New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Planescape Druid

So very soon I am going to be part of a Planescape Campaign, and I'm playing a Druid, who will eventually be a planar druid.

What I want to know is if the Planar Substitution levels, as found in the Planar Handbook, are worth it or not.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Planescape Druid

That depends upon which planes you'll be frequenting. If it's Ysgard, the Prime, the Beastlands, I'd say leave Druid alone. If it's the Elemental planes, the Abyss, or some other such inhospitable place, I'd consider the substitution levels.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowing my GM, we'll be going everywhere.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

check the build i did for the Planescape campaign that I am in atm... it is a lvl 14 build but it's workable.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166745
    Last edited by mobdrazhar; 2010-09-07 at 07:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    Warforged: We can draw the guards away from the treasury if we set that orphanage two blocks down on fire.

Paladin: wtf, NO! Why would you say something like that?

Warforged: Fine, fine. I'll go burn down the church instead. I bet the screams of the monks will carry farther than the children's anyway, judging on their singing capacity.

Paladin: I've got a better idea. You shut up and we'll send the rogue around back >.<

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I saw this... but thanks anywho.

So what's your take on my Q?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I think I saw this... but thanks anywho.

So what's your take on my Q?
    I Probably wouldn't take the Planar ACF's as you get Planar bubble from Planar Shepherd. The early planes your DM will send you to shouldn't be as dangerous as the Plane of Elelmental Fire or the Negative Energy Plane so you should have decent abilities and magic items before you get to then.

Taking the ACF Voice of the City at 1st lvl is really useful in a Planescape game it allows you to communicate even with creatures that you don't share a language with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Warforged: We can draw the guards away from the treasury if we set that orphanage two blocks down on fire.

Warforged: Fine, fine. I'll go burn down the church instead. I bet the screams of the monks will carry farther than the children's anyway, judging on their singing capacity.

Paladin: I've got a better idea. You shut up and we'll send the rogue around back >.<

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Where can I find the ACF Voice of the City?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2010-09-07 at 07:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Where can I find the ACF Voice of the City?
    http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a

along with some other Urban ACF's if they appeal to you.

I would also recommend Heat Endurance from Sandstorm

Spoiler
    Show