Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    Very rarely, when an Elf is born, a genetic defect will cause them to have skin the color of a glistening ruby. This confers many unique advantages, but they are often shunned by others of their race. They are very tribal, wearing body paint and usually going barefoot, to the point that they are better off not wearing shoes due to their special training.

    Size: Medium
    Ability Adjustments: +2 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha, -4 Wis. Ruby Elves are considered very beautiful by many, and that translates to better relations with others. They are also even more dexterous than normal elves. However, they are very sensitive to mental attack.
    Natural Armor: +1
    Low-Light Vision
    Proficient with the longsword, shortsword, longbow, and shortbow
    If a spellcasting class, learns one additional spell at each odd level
    -2 on Hide checks, +2 on Move Silently checks. Ruby Elves are easily spotted due to their unusual skin color, but can easily slip through unheard.
    Base land speed 30 ft.
    If not wearing footwear, a +2 dodge bonus to AC. This bonus is lost any time the Ruby Elf would lose his Dexterity bonus.
    Favored Class: Sorcerer
    LA: +1
    Last edited by dragonsamurai77; 2010-08-28 at 11:28 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    If LA buyoff is allowed (or maybe even if it isn't), this is hands-down the very best Sorcerer race. 20 extra spells alone is probably worth 1 or 2 points of LA, and the added Dex and Cha is icing. The weak Wisdom is compensated for by a good Will save.

    I'd either tone it down or up the LA.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC
    Avatar by Tiger Duck

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwer View Post
    If LA buyoff is allowed (or maybe even if it isn't), this is hands-down the very best Sorcerer race. 20 extra spells alone is probably worth 1 or 2 points of LA, and the added Dex and Cha is icing. The weak Wisdom is compensated for by a good Will save.

    I'd either tone it down or up the LA.
    Every other level, maybe?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned
     
    Milskidasith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    Every other level, maybe?
    Giving spells known as a racial feature at all is not something that should really be done. Ten new spells is still enough I'd take an LA race for it; it's kind of like Sand Shaper, but easier to qualify for with some other goodies on the first level.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Andion Isurand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tintageer Terrace
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    You could make a Rubyskin template for this...

    +2 str, +2 dex, -4 wis, +2 cha
    Natural armor improves by +1.
    -2 racial penalty on Hide checks.
    +2 racial bonus on Move Silenelty checks.
    +1 dodge bonus to AC.
    Gain bonus spells per day as though primary ability score were 2 points higher than its actual value.
    Level Adjustment: +1
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2010-08-27 at 09:15 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Meirnon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    Quote Originally Posted by Andion Isurand View Post
    You could make a Rubyskin template for this...

    +2 str, +2 dex, -4 wis, +2 cha
    Natural armor improves by +1.
    -2 racial penalty on Hide checks.
    +2 racial bonus on Move Silenelty checks.
    +1 dodge bonus to AC.
    Gain bonus spells per day as though primary ability score were 2 points higher than its actual value.
    Level Adjustment: +1
    I wouldn't necessarily make it a template, but this would work best, I suppose.

    The +2 Dodge bonus while not wearing any footwear seems kind of silly to me, but it's your race, so.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ruby Elves (3.5 race) PEACH

    Quote Originally Posted by Meirnon View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily make it a template, but this would work best, I suppose.

    The +2 Dodge bonus while not wearing any footwear seems kind of silly to me, but it's your race, so.
    It's a culture thing, kind of like Dwarves having bonuses against giants: it's not natural ability so much as being used to fighting barefoot. Make sense?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •