New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Trying to find the premade characters from the 3.5 basic set, any help?

For random reasons, I am trying to find PDF's of the cast of characters from the 3.5 box set. You know, Lydda and the gang. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks : )
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Trying to find the premade characters from the 3.5 basic set, any help?

The "Enemies & Allies" book has stats for them for at least 5, 10, 15 & 20. You can also search WoTC site; there are some book advertisements with some Iconics' stats there. All you need to know is their names.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-09-03 at 11:46 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trying to find the premade characters from the 3.5 basic set, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    The "Enemies & Allies" book has stats for them for at least 5, 10, 15 & 20. You can also search WoTC site; there are some book advertisements with some Iconics' stats there. All you need to know is their names.
    Hm, the enemies and allies book seems to be 3.0 and I cant find the stats on the wizards website. I hate their website, such a jumble when it comes to finding 3.5 stuff : /
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Man, you're not kidding about that. I know that they had an article in which they gave stats for the iconic characters at several levels, which nicely illustrated the sorts of build choices and equipment that they expected characters to have. But now I can't find it, and I'm not even sure if it's there any more. Gack! This is really irking me now...

Edit: OK, I my Google-fu finally sufficed to find the NPC Closeups that I remembered. Iconic characters are listed at the bottom by class, but this stuff is from back when 3E was still in development; definitely not 3.5! Still, kinda interesting.
    Last edited by Devils_Advocate; 2010-09-04 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.