New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Done and Done.
    Looks much better now, but still has several empty levels. Your changelog shows some abilities that you seem to have added and then removed imediatily. Maybe you could use them to fill the higher levels?

The Tygre:
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess
    @Oslecamo: It's Movanic Deva, not Monavic.
    Fixed, thanks for pointing it out, I always seem to get that name wrong.

monkman:Well, for filling the dead levels you'll need some custom abilities, so good time to use your imagination. I advise you to checking the giants for some great ideas there that you can convert for the Goristo.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

i added trample,dr, and a movement speed for the size increase but i still need 2 abilities. a lv 11 and a lv 13.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

I'm withdrawing from this thread as well. I don't feel like I've done much, What I did do you retconned, and I don't like the way you treated Gorgondantess.

Bye.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-29 at 07:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #604

I'm withdrawing from this thread as well. I don't feel like I've done much, What I did do you retconned, and I don't like the way you treated Gorgondantess.
    Sorry to see another one go, but it seems that people forget that this is Oslecamo's project, and he asked for help. We are helping him if we post here, not Showcasing out own creations. Thus if he wants the subject to be edited or changed, that's his prerogative. If you want complete artistic freedom and the ability to implement your own philosophy of homebrew, you can always start your own thread for that sort of thing. I personally think that any race should have a base to it, and then the levels should be a paragon sort of situation, but this is not my own project.

In any event, the Living Spell is updated again. Anyone know where to find general rules for 'Engulf' attacks?
    Come with me, time out of mind...

5. - Top - End - #605

If you want complete artistic freedom and the ability to implement your own philosophy of homebrew, you can always start your own thread for that sort of thing.
    This. I really don't understand why the ones who seem to disagree with my philosophies so strongly just don't start their own threads. New fighter fixes appear every other week on the homebrw section and nobody complains about that.

I personally think that any race should have a base to it, and then the levels should be a paragon sort of situation, but this is not my own project.
    Out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by this?

In any event, the Living Spell is updated again.
    Looking good.

Anyone know where to find general rules for 'Engulf' attacks?
    Not that I know off, but you seem to have made a little misunderstanding.

The -20 to grapple is applied to monsters who use a single limb to grapple their oponent, so they aren't considered grappled themselves. And for those who can do it it's always clearly stated the -20 penalty on the ability text.

Engulf is diferent and as far as I know doesn't impose such penalty. Heck the gelatinous cube would be a pretty weak oponent if it had a -20 penalty to grapples.

So this leaves a couple empty levels to fill, for wich I would sugest an "eat spell" ability, allowing the living spell to munch ongoing magic effects.

Now that I think about it scaling blindsense would be nice too, otherwise it will have somewhat trouble hiting oponents at range with cast self.

monkman: DR for devils is usualy /silver and good, and DR here is usualy equal to half your HD, but since the Goristo is a higher level monster you can give him "Improved" DR at higher levels to upgrade it to equal to HD.

Also SR here is 11+HD.

I would then give some kind of "roar" ability at the final level for scaring/stunning/damaging oponents.

Also either reduce the Bab to medium or half the Str progression. It hits too hard right now.

6. - Top - End - #606

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by this?
    This project closely, and often times more skillfully, mirrors one I am currently working on for my own use. I
    was inspired by the Tome of Necromancy's Vampires, that have a LA+0 modification, and a Paragon Like Class.
    So every race that I work on in my own project has a base race, that can jump into any class without taking a 1rst level in a monstrous class.
    Truthfully, there is very little difference between some of the base races, especially the more powerful ones (The Greater Demon and Greater Devil base races are very similar, and rather bland.)

Anyhow, I added a Consume magic effect, but I am concerned it may be too powerful, perhaps limit it to functioning on Spells and Ongoing effects similar to the Schools or Descriptors of its anima?

7. - Top - End - #607

I was inspired by the Tome of Necromancy's Vampires, that have a LA+0 modification, and a Paragon Like Class.
    They're broken even by tome standards. You gain very nice stuff in return for some very easily ignoreable drawbacks.

Truthfully, there is very little difference between some of the base races, especially the more powerful ones (The Greater Demon and Greater Devil base races are very similar, and rather bland.)
    There was another person here who sugested to make a base race for each monster (and the blink dog actualy has it), but I refused that for that very reason. There's just so many variety you can put into base races from similar monsters.

Anyhow, I added a Consume magic effect, but I am concerned it may be too powerful, perhaps limit it to functioning on Spells and Ongoing effects similar to the Schools or Descriptors of its anima?
    I would say it would get too weak then, so at least make it a standard action and allow for the consumption of multiple spells with the same descriptor.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-30 at 12:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    They're broken even by tome standards. You gain very nice stuff in return for some very easily ignoreable drawbacks.
    Right you are, but I liked the concept. I have made my own vampire templates (3, loosely based off of VtM) with less ignoreable drawbacks.

There was another person here who sugested to make a base race for each monster (and the blink dog actualy has it), but I refused that for that very reason. There's just so many variety you can put into base races from similar monsters.
    I noticed, and it is taxing my creativity, however I enjoy finding the little 'flavor' bonuses I can offer the base races. And to be honest, some races have the same base race, and develop into different end products through different classes.

I would say it would get too weak then, so at least make it a standard action and allow for the consumption of multiple spells with the same descriptor.
    Good call. Done.

9. - Top - End - #609

Roar a goristro's roar cause XdX sonic damage to enemies. the enemies must allows make a will save equal to 10+1/HD+ Xstat.If lower then half the goristro's HD, if the enemy fail's he is panicked,if they succed , they are shaken. If a enemy of more then half the goristro's HD fails, they are shaken, If they succed nothing happens. this only affect's enemies.

Please put numbers for those stats and should he grow untill gargatuan?
    i aslo edited the Dr,strenght bonus and the SR
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Oslecamo was banned, new thread.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

You seem to have lost the link to my Beholder as I can't see it on page 1.

I found it on page 19 (after much searching): list not very comprehensive is missing stuff.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...142724&page=19

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Wrong thread, bub.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Pixie in the Playground

I realize I'm extremely late to the thread and I apologize for that, but if you are still active I'd like to ask you to create one more PC, the astral stalker please.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DucklyQuackers View Post
    I realize I'm extremely late to the thread and I apologize for that, but if you are still active I'd like to ask you to create one more PC, the astral stalker please.
    Wow yeah that's some necroing. For one thing, OP got banned here, and the follow-on community threads eventually got nuked because drama. Oslecamo jumped ship to over here, where it turns out there actually is an astral stalker class. Figured I'd be helpful before the rapid locking.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, I'm new to Giant in the Playground, but have been using the Improved Monster Classes for a while now. Currently, I'm thinking of running a game for a group of friends where they are all heavenly warriors (Archons, Angels, ETC.) And, one of them wants to play a Trumpet Archon. So, this is a request for said creature. Thank you in advance.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zainewmoon View Post
    Hello, I'm new to Giant in the Playground, but have been using the Improved Monster Classes for a while now. Currently, I'm thinking of running a game for a group of friends where they are all heavenly warriors (Archons, Angels, ETC.) And, one of them wants to play a Trumpet Archon. So, this is a request for said creature. Thank you in advance.
    Hi Zaine, check out the post just above yours for more info about the situation. Due to forum rules this post will likely get locked soon. You may have better luck asking in a Request a Homebrew thread. Alternatively, here is the other forum that oslecamo is (was?) active on:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=270.0

You can try him there. Good luck.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.