New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Unconcious: They are willing.

SRD States: Declaring yourself as a willing target is something that can be done at any time (even if you’re flat-footed or it isn’t your turn). Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing, but a character who is conscious but immobile or helpless (such as one who is bound, cowering, grappling, paralyzed, pinned, or stunned) is not automatically willing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Unconcious: They are willing.

this came up in the obscure rules thread didn't it? In any case much smirking happened.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Your point being? Is this a continuation of a discussion from another thread? Context would be helpful.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is a very good thing, otherwise a host of spells would be unable to be used to save your KOed buddy, and prisoners would be much harder to transport.

5. - Top - End - #5

GnomePirate

Aside from looking a little rapey when quoted out of context, I don't see anything wrong with that paragraph.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    Your point being? Is this a continuation of a discussion from another thread? Context would be helpful.
    I believe it has something to do with rape. Which is probably grounds for a lock.

Not sure, though, and if I'm wrong, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Unconscious enemies make for fun spells. Regroup takes care of disarming traps and benign transposition makes for funtimes against grapplers.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Can just imagine a psion coming in, putting everyone into a stupor so they don't awake, and then Control Body.

Use your imagination. But maybe not like that. Stoppit.

9. - Top - End - #9

It's handy and not overpowered for stuff like teleporting unconscious captives but I wonder about some of the nastier enchantments where being considered willing waivers a save.

Of course it just sounds terribly icky in a different context.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ormur View Post
    It's handy and not overpowered for stuff like teleporting unconscious captives but I wonder about some of the nastier enchantments where being considered willing waivers a save.

This is why you always remember that NPCs are dying too, and might not stabilize. If they reduce an enemy to -9 hp, they have to dominate and revive them before the opponent's next turn or they might die. If they reduce one to -7 hp and then take 3 rounds to kill the rest of the enemies, they aren't likely to dominate that enemy, wake it up and use it in their master plan.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ormur View Post

Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing. The unconscious = willing rule means that you can use willing-only spells like Teleport. It does not mean you can use whatever you want without resistance.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing. The unconscious = willing rule means that you can use willing-only spells like Teleport. It does not mean you can use whatever you want without resistance.
    Teleports not willing only IIRC. Infactm using this interpretation, I can think of few spells where it would make much of a difference.
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

13. - Top - End - #13
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

14. - Top - End - #14

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing
    So you could... knock someone uncouncious and... buff the hell out of them?

Ahh, Wizard College days. Waking up fully buffed, covered in arcane runes. "Why do I keep breaking my quills and crushing my delicate reagents with my immense strength?! DAMN YOU DWEOMER HOUSE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    What does "too evil" mean, anyway? Too evil compared to what? Is there a Recommended Daily Allowance of evil?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moriato View Post
    So you could... knock someone uncouncious and... buff the hell out of them?

Ahh, Wizard College days. Waking up fully buffed, covered in arcane runes. "Why do I keep breaking my quills and crushing my delicate reagents with my immense strength?! DAMN YOU DWEOMER HOUSE!"
    This just made my day

Hmmm, run a wizarding college game. It would probably end like this without DM help.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Mod They Call Me: I don't think there's really a need for a thread about raping. Thread locked.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns