet storm 1/day for every 2 HD at 6th level, Solid fog 1/day for every 3 HD at 8th level, control water 1/day for every 4 HD at 12th level, and Control weather 1/day for every 5 HD at 14th level.

Sickening Breath: The Mist dragon obtains a second, separate, breath weapon. At level 5 the Dragon gains a line of sickening slime for a breath weapon. Any creature hit by the breath weapon is sickened for a number of rounds equal to the dragon's hit dice. (So, it's a Vomit based breath weapon?

Growth:
    At 8h level the Mist dragon grows to large size, At 12th level the Mist dragon grows to huge size and at 19th it grows to Gargantuan size.
    His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonuses or penalties.

Tail slap:
    The Mist dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in account large size).

Misty scales:
    The Mist dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD and SR equal to his HD+11.

Crush:
    The dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in account huge size
    Spoiler
    Show
    This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

frightful presence:
    The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Storm of vengeance: At 20th level the Mist dragon can now use this ability as an SLA 1/day for each 5 HD it has.

EDIT: I also can't think of anything else to add to the Styx dragon. If somebody else wants to finish it that's fine.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-08-25 at 10:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Gorgondantess:You list no saves for any of your abilities. Also yes the poison damage is damn strong.

Lingering damage poorly worded about the poison.

Also yes the sorceror casting option kinda too strong, perhaps make them need to take half their spell knowns as spells of their element?

Otherwise good job, another devil for world conquest the collection!

ChumpLump:
    Crunch wise those look good, but the tables are messed up and you say werewolf at the size increase at level 20.

Also why do you say those classes should be 6 or even higher levels long? The weretiger is just La+3.

18. - Top - End - #48

Tsochar(LoM pg. 121)

CLASS
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Die: d8

TSOCHAR
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Parasitic Body, Alien Mind, +1 Int

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Improved Grab, +1 Dex

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Wear Flesh, +1 Int

4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Alien Flesh, Constrict, Poison, +1 Dex[/table]

Class Skills: ((6 + Int. Modifier) x 4 at first level) A Tsochar’s class skills are Climb, Concentration, Bluff, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Move Silently, Search, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device.

Class Features
    Proficiencies: Tsochari are proficient only with their own natural weapons.

Parasitic Body: At first level, a Tsochar loses all racial bonuses, traits, and abilities and gains aberration traits (essentially darkvision 60ft.). Tsochari are small aberrations with the shapechanger subtype. They can slither along the ground at a speed of 20ft. and they have a climb speed equal to their land speed. Having a climb speed mean that a Tsochar receives a +8 racial bonus to all climb checks and always take 10 on climb checks even when rushed or threatened. Additionally, Tsochari may use their dexterity modifiers in place of their strength modifiers when making climb checks. At first level, Tsochari have two natural tentacle attacks that deal 1d4+Str damage each and have 10 foot reach. A Tsochar gains an additional tentacle attack for every 2 HD it possesses. These tentacles are equipped with sharp barbs. These tentacles do allow the Tsochari to wield weapons and manipulate objects normally. Tsochari speak their own language and common, and may speak an additional language for every point of their intelligence modifier.

Lastly, a Tsochar receives a bonus to its armor class equal to its constitution score in the form of a natural armor bonus.

Alien Mind (Ex): A Tsochar can speak telepathically with any creature that has a language within 10ft. The range of this ability increases by an additional 10ft, for every 2 HD the Tsochar gains after the first.

If it multiclasses for an arcane/divince class it can count Tsochar levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a Tsochar 3 who took 1 level of sorceror could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. It wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a sorceror 3 however. It would get the familiar ability, but succubus levels wouldn't count for it.

Ability Increases: A Tsochar receives a permanent increase to its Intelligence score at each odd numbered Tsochar level as well as a permanent increase to its dexterity score at each even numbered Tsochar level. At 4th level, assuming the Tsochar has taken all 4 levels available, the increases total at +2 Intelligence and +2 Dexterity.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Tsochar must hit with two tentacle attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. Additionally, Tsochari receive a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks and may use their Dex modifier instead of their Str modifier on grapple checks.

