New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Post [3.5] Daggerspell Mage -> Psion

I currently have a Rogue 1/ Kineticist 5, who will be taking his first level in Daggerspell Psion. I have realized that the first class ability, Daggercast has 2 parts to it, one of which is useless to a Scion, and another which is less useful for a Scion. The first allows you to cast spells while holding 2 daggers even if it has a somatic or material component. The second allows you to deliver a touch spell trough a dagger attack.

The first problem is that Psions don't have somatic gestures or material components. Obviously this is useless.

The second problem is the severe lack of touch abilities available to a Psion. I'll list them all: 1st lvl Crystal Shard(ranged), Dissipating Touch, Hammer. 2nd lvl -, 3rd lvl -, 4th lvl -, 5th lvl -, 6th lvl -, 7th -, 8th lvl -, 9th lvl -.
    As you can see, not that many...

If there is already a fix made for this, and for Double Daggercast, for the latter reason, it would really help to know. If not, I'd like some help figuring it out.
    Thanks to Tiffanie Lirle for the avatar. :D

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Daggerspell Mage -> Psion

I'm not sure what kind of "fix" you're looking for. Daggerspell Mage is intended to benefit...dun dun dun....Mages.

You trying to shoehorn a Psion into it isn't a problem with the class.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Complete Psionic has a few more metacreativity powers that are similar to Chrystal Shard, and it also has a couple of negative energy abilities like Stygian Ray etc.

You'd probably be better off in most regards with Slayer, in the SRD. Its full BAB, 9/10 manifesting, and gives you abilities are somewhat useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    Complete Psionic has a few more metacreativity powers that are similar to Chrystal Shard, and it also has a couple of negative energy abilities like Stygian Ray etc.

You'd probably be better off in most regards with Slayer, in the SRD. Its full BAB, 9/10 manifesting, and gives you abilities are somewhat useful.
    Doesn't progress Sneak Attack though, which I assume is the intent.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

The book even says that you can use a psionic progression for the class but seems to forget that some of the class features don't match up. So what I'm really looking for is just a way to change the description of the ability to match better with the psionics. One idea I have is that I can deliver an Energy "insert version here" Power with the dagger.
    Thanks to Tiffanie Lirle for the avatar. :D