New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Song of the White raven optimization

Build idea

Make a bard /Warblade or Crusader build using the following feats

song of the white raven (to combine your levels to maximize inspire courage and use it as a swift action)

obtain familiar + improved familiar (or other similar feat) to obtain a pet which will be greatly improved by your song and the fact that it shares your Hitpoints and BAB (which should be high considering you're multiclassing with a Warblade or Crusader)

To use obtain familiar I need at least 3 levels of Bard, and to gain access to the best familiars I need 7

Warblade or Crusader (not decided on which yet) is needed to obtain a white raven stance (using feats would be a problem since this build would be starved for feats)

Race:

so far I was thinking human to get the extra feat and skillpoints

templates:

none for now, if you have a suggestion go for it

bard type:

I was thinking using the savage Bard variant to gain survival (with the familiar I'd gain probably gain track

so plz help

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Song of the White raven optimization

Wild Cohort is a feat with gives you an animal companion, basically. It would be nice instead of to (or in addition to) the improved familiar.

Jade Phoenix Mage is the martial/arcane gish PrC. Unfortunately, JPM levels don't technically apply to Song of the White Raven.

If you are going Divine Bard anyways, then a single level of Prestige Paladin would add all the paladin spells to your spell list, given how prestige base classes work. Prestige Ranger would also give your spells some variety, and you may qualify for it easier, also some DMs may question how a Bard/Prestige base class is supposed to work.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Why no just go whole hog and go the Dragonfire Inspiration + Leadership route?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

wild cohort would be a nice idea, definitely going for it

leadership is banned though and savage bard is not a divine caster (still arcane) but you get high Fort and Will saves and , arguably , better spell and skill selections (just lookup the SRD)