Wear Flesh (Ex): A Tsochar can bore its way into a helpless living creature’s body, slipping its ropy tendrils into the spaces between organs and muscles and disappearing into the victim. The victim must be the same size as the Tsochar or larger, and the process requires 1 minute. The Tsochar can choose to replace or inhabit the victim (see below). Incorporeal creatures and constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead are immune to this ability. A Tsochar can abandon a body it has inhabited or replaced with a full-round action that deals 3d6 points of damage to the host. A Tsochar can be forced to abandon the body by a remove disease or dispel evil spell (the caster must succeed on a caster level check (DC = 10 + the Tsochar's HD + the Tsochar's intelligence modifier) to expel the monster, which deals damage as described above) or a heal or limited wish spell (which automatically succeeds and causes no damage to the host).

Inhabit: The Tsochar leaves its victim alive and aware. Any time it cares to, it can inflict indescribable agony on its host as a standard action, dealing up to 1d6 for every 2 HD the Tsochar possesses or as little as 1d6 points of damage and requiring the host to succeed on a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the Tsochar's HD + the Tsochar's intelligence modifier) or be nauseated by the pain for 2d4 rounds. The Tsochar chooses how much damage it deals with this attack. The Tsochar can take no physical actions while inhabiting a host, but it can use purely mental actions (such as communicating with its host by means of its telepathy power and threatening to injure or kill the host unless the host does as the monster wishes). When the host takes damage (other than damage the Tsochar inflicts on it), the inhabiting Tsochar takes half that damage. For example, if the host takes 28 points of cold damage from a cone of cold spell, the Tsochar takes 14 points of cold damage. A Tsochar inhabiting a humanoid’s body feeds on the creature’s blood and tissues, dealing 1d3 points of Constitution damage per day. A successful Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the Tsochar's HD + the Tsochar's constitution modifier) reduces this damage by half. Over the course of days, frail humanoids carrying Tsochari sicken and die, although Tsochari are clever enough to direct their hosts to acquire curative magic to keep themselves alive indefinitely, if the situation calls for it.

Replace: The Tsochar bores out the victim’s nervous system, killing the victim. It then animates the body, effectively acting as the nervous system of the dead host. The body remains alive, hosting the Tsochar. This functions like a polymorph spell into the victim’s exact form, except that the Tsochar can remain in the victim’s form for up to a year, and it leaves the victim’s corpse behind when it chooses to end the effect. The Tsochar uses the victim’s physical ability scores in place of its own, as described by polymorph. The Tsochar can remain in this form indefinitely, but once it abandons the form, it cannot reanimate the body. Tsochari that have replaced a humanoid slowly devour their new shell from the inside out. A replaced body takes 1d4 points of Constitution drain per month, which does not heal naturally and can be restored only by magical means. A successful Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the Tsochar's HD + the Tsochar's constitution modifier) reduces this damage by half. Naturally, Tsochari imposters choose to abandon bodies they have replaced before they become too weak to be serviceable.

Aditionally, A Tsochar that replaces a spellcaster retains any arcane spells prepared by the dead character, and can cast them as if it had prepared the spells itself. The Tsochar must meet the minimum ability score needed to cast the spell based on the type of caster replaced (Intelligence for a wizard, for example), or else the spell is unavailable to it. If the Tsochar replaces a spontaneous caster such as a sorcerer, it retains the available spell slots of the dead spellcaster, and can use any spells the dead host knew. In either case, the Tsochar cannot regain spells or spell slots it expends from the dead character’s spellcasting ability.

Alien Flesh (Ex): Despite a Tsochar’s frail and squishy appearance, their aberrant flesh is actually quite resistant to damage. At 4th level, the Tsochar gains damage reduction equal to ½ half its HD. This DR is penetrated by adamantine. The Tsochar also gains spell resistance equal to its HD + 11 and a resistance to cold damage equal to its HD.

