New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Miracle Man

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Miracle Man

The wife and I watched The Princess Bride last night with the director's commentary. I didn't know it was only Reiner's second movie as director. That was a gamble but it paid off. Love that movie.

It got me thinking about Miracle Max. How would you emulate his abilities in 3.5/PF? Can you emulate his abilities in 3.5/PF?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Miracle Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsubo 57 View Post
    The wife and I watched The Princess Bride last night with the director's commentary. I didn't know it was only Reiner's second movie as director. That was a gamble but it paid off. Love that movie.

It got me thinking about Miracle Max. How would you emulate his abilities in 3.5/PF? Can you emulate his abilities in 3.5/PF?
    That's a great question. I'd say some sort of cleric/mage combo. Perhaps maybe even an artificer?
    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

What is best in life?
    To win initiative, to roll natural 20s, and to hear the lamentations of the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    And in reality, a golem made out of neutronium would...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobSutan View Post
    That's a great question. I'd say some sort of cleric/mage combo. Perhaps maybe even an artificer?
    No, no, his WIFE is the one who makes the potions, he's just an expert with ranks in bluff.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't recall Miracle Max doing anything besides making snarky comentary, being bitter and knowing the material componant of what could only be interpreted as Raise Dead, or possibly the illusion of raise dead. On the other hand, maybe he's just some sort of cleric and his magic (which comes from his faith in an ideal, rather than a god) seems like miracles to all the aristocrats and commoners running around.