New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default [Pathfinder] Cleric Combat Options

Hey everybody.

So I'm going to be playing a cleric in a Pathfinder game in the near future & I'm finding myself kind of disappointed with the combat options I've found, spellwise.

I'm playing a NG cleric of Sarenrae, level 8, with Fire & Healing domains, & I'm trying to keep the character more thematically based, but it's not super necessary.

Can anyone give me some advice as to some additional options for being blasty & unleashing the power of the sun at people?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Great. Someone figured out how to make a computer from mutilated trolls.

Next thing you know we'll have a way to make an internet by feeding people to Mind Flayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    Moradin is not the "Beer God," so my Dwarven cleric of Moradin cannot go around yelling "Beer for the Beer God!" in taverns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    Make the horse the Frenzied Berzerker...

You get Mounted Charging, it gets Leap Attack. And then it tries to eat you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Cleric Combat Options

If you're looking for blasty it may be worth asking your DM if you can use the PHB 2 variant that allows clerics to spontainiously cast their domain spells.

You may need to pick a different domain (such as the Fire Domain) for this to really be more blasty though.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Moon Bolt from the APG is a good spell. Also remember that you are a cleric. There is a reason you have medium BAB and armor. You can hit things.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

@Nero24200 I do have Fire as one of my domains. The spontaneous-cast thing is definitely a good idea, though.

@satorian Well, yeah. Plan 1 is to beat the hell out of people with a flaming scimitar. But I would like to be able to hold my own if that fails for one reason or another. And I apparently don't have the APG (which is being acquired atm), so thanks for drawing my attention to that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Great. Someone figured out how to make a computer from mutilated trolls.

Next thing you know we'll have a way to make an internet by feeding people to Mind Flayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    Moradin is not the "Beer God," so my Dwarven cleric of Moradin cannot go around yelling "Beer for the Beer God!" in taverns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    Make the horse the Frenzied Berzerker...

You get Mounted Charging, it gets Leap Attack. And then it tries to eat you.