Constrict (Ex): A Tsochar deals 2d4+2 points of damage with a successful grapple check. When a Tsochar deals damage by means of its constrict attack, it injects its victim with poison.

Poison(Ex):the Tsochar begins to produce a potent poison and may deliver this poison whenever it deals damage with his constrict attack. This poison deals 1d3 Dex damage as its initial and secondary damage. A successful fortitude save (DC = 10 + ½ the Tsochar’s HD + the Tsochar’s Constitution Modifier) negates the poison. The damage die increases one size category for every two extra HD from now on.

STUFF
    Spoiler
    Show

Original
    OK, here it is ready for your judgement. I'm going to be honest, I am dead tired and it will probably show in the class. Good Night.

My comments
    A nice job but lacking on several parts so I tweaked it myself. The Tsochar now gains extra tentacles faster, can use Dex modifier for grapple checks, gained pseudo-spellcaster, corrected the poison (it dealt just normal damage instead of Dex before), made it scale and increased the HD since only fullpower casters should be reduced to d4.

The Tsochar starts as a tentacled skill monkey, slow but able to climb, and then evolves into a solid grappler. At third level it finally gains it's main ability, to enter other creatures and make them do it's bidding while eating them from inside. 4th level adds DR, SR and poison, always nice stuff to have.

If you feel like playing a wearer of flesh, the Tsochar's for you!

Done by AustontheGreat1, tweaked by me.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-26 at 05:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Gorgondantess:You list no saves for any of your abilities.
    What saves? SLA and poison damage are standardized. Other than that, nothing else requires saves (the breath weapon would be too weak if it offered one).
    Also yes the poison damage is damn strong.
    Yeah, I just copied it from the Wyvern's table. For now, I'll increase all of the upgrades by one level, though I'm thinking of just giving the black dragon negative energy damage (black and all that) and just no extra resistances.

Lingering damage poorly worded about the poison.
    Yeah, I'm bad at wording things, sometimes. How would you word it?
    Looking back over it, yeah, that was just me being lazy. Reworded.

Also yes the sorceror casting option kinda too strong, perhaps make them need to take half their spell knowns as spells of their element?
    Hmmm... I think I'll just make that as 1 spell/level- with sorcerer casting, that's really crippling.
    Fixed, by the by.

Anyways, I'll have the marraenoloth up by tonight!
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-08-26 at 10:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

What saves? SLA and poison damage are standardized.
    What standardization for SLAs and poison damage? Every monster uses diferent stats for those, plus it isn't on the first post. Don't be lazy.

Hmmm... I think I'll just make that as 1 spell/level- with sorcerer casting, that's really crippling.
    Sounds good. But clarify that it's the lower level spell that it's lost.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

What standardization for SLAs and poison damage? Every monster uses diferent stats for those, plus it isn't on the first post. Don't be lazy.
    Poison is always (10+1/2 HD+Con mod). SLAs are always (10+1/2 HD+Con mod), and I know I didn't put that in on some of my more recent entries. Though I suppose that's a good point on the poison, so I put that in.

22. - Top - End - #52

Like, no. We have SLAs based on pretty much all stats.

But you do make a good point. Go put the proper DCs on your horned devil and other monster classes that have been slipping under my radar. The lizarfolk has them.

23. - Top - End - #53

SamuraiGuy

I just wanted to say, that you and your compatriots are awesome for doing this Oslecamo. In the many games I have been in, in the past, (DM or otherwise) The players that chose to play radically different PCs from the norm usually ended up too weak in comparison to the players playing base races, which then put the strain on actually RPing when trying to play.
    Benedictus, Venit in Nomine, in Nomine, Domini, Hossanna in Excelsis........

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Would anyone be willing to take a go at the Roving Mauler from Tome of Magic? Yes I know it's a lion shaped like a wheel, but I want to be able to play one, don't judge me

Edit: Sorry for te double post, I assumed someone woul post between me starting and finishing the Pseudodragon.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-08-26 at 02:05 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Pseudodragon

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: d12

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+0|+2|+2|Demi-Dragon Body, Poison, Telepathy, Blindsense, Advancement[/table]

Class Skills: (6+Int Mod, x4 at 1st level) Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Hide, Know (Arcana), Know (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Spellcraft, Survival

Proficiencies: Pseudodragons are proficient with their own natural attacks.

