New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default more then one way to skin a cat....

Cat skinning blade

This item was crafted by an Elven spellsmith for his wandering Ranger friend
    It is a 10 inch long finely crafted mithral skinning knife made to help with the skinning of magical creatures. This Blade is treated as a +15 dagger for the purpose of overcoming magical hardness while skinning otherwise it is treated as a +1 dagger

The skinning blade has the following abilities while used for the skinning of a magical creature(DM's discretion)

Of a single piece-Any time a freshly killed magical creature is skinned with this knife its skin is taken as a single piece of what ever size the creature was

Fast skinning-while skinning a magical creature reduce skinning time by half

Precise cuts-cuts taken with this knife to skin a freshly dead magical creature result in extremely precise cuts taking only the skin(+10 to the check)

any skin taken with this item is treated as having some of the natural abilities (DM's discretion)of the creature it was taken from

this item is is built mostly for crafters or those who hunt alot but rarely get anything worth it from the hunt.
    I just intended this as a useful tool and kinda to make something normal after that evil forge
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...98#post9239898

tell me what you think

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: more then one way to skin a cat....

I might make it also count as cold-iron and/or silver and/or byeshk(or however you spell that stuff from Eberon)... or just short-cut it all and say it counts as any material worth 1000 gp per pound or less for those purposes.

Would go very well for a necromancer who likes making my Empty Skins (see my Full List of Homebrew AKA extended signature, listed in my sig).

The utility is so narrow (it doesn't even help with harvesting anything other than the skin) that I would count it as a +2 weapon cost-wise.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Hey draco, those'd probably go good with my Gut spell

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

think il broaden this item out just wanted the base idea

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

To quote a man I don't remember the name of:
    "HOW MANY WAYS DO YOU NEED, YOU FREAKIN' SADIST?"

What's the purpose of skinning it anyways? Can you sell skins? Craft (Taxidermy)?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Hey draco, those'd probably go good with my Gut spell
    Yes and no... it would make perfect sense, but it would also steal a bit of the flavor from my organ undead in that many fewer PCs would actually invest the skill points into Heal, or Craft (Butcher) with that spell around... would have to think carefully. Craft (Taxidermy) would basically be reduced to getting the tanning process right. Good cross-reference though...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-08-28 at 05:12 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.