New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Undead Buffs

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Undead Buffs

Just looking for a collection of feats that one can use to buff summoned/raised undead. Already looking at the ones from Libris Mortis, but I'm sure there's got to be a ton more. In particular I'd like to know if there's ways increasing the number of HD my Necromancer can control.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Undead Buffs

Deathbound domain power, and finding ways to increase your effective rebuking level if you're a cleric.

A buff I like to use is stone bones... which I think is in the SpC. Awaken undead is also something to look at, assuming your DM is willing to deal with intelligent undead following you around.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Deathbound domain power, and finding ways to increase your effective rebuking level if you're a cleric.

A buff I like to use is stone bones... which I think is in the SpC. Awaken undead is also something to look at, assuming your DM is willing to deal with intelligent undead following you around.
    I think there's also a spell in SpC that can give your undead the Fiendish template. Can't remember the name though.

4. - Top - End - #4

HalflingRogueGuy

SpC is Spell Compendium, right?
    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

What is best in life?
    To win initiative, to roll natural 20s, and to hear the lamentations of the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    And in reality, a golem made out of neutronium would...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    I think there's also a spell in SpC that can give your undead the Fiendish template. Can't remember the name though.
    Vile Death, iirc

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobSutan View Post
    SpC is Spell Compendium, right?
    Usually. There's always Desecrate for a simple boost. The Corpsecrafter feats in Libris Mortis all apply when you make the undead in the first place.

If you're making a brand-new character, and you just want tons of tough undead, then you might consider the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror), as it gives class-based bonuses to creating undead, and gives an increased control cap.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2010-08-26 at 07:21 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

7. - Top - End - #7

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Usually. There's always Desecrate for a simple boost. The Corpsecrafter feats in Libris Mortis all apply when you make the undead in the first place.

If you're making a brand-new character, and you just want tons of tough undead, then you might consider the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror), as it gives class-based bonuses to creating undead, and gives an increased control cap.
    You just described my PC:

Dread Necro w/ Corpsecrafter. About to take Spell Focus: Necromancy, and then was thinking Fell Weaken followed by Fell Drain. May hold off on the last two if I can find feats specifically for boosting my undead & controlling abilities.
    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

What is best in life?
    To win initiative, to roll natural 20s, and to hear the lamentations of the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    And in reality, a golem made out of neutronium would...