Class Features:

Demi-Dragon Body: A Pseudodragon loses all Racial Traits & Features and gains the Dragon type, including all Traits determined by that.
    The Pseudodragon is small size with a land speed of 20ft.
    It gains a primary tail sting attack that deals 1d4+Str damage & Poison (see below), and a secondary bite attack that deals 1+1/2Str damage.
    The Pseudodragon gains a Natural Armour bonus equal to it's Con Modifier and a racial Hide bonus of +2, or +4 if hiding in a forest or overgrown trees.

Poison: When the Pseudodragon successfully hits an opponent with it's tail sting it injects them with it's Poison. If the opponent fails a Fort Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con Mod) it falls asleep for 1 round/HD, and take a -1 to all attack rolls, Saves, skill checks and ability checks for 1d3 hours.
    It may use the poison as often as it likes, but only 1/round.

Blindsense: A pseudodragon can locate creatures within the range of it's Telepathy (though the two abilites are not connected) by nonvisual means (mostly hearing and scent, but also by noticing vibration and other environmental clues). Opponents the pseudodragon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the pseudodragon.

Telepathy: A Pseudodragon may communicate telepathically with any creature that can speak Common or Sylvan and is within 10ft/HD.

Advancement: When a Pseudodragon hits 4HD it gains the Slight Build ability; whenever it would be beneficial it is treated as being Tiny sized rather than small. This change modifies it's lifestyle: it's land speed drops to 15ft but it gains a fly speed of 30ft (average), which increases by 5ft/2HD & becomes Good Maneouverability at 10HD. It's tail retains a reach of 5ft despite it's pseudo-reduced size. It's poison Save DC gains a +2 racial bonus and it's racial hide bonus increases to +4/+8.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And that is my take on the Pseudodragon. Please be gentle, it's my first try.

First let me say that spacing stuff out was because I'm assuming all they get is too good for a Level 1 character, if I was wrong then let me know. I picked 4HD out of the air so that's easily changed.

The size thing is because again I assumed that anything outside the normal s/m/l would be too much for a level 1 character.

I changed the Telepathy & Poison to scale, modifying the effect because I wanted to, again that was pretty much out of the air.

Dunno if Blindsense is supposed to scale, I not I'll fix that.

But yeah, I like Pseudodragons and i like this thread, hope I did neither too much of a disservice.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-02-15 at 03:26 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Like, no. We have SLAs based on pretty much all stats.
    Do we now? I'd never noticed anything along those lines. Other abilities, yes, but not SLAs.

But you do make a good point. Go put the proper DCs on your horned devil and other monster classes that have been slipping under my radar. The lizarfolk has them.
    Righto.
    Also, the reptilians don't have SLAs, so that's why I put in DCs.

27. - Top - End - #57

Do we now? I'd never noticed anything along those lines. Other abilities, yes, but not SLAs.
    Ok, you're kinda scaring me here. The red dragon has Cha-based SLAs. The eladrin has Cha-based SLAs. The gloom has Int-based SLAs.

Now to review the pseudodragon.

28. - Top - End - #58

It's usually 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod, not Con mod, anyway.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Just wondering, but how come the Brain In a Jar doesn't have the "can count levels as a psionic class for CL and powers known and per day" thing? I kinda assumed it did, until I looked closer.

Also, how would a Brain In a Jar cast/manifest things with verbal or somatic components? Or would it simply not be able to?

I ask this because some other weirdly-shaped beasties that would naturally become casters, like the Beholder, have a little paragraph explaining how they cast. (It's in the Beholder Mage class description actually, but still.)
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

30. - Top - End - #60

For the pseudodragon, you should mention that the tail still has a reach of 5ft when it becomes tiny sized because thats what the actual pseudodragon has.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7