New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [3.5] What to do with 25k and a wish/miracle

So our party of six just finished a major leg of the campaign and received about 25k in gp and a free miracle/wish spell (our choosing).
    Game Info:
    Spoiler
    Show

We are level 9-10, playing a fairly light-hearted metagamey campaign in Faerun, and have a flying yacht. Yeah, that's right. That yacht is pretty much indestructible and impenetrable, so our bases our covered.

Core-only, except on a case-by-case basis. Anything online is usually cool unless it doesn't fit (OA, DM), is too complicated for 6 players and a DM to understand and use effectively (ToM, ToB), or overpowered (DM and other notables)

I am a straight-up Factotum, based around Tripping, Fear, and Poison. In other words, my usual build. I'm not going to post my inventory sheet because it's about 3 pages (both sides) long.

My question is:
    What should I do with 25k gp and a wish/miracle? I would prefer to improve my character's contribution to the party, but any suggestions are welcome.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] What to do with 25k and a wish/miracle

If you don't already have an inherent bonus to your Int score, that's probably a pretty good way to spend the wish.
    Fair warning: I edit my posts fairly continuously, sometimes adding substantial amounts in the period immediately after I post originally. I blame grad school instilling a constant need to revise.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] What to do with 25k and a wish/miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonian View Post
    If you don't already have an inherent bonus to your Int score, that's probably a pretty good way to spend the wish.
    Hmmm...Candle of Invocation?

If you like your game, other options might be more viable. Urban Tools from the Cityscape Web Enhancement might be useful. The Assassination weapon property would be good for your character by the sound